Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer
(11-07-2020, 01:01 PM)elenlushk Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:52 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 09:53 AM)openair Wrote: Compare:

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory
https://web.archive.org/web/202008091114...-directory

Study.com isn't on the approved provider directory list. Interesting...

I'm checking on that now...will update when I find out what's going on.

I love the original post, and agree that we should create a sticky for it at the top.  Maybe change the title to "Schools that take 90cr of transfer and ACE" or something like that?

I'd also add to WGU: no degree has free electives, degrees are 25-30% GE and 70-75% major, some degrees require more than 30cr that must be taken at WGU

There are additional schools that we could list that take 90cr of transfer, I have 11 of them: CSU-Global, Franklin University, Granite State College, Liberty University, SNHU, SUNY-Empire, University of Maryland Global Campus, Upper Iowa University, Wilmington University, Purdue University Global, AMU/APU.

It doesn't seem like that list is conclusive- isn't Ed4credit already gone? I would hope that study.com credits are still accepted as I'm working on them now...

https://sps.cuny.edu/academics/undergrad...r-learning                                      

The total of all prior learning credit, including transfer credit, cannot exceed 105 credits. To earn a CUNY SPS bachelor’s degree, students must complete 15 credits of CUNY SPS coursework.  

To find out more about credit for prior learning at CUNY SPS, please contact us at (212) 652-2869. Prospective students and applicants may schedule a meeting with an academic advisor to obtain an unofficial credit evaluation for an undergraduate degree program.
University of Maine at Presque Isle

- - - - Degrees Awarded - - - - -

Graduate: Masters Organizational Leadership (MAOL)
Degree Honors| Summa Cum Laude| Deans List
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Plan| Business Administration Major
Plan| Project Management
Degree Honors: Cum Laude
[Image: AlumniLogo600-300x300.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes tpowell's post:
  • Pikachu
Just realized that Peirce hasn't been mentioned in this thread. https://www.peirce.edu/
102-credits-allowed degrees include:
  • Liberal Studies -- Cheaper at UMPI but this has concentrations in Cybersecurity and Medical Coding that you can't get elsewhere. Also, Criminal Justice, Customer Service Management, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Management, and Leadership -- but those have equivalents at UMPI or one of the Big 3.
  • BS in Organizational Leadership & Management -- Cheaper at UMPI but could be good if you don't want to deal with a competency-based degree.
  • BS in Technology Management -- Good if you're looking for this specific degree
  • BS in Human Services Leadership -- I know nothing about this degree but they have a list of professions that might want one: https://www.peirce.edu/degrees-programs/...leadership

The application/admissions fee is $50 but they will do a free credit evaluation if you want to know how your credits will work. https://www.peirce.edu/pla/credits-for-prior-learning
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 4 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Arto, HelenCook, jch, Pikachu
(06-07-2021, 06:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Just realized that Peirce hasn't been mentioned in this thread. https://www.peirce.edu/
  • If you choose one of the 90-transfer-credit degrees, they say that it'll cost $20k to finish. The 102-transfer-credit degrees are $11k and this is pretty comparable to TESU.

Hi rachel83az,

One question, you helped me with this estimate for TESU:

"
$4639 to take 16 credits in a single term: capstone, CIS-107 ePack, Software Engineering, COS-111 Introduction to Programming, COS-240 Operating Systems, PLA-100
NO residency waiver
6-ish courses at Study.com: $600 for 3 months. As low as $540 if split over 2 months instead.
No need for Network Technology TECEP
--------
$5300"

How is $5300 comparable to $11000?
I guess I´m missing something.
(12-12-2021, 12:49 PM)MrPanda Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 06:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Just realized that Peirce hasn't been mentioned in this thread. https://www.peirce.edu/
  • If you choose one of the 90-transfer-credit degrees, they say that it'll cost $20k to finish. The 102-transfer-credit degrees are $11k and this is pretty comparable to TESU.

Hi rachel83az,

One question, you helped me with this estimate for TESU:

"
$4639 to take 16 credits in a single term: capstone, CIS-107 ePack, Software Engineering, COS-111 Introduction to Programming, COS-240 Operating Systems, PLA-100
NO residency waiver
6-ish courses at Study.com: $600 for 3 months. As low as $540 if split over 2 months instead.
No need for Network Technology TECEP
--------
$5300"

It greatly depends on the degree and how many prior credits you have. If you are starting from 0 credits and are NOT doing the 16-credit-term at TESU (instead paying the residency waiver), some TESU degrees are $7-10k (or more) in total. If a Peirce degree fits your goals better and only costs a few thousand more, it may make sense to spend the extra on the degree you actually want.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thank you rachel83az :-D
(12-12-2021, 12:49 PM)MrPanda Wrote:

That $5300 is only what it's going to cost YOU personally.  Every person is not going to have the same price - they don't have any credits; they don't have any RA credits.  They have some credits but not in the major.  TESU doesn't offer a degree they are looking for. Etc.

A degree is only good if it's the one you want.  So if TESU does not have a degree you're looking for, then you will either have to modify what you want (get a different degree) or choose another school.  At that point, yes, it will probably be more expensive than TESU, but it will be the degree you want/need for your circumstances.

A Cybersecurity degree at TESU will run you closer to $20k than $5,300 if you're starting from scratch.  That's because you will have to take you'll have to get 10 IT certifications to cover 30cr; and then 30cr of CYB- and ITS- courses for which TESU isn't accepting outside credit for.  30cr at TESU will run $15,570, unless you take 2 FR/FT 15r terms, which is going to be a heavy load for 6 months (not everyone is up for that) and will run $9,278.  That's still going to be a lot more than $11k when you factor in 60cr of GE/FE and 10 certs.

Everyone is different, so what it will cost each person who's looking at degree planning will be completely different.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Peirce has horrible reviews, I mean truly terrible. Peirce charges $600 per hour plus fees for everything. They advertise low prices to graduate predicated upon transferring in 102 credit hours.
Nichols College in Dudley, Massachusetts allows 90 credits in total and up to 30 credits of ACE/CHEA/CLEP/DANTES to be transferred in. They have partnerships with Sophia, Study.com and Straighterline. It seems they do not accept NA credits.

Only 6 credits towards the AOS can be transferred in (the "Business Core," mercifully, is not considered part of the AOS).

Those who transfer in 90 credits are eligible to graduate with Latin honors.

The college has AACSB accreditation.

Undergraduate courses are $400 per credit.

Courses are online but not self-paced, as far as I know. They don't seem to have a publicly available course schedule, which is unfortunate.

Hopefully that hit upon most points of interest to people here. How many other schools are this generous with transfer and ACE credits and also have AACSB accreditation? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely interested!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Utah Schools switching to the 3-year Bachelor Airamb 6 138 Yesterday, 11:54 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 197 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,462 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,829 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 893 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Other Brick and Mortar Public Univ's that Accept ACE Credit cdrob44 18 2,366 09-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 979 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 670 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,068 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,593 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic