Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site suggestions
I'm not sure if this is a good place for this but have some site suggestions.

I think it would be really cool and useful if there was a way to track our results within each subject. This way we can see that we are making improvements.

I'd also like to be able to get a flash card set that includes a random sampling from all of the subtopics--so basically like a sample test.
ThatPoshGirl Wrote:I'm not sure if this is a good place for this but have some site suggestions.

I think it would be really cool and useful if there was a way to track our results within each subject. This way we can see that we are making improvements.

I'd also like to be able to get a flash card set that includes a random sampling from all of the subtopics--so basically like a sample test.

Indeed... I'd also dig being brought back to the topic you're studying when you finish a test.

I can help with either improvement -- I've built my own tester before (see http://3c0.us, click on "CDC Tester" on the top right.

I know you probably use Regular Expressions for comparing the answer to the response... that can all be worked in. I could also create a Flash-based tester, if you'd feel that'd help Smile.

slaughterhause
ThatPoshGirl Wrote:I think it would be really cool and useful if there was a way to track our results within each subject. This way we can see that we are making improvements.

I like your suggestions, but the reason we don't have the two features you listed is because it goes against our study approach. Tracking scores would emphasize how well you are memorizing what goes in the "blank", when what we really want is for you to learn everything--the question, the blank, and the explanation. Even if you know the blank, we still want you to focus on the explanation, because it could contain critical info for the test.

For a similar reason, we don't offer the random sampling of the entire subject. We're not trying to simulate the test; we like to think of our questions as an interactive textbook. You're reading a chapter at a time, but it's condensed, and there's an interactive element to keep you from getting bored and help you retain more of the information.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
slaughterhause Wrote:Indeed... I'd also dig being brought back to the topic you're studying when you finish a test.

That's a popular suggestion, and we just haven't gotten around to it. I'll bump it up in priority.

Our previous test engine used to have more features and was more sophisticated, but the goal with the version we use now was to make it as stripped-down and lightweight as possible, so that it could potentially support thousands of simultaneous users. Our previous version would slow down during peak use times.
--
Steve
Thanks for the input. I have one more question. If we find typos and similar issues in the flashcards should we send them to the webmaster?
slaughterhause Wrote:I'd also dig being brought back to the topic you're studying when you finish a test.

This feature has now been added!
--
Steve
ThatPoshGirl Wrote:Thanks for the input. I have one more question. If we find typos and similar issues in the flashcards should we send them to the webmaster?

We will be happy to fix all typos you submit via the webmaster email address, but you should probably only submit "serious" typos.
--
Steve
sgloer Wrote:This feature has now been added!

Yes! I really appreciate the feature (of going back to choosing a section of the test to study). I noticed that new feature before I noticed the updated webmaster letter/this forum!

*dances around the room*Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cruise Advice/Other Travel Suggestions burbuja0512 5 1,388 03-19-2024, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  PSA: FYI - ModernStates site having issues bjcheung77 7 673 04-26-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Suggestions for Project/Deadline-Oriented Work kalishakti 3 1,428 03-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  Christmas Shopping Online--Any Suggestions? sgloer 11 4,356 12-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Last Post: sgloer
  This site now looks like an old school BBS on my computer. ELSADDIQ 6 2,639 08-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Reputable Job Boards - Suggestions yb1 16 2,283 03-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Taking my 13 year old to Europe to encourage travel and learning...suggestions? soliloquy 10 7,960 01-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Thoughts, Suggestions, Ideas? LaterBloomer 4 1,338 06-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: alleycat
  Site Goes Down at Midnight CST sanantone 7 1,360 01-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: scorched
  Degree Info site??? cookderosa 17 2,080 10-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac