Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SL Coupon Code
(07-18-2018, 06:54 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 11:04 AM)straighterline.com Wrote: Look what's on sale! And just in time to enroll in a class this summer. Knowing Degree Forum readers are often on the lookout for a deal, we’re sharing early access to our summer promo. Get a $59 StraighterLine course with promo until 11:59pm on 7/19/18. PROMO code SLSurprise59DFM (for new or restarting students) or PROMO code SLSurprise59DF (for active students looking for an additional course) at checkout: http://www.straighterline.com

Just used this on Calculus 2! Thank you for the steep discount! This is my first course through SL. Is there a way to "pause" my membership now to focus on other things or does it keep going until my month runs out?
Haha!! I also used mine on calc II!!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(07-18-2018, 01:31 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 11:47 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 04:08 PM)Sapientes Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 11:04 AM)straighterline.com Wrote: Look what's on sale! And just in time to enroll in a class this summer. Knowing Degree Forum readers are often on the lookout for a deal, we’re sharing early access to our summer promo. Get a $59 StraighterLine course with promo until 11:59pm on 7/19/18. PROMO code SLSurprise59DFM (for new or restarting students) or PROMO code SLSurprise59DF (for active students looking for an additional course) at checkout: http://www.straighterline.com

SLSurprise59DF worked for me! One course in the cart with no membership at checkout. Thanks!

I couldn't get this to happen- I'd like to buy the course but wait and buy the membership once the school year starts, but I tried every which way and the membership wouldn't delete - it kept repopulating into my cart. ;(

It only works if you have an active membership. AFAIK there is no way to purchase a course if you don't have an active sub at the time (or are activating a sub as part of the purchase).

I ended up purchasing an additional course I knew I wasn't planning to take right away when we had the last deal, but I had 3 days left in my sub so it worked out fine. I'd love to be able to take advantage of this deal to add another now, but I'm not ready to re-up my SL sub while I'm busy with other stuff.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I wish I could figure out a way around that.
(07-18-2018, 06:54 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

Just used this on Calculus 2! Thank you for the steep discount! This is my first course through SL. Is there a way to "pause" my membership now to focus on other things or does it keep going until my month runs out?
An update: I just emailed support at SL earlier today and they were able to pause my account for the time being. The email states that I can call or email them later to resume and I will have 23 days remaining when that does happen. This was very helpful for me as I only plan to take the one course through SL, and have found that I will need to spend at least a few weeks reviewing my CALC 1 material before resuming CALC 2. Definitely didn't want my $99 month subscription being eaten while I was unable to even work on that class. 

Thanks SL for being so quick and understanding.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Very cool.
@MNomadic I don't know your math skills but I think the Saylor Calculus class is better preparation for Calc II. Cause study.com class you did seems watered down, they even said it was for non-stem majors whereas SL Calc II is for STEM majors. And be careful with SL cause for precalc and calc I I'm doing now the unit tests are different from the content in the videos, so I don't know if calc II is the same, I bougth it just haven't looked at it yet but they both use thinkwell which is awesome.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(07-28-2018, 09:06 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @MNomadic I don't know your math skills but I think the Saylor Calculus class is better preparation for Calc II. Cause study.com class you did seems watered down, they even said it was for non-stem majors whereas SL Calc II is for STEM majors. And be careful with SL cause for precalc and calc I I'm doing now the unit tests are different from the content in the videos, so I don't know if calc II is the same, I bougth it just haven't looked at it yet but they both use thinkwell which is awesome.

Hello,
How are you preparing to pass the tests if the video content is different than the tests? Any tips? Thanks!
@acamp For the Pre-Calc I don't think I will finish it cause I already have Aleks Trig which transfers in as Precalc at TESU. It sucks though cause I already bought the course and the lectures are actually quite easy to follow.

For the Calculus I I'm using the free books from here:

http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~marsden/volume/Calculus/

And I'm also using the Youtube with professor Leonard that guy is awesome. 'Jacked' Calc professor teaches from calc I to calc III really to the point. His biceps do distract a little though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYyARMqi...61509B4EB5

So I figure I can take August to finish the Calc I book and the YouTube that then watch the SL videos and take the SL exams only, I'm also probably thinking about just doing the Saylor exam probably cause it's like $30 to take it right away vs $100 for SL membership + proctorU fees. I may save that $100 and fees for Calc II. I like the Thinkwell though the guy explains really really good, but the SL exams don't align at all with what is being taught IMHO.

It would be great if SL brought more STEM courses. Probably discrete math, linear algebra and calc III with the explosion in the tech industry machine learning, AI etc. I think a lot more people would go into those fields. At least more "technology" courses could be good probably a data structures and operating systems or computer architecture and python.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • acamp
(07-28-2018, 10:11 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @acamp For the Pre-Calc I don't think I will finish it cause I already have Aleks Trig which transfers in as Precalc at TESU. It sucks though cause I already bought the course and the lectures are actually quite easy to follow.

And I'm also using the Youtube with professor Leonard that guy is awesome. 'Jacked' Calc professor teaches from calc I to calc III really to the point. His biceps do distract a little though.

So I figure I can take August to finish the Calc I book and the YouTube that then watch the SL videos and take the SL exams only, I'm also probably thinking about just doing the Saylor exam probably cause it's like $30 to take it right away vs $100 for SL membership + proctorU fees. I may save that $100 and fees for Calc II. I like the Thinkwell though the guy explains really really good, but the SL exams don't align at all with what is being taught IMHO.

It would be great if SL brought more STEM courses. Probably discrete math, linear algebra and calc III with the explosion in the tech industry machine learning, AI etc. I think a lot more people would go into those fields. At least more "technology" courses could be good probably a data structures and operating systems or computer architecture and python.

Thanks so much for the info and links. I looked up Professor Leonard on YouTube and found this playlist for Calc 1. Could you look at the link and confirm that it’s the right one for Calc 1 that your talking about?

Also, would you say going through all of his Calc 1 youtube videos (32 i think) would be sufficient to pass the Saylor exam without using the books?

Thanks again!
(07-28-2018, 12:03 PM)acamp Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 10:11 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @acamp For the Pre-Calc I don't think I will finish it cause I already have Aleks Trig which transfers in as Precalc at TESU. It sucks though cause I already bought the course and the lectures are actually quite easy to follow.

Thanks so much for the info and links. I looked up Professor Leonard on YouTube and found this playlist for Calc 1. Could you look at the link and confirm that it’s the right one for Calc 1 that your talking about?

Also, would you say going through all of his Calc 1 youtube videos (32 i think) would be sufficient to pass the Saylor exam without using the books?

Thanks again!

Yeah its the right link. Of course the videos arent enough. Math is a skill, you you have to practice. The book is good because it comes with a student manual and has solutions for odd numbered problems all legally free. Idk if you are like a math genius or something but it's best you look at the videos then do the excercises in the book. Math and programming I know for sure you must practice and understand to pass. Between the two looking at course content on saylor you have a solid chance of passing the saylor course.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

@armstrong

Thanks! You're right, the SDC class was watered down and also terrible, so I was going to run through the material from a different source anyways. I've been using Khan a bunch lately and I do enjoy that platform. It let's me choose what subjects I want to study and breaks it down pretty good. It has lots of quizzes as well with good answer explanations.

I'm going to check out saylor and the other one you mentioned too.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 105 52,157 9 hours ago
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,274 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  SOPHIA PROMO CODE Grateful4Advice 15 5,476 11-27-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  Do you have a current Study.com coupon code? Who could refer me? Felisa 3 609 09-06-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PSA: Everyone who used Avon's code for Sophia bdarei 7 2,033 03-08-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Randyb100
  latest Study.com code for January, 2023 for 1 month free EducationSeeker 3 1,504 01-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Study.com discount code renewed! mcquacks2 3 2,736 05-21-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mcquacks2
  Study.com code carebear_007 19 4,292 02-23-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Sophia coupon code available until Sept. 30, 2021 rachel83az 1 988 09-10-2021, 10:24 AM
Last Post: thewupk
  Request for SDC / Study.com Discount Referral code eureka21 14 2,433 08-27-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: TwinMom