Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send CLEP test score to ACE?
So I just received my transcript of the CLEPs I took while in the Army (2003). That's 18 credits (math, science, english comp) out of the way.

Now, when I take my next exam (principles of management), do I request (at the time of registration) the scores to be sent to ACE? Or is that something that happens automatically?

Basically, if I understand correctly, each CLEP and DSST exam I take will be recorded on my ACE transcript (along with any study.com courses, etc, right?). I would then use that transcript when applying to COSC, or any college.

But what do I need to do at or before test time (CLEP or DANTES) or when i take Study.com or SL courses, to make sure it's all recorded properly?

Thanks for your help.
CLEP and DSST courses do not go on your ACE transcript, and the scores are not sent to ACE. They use their own transcripting set up.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-17-2019, 12:19 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: CLEP and DSST courses do not go on your ACE transcript, and the scores are not sent to ACE. They use their own transcripting set up.

Thanks for replying. There was more to the question, though. And even this answer is a little confusing, because I was just reading a long thread about how some people want to transfer their CLEP exams to their transcript as a P/F grade, rather than a letter grade, when they score low. They filter them through ACE before submitting them to COSC. Can't find the thread now. Did I misunderstand?

But can you elaborate on how it is handled? If I apply to COSC for instance, I have to contact CLEP, DSST and Study.com (and maybe other sources) individually?

And who keeps track of the DSST exams anyway? I dont see a website for that (like how there is the College Board site for CLEP)?
(06-17-2019, 11:27 AM)SCYankee Wrote: So I just received my transcript of the CLEPs I took while in the Army (2003). That's 18 credits (math, science, english comp) out of the way.

Now, when I take my next exam (principles of management), do I request (at the time of registration) the scores to be sent to ACE? Or is that something that happens automatically?

Basically, if I understand correctly, each CLEP and DSST exam I take will be recorded on my ACE transcript (along with any study.com courses, etc, right?). I would then use that transcript when applying to COSC, or any college.

But what do I need to do at or before test time (CLEP or DANTES) or when i take Study.com or SL courses, to make sure it's all recorded properly?

Thanks for your help.

Despite them being ON your Army transcript, all CLEP and DSST exams are actually officially held on a CLEP (or DSST) official transcript. You don't have to do anything- everytime you take a CLEP or DSST, it is kept on file.
When you're ready to have your scores sent to a college, you'll request an official transcript (from CLEP/DSST) and they will send an official transcript for you with all of your passing scores.

Your ACE transcript will hold all your noncollege credit besides CLEP, DSST, and AP. That means, Studycom, SL, Sophia, etc. all do need to be sent to ACE for placement on that transcript.
(06-17-2019, 01:31 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 11:27 AM)SCYankee Wrote: So I just received my transcript of the CLEPs I took while in the Army (2003). That's 18 credits (math, science, english comp) out of the way.

Thanks for your help.

Despite them being ON your Army transcript, all CLEP and DSST exams are actually officially held on a CLEP (or DSST) official transcript. You don't have to do anything- everytime you take a CLEP or DSST, it is kept on file.  
When you're ready to have your scores sent to a college, you'll request an official transcript (from CLEP/DSST) and they will send an official transcript for you with all of your passing scores.  

Your ACE transcript will hold all your noncollege credit besides CLEP, DSST, and AP.   That means, Studycom, SL, Sophia, etc. all do need to be sent to ACE for placement on that transcript.

Thanks a lot. That clears things up. 

So all courses, besides CLEP, DSST, and AP, should be put on an ACE transcript after completion. How do I do that?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SCYankee's post:
  • cookderosa
(06-17-2019, 03:24 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 01:31 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Your ACE transcript will hold all your noncollege credit besides CLEP, DSST, and AP.   That means, Studycom, SL, Sophia, etc. all do need to be sent to ACE for placement on that transcript.

Thanks a lot. That clears things up. 

So all courses, besides CLEP, DSST, and AP, should be put on an ACE transcript after completion. How do I do that?

You create an ACE account, and then as you complete courses, you go to ACE and request that the course be added.

BTW - this is only for ACE courses; if you happen to take an NCCRS course instead (like from Davar or OnlineDegree), they don't have a credit-banking system like ACE (don't even ask!).  So you'll have the course provider send the transcript for you.  Usually free of charge which is nice.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I made a video showing you how to do this- easy as pie Wink
Enter this address into your web browser:

C:\Users\Jennifer\Documents\Screencast-O-Matic\Recordings\AddtoACE.mp4
(06-17-2019, 01:17 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
(06-17-2019, 12:19 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: CLEP and DSST courses do not go on your ACE transcript, and the scores are not sent to ACE. They use their own transcripting set up.

Thanks for replying. There was more to the question, though. And even this answer is a little confusing, because I was just reading a long thread about how some people want to transfer their CLEP exams to their transcript as a P/F grade, rather than a letter grade, when they score low. They filter them through ACE before submitting them to COSC. Can't find the thread now. Did I misunderstand?

But can you elaborate on how it is handled? If I apply to COSC for instance, I have to contact CLEP, DSST and Study.com (and maybe other sources) individually?

And who keeps track of the DSST exams anyway? I dont see a website for that (like how there is the College Board site for CLEP)?

With regard to P/F versus letter grade, you're either A. Thinking of other credit sources (e.g. Study.com, StraighterLine), or B. Reading some really old threads. CLEP and DSST never count for letter grades, though I've heard they used to several years ago.

Yes, you will send a separate transcript request to CLEP, to DSST, and probably to ACE (depending on what courses you complete and where). Depending what school you go to, you may also end up needing to request a transcript from Study.com/StraighterLine/etc.

The DSST website is getcollegecredit.com, but it doesn't have your info or the ability to order transcripts like the CLEP site does. When I ordered my transcript, I had to mail in a request with credit card info. I have heard they're updating their transcript system though, so perhaps this will change.

Does that make sense?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Thanks to everybody for your help!

The link for the video didn't work, as it is a file location on your own pc, instead of a web address.

If you send it, I'll watch it. I also understand the concept.

Thanks for being here and supporting the newbies to the forum.
(06-17-2019, 04:27 PM)cookderosa Wrote: I made a video showing you how to do this- easy as pie Wink
Enter this address into your web browser:

C:\Users\Jennifer\Documents\Screencast-O-Matic\Recordings\AddtoACE.mp4

LOL, who else here has a C:\Users\Jennifer folder on their computer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 197 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 503 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,583 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 504 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 953 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 846 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,306 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 866 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 791 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso