Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schmoop quizzes?
Have you personally been able to do this? Because I've tried multiple methods and have been unsuccessful. I've gotten around similar issues on other sites (not for school, but for other purposes; like saving a picture or video) so it's not that I'm not aware of methods to get around the anti-save codes. I'm just saying Shmoop has been particularly problematic.
I took 3 of their courses when they had the special last year at $25 or $29/month, and in fact, those were the only courses available that were college credit. I don't think much has changed in the sense of website/extra codes. I just copied what I wanted, moved it to notepad, copied the whole thing from notepad to word and converted it to pdf. I did the extra step of going into notepad to get rid of junk.

Similarly, Straighterline has courses from Acrobatiq, there are no textbooks for those courses. I had to create a "searchable" text the same way as when I tried to copy/paste, it does so, but strangely into google docs or other word online. So, I just copied the text only into notepad and copy/pasted it into google docs or word online. Converted it to a searchable pdf as well for the topic exams.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Shmoop has some type of copy protection. It tends to overwrite things. I gave up trying to copy things. Maybe someone with more computer savvy might be able to do it.
I haven't tried copying/pasting anything, because it hasn't been an issue yet for this course. (I've finished 2 of 6 units and haven't had any trouble with the tests.) But have you tried, instead of a straight "paste," right-clicking and choosing "paste special" > "paste unformatted text"?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
I take my copy comments back - I tried to print pages and text wrote upon text. I forgot.
You can copy/paste quizzes. They also provide the answers after a quiz-take. But the quizzes are quite simple (US History) versus the tests.
(09-25-2017, 04:21 PM)bellbaby Wrote: You can copy/paste quizzes. They also provide the answers after a quiz-take. But the quizzes are quite simple (US History) versus the tests.

Yes, I'm discovering that the quizzes are virtually useless. Sad
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • bellbaby

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com - Optional quizzes? kylan11 4 484 12-31-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,517 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Study.com Quizzes dissappeared channaleah 2 605 01-31-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: channaleah
  Study.com Course with 137 Quizzes taking ridiculously long mohelena02 11 1,912 01-09-2022, 02:29 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Completed quizzes study.com Lacedonia4 18 2,542 08-18-2020, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Redoing quizzes after taking a final on study.com? blt93933 1 925 03-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Study.com Quizzes - 4/5? Mab81 4 1,170 11-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Study.com - What does 'Optional' mean on quizzes? Mab81 6 2,270 11-11-2018, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Mistakes in study.com lessons/quizzes fork 13 2,709 05-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Do SHMOOP quizzes count towards the overall grade? kevinmane 5 1,396 03-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Last Post: chattenoire