Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL -- flashing quiz pages?
I just took a quiz in Straighterline's English Comp I -- one of those quizzes where the first "question" is the paragraph all the other questions are based on.  That page didn't display properly, though; all the content was there, but it kept jumping back and forth as though it couldn't figure out how to align itself, causing a "flashing" effect that made it impossible to read.  Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
(08-01-2018, 02:52 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: I just took a quiz in Straighterline's English Comp I -- one of those quizzes where the first "question" is the paragraph all the other questions are based on.  That page didn't display properly, though; all the content was there, but it kept jumping back and forth as though it couldn't figure out how to align itself, causing a "flashing" effect that made it impossible to read.  Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me?

I finished this a couple months ago without issue. Have you tried using a different web browser? That sounds like a web client issue. The SL site seems to support all the popular browsers, so it sounds like something odd is going on.

When I run into those kinds of issues, I clear my cache, restart the browser, and try again. If that doesn't work, I reboot and then check Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and sometimes Opera and MS Edge. If the issue exists across multiple browsers, it is a presentation issue on the website. If it's just one browser, it is probably a client incompatibility issue or a config issue in the web client.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(08-01-2018, 02:52 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: I just took a quiz in Straighterline's English Comp I -- one of those quizzes where the first "question" is the paragraph all the other questions are based on.  That page didn't display properly, though; all the content was there, but it kept jumping back and forth as though it couldn't figure out how to align itself, causing a "flashing" effect that made it impossible to read.  Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me?

hey, following Merlin's advice..i would try Mozilla Firefox..i've noticed no issues with it. The pages load quicker too.
Oddly, I had no issue with any of the other quizzes/pages. Just the one.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Math 108: Discrete Mathematics - Optional Quiz and final exam Titan_s 5 2,133 11-11-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: simonbellfi
  SDC Quiz retake Lupeb 10 1,645 08-09-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor updates pages to include expired courses udi 8 1,869 12-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Quiz tinyham 1 836 09-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  SDC | QUIZ for grading akr680 2 955 06-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Last Post: akr680
  SDC quiz question for power users.. suzycupcake 14 2,605 05-31-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Ghost Quiz on Study.com saraholson 3 1,297 05-17-2019, 11:46 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Study.com Quiz Grade Question natshar 4 1,135 12-15-2018, 11:25 PM
Last Post: natshar
  100% on the Practice Quiz on SDC natshar 13 2,933 11-17-2018, 06:06 PM