Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight redirection advise
I got on track to begin testing out my BSBA degree Mid December through end of January. I have not take any tests this February.
I have been able to amass 24 credits. They are:

ALEKS
Intermediate algebra
College Algebra
Precalculus
Intro to Statistics

CLEPS
Analyzing & interpreting Literature 6cr
Sociology 3cr
Principles Of Marketing 3cr

Sanantone graciously prepared a BSBA plan for me however, I was thinking in the interim of getting an associates first for motivation and a quicker goal to complete.
I was wondering if you have an ASBA format and if you could tell me which and where my current credits would fit in less the 36 credits left to complete.(like you did for the BSBA)
And what other exams options would fit in apart from using Saylor? (ignoring cost) I went on there and it was so many modules that made me loose interest in taking that route.

Not very computer savvy just trying to achieve a dream I never thought possible one step at a time. It would be awesome to get my associates before turning 65 this year.

Thank You! Smile
Aleks
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
Precalculus
Statistics

Cleps
Intro to Sociology
Principles of Marketing
Analyzing & interpreting Literature
I can't remember if you had any particular subjects you wanted to avoid or if you wanted to use the Per Credit Tuition Plan.

General Education Requirements 30
A. Intellectual and Practical Skills 12

English Composition I (ENC-101)
(3) - TECEP, CLEP (Composition General – 6 credits or Modular – 3 credits), Straighterline, or Uexcel ECEP

English Composition II (ENC-102)
(3) - TECEP, CLEP (Composition General – 6 credits), Straighterline, or Uexcel ECEP

College Algebra (MAT-121) OR Quantitative Business Analysis (MAT-119)
(3) - Completed

Electives in Intellectual and Practical Skills
(3) - Completed with ALEKS Intermediate Algebra

B. Human Cultures and the Physical and Natural World 6

Macroeconomics (ECO-111) or Microeconomics (ECO-112)
(3) - Straighterline, Uexcel, TECEP, and CLEP

Humanities, Social Sciences or Natural Sciences elective
(3) Completed with Precalculus.

C. Personal and Social Responsibility 9

Ethics Course
(3) - Ethics in America DSST, Business Ethics in Society DSST, Business Ethics Straighterline, Business Ethics Uexcel ECEP, Bioethics Uexcel?, Environmental Ethics TECEP, and Ethics: Theory and Practice Uexcel.

Diversity Course
(3) - Completed with Intro to Sociology

Ethics or Diversity Elective
(3) - General Anthropology DSST, Human/Cultural Geography DSST, Cultural Diversity Uexcel ECEP, Introduction to World Religions DSST, World History from 1600 to Present TECEP?, Marriage and the Family TECEP, Introduction to World Religions Straighterline, Introduction to Anthropology Straighterline, TECEP Psychology of Women, and World Conflicts Since 1900 Uexcel ECEP? or any unused ethics tests that don't duplicate (the business ethics tests and courses duplicate)

D. General Education Electives 3 - Completed with Intro to Statistics

II. Management Core 18

A. Principles of Financial Accounting 3 - CLEP, Uexcel ECEP, TECEP, or Straighterline (Accounting I)

B. Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 - Uexcel ECEP, TECEP or Straighterline (Accounting II)

C. Business Law 3 - CLEP (Introductory Business Law), Uexcel ECEP, Straighterline

D. Principles of Management 3 - CLEP, Uexcel ECEP, Straighterline

E. Principles of Marketing 3 - Completed with CLEP

F. Introduction to Computers/CIS 3 - CLEP (Information Systems and Computer Applications), DSST (Introduction to Computing or Management Information Systems)

III. Business Electives 6 - The TEEX courses are free, but if you didn't like Saylor, then you aren't going to like those. I would just choose something easy like the Principles of Supervision DSST and/or Intro to Business DSST.

IV. Free Electives 6 - Completed with Analyzing & Interpreting Literature.

If you're going to choose the Per Credit Tuition Plan, then you are going to have to include four TECEPs.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
As usual Sanantone you are a wealth of information.
You make a great advisor!
I think I will make the below listed my four TECEPS:

Ethics course:
Environmental Ethics

Ethics or Diversity Elective:
Marriage and the Family

Management Core:
Financial Accounting
Managerial Accounting

You really broke it down easy for me to grasp. Perhaps you will be able to guide me on the remaining courses for the Bachelors once the associates is out of the way. Smile
I know I have to apply to TESC at a cost of $75 for the Per Credit Tuition. Is that the only cost before the $111 for the individual tests?
Also any study guides for the TECEPS? I have only used instacert so far.
Aleks
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
Precalculus
Statistics

Cleps
Intro to Sociology
Principles of Marketing
Yes, you just pay the $75 application fee and will pay $111 when you register for a TECEP. You will pay a graduation fee when you apply for graduation.

There are flashcards for three TECEPs. If you maintain your Instantcert subscription, then you will have access to the Specific Exam Feedback forum. I don't know how much info is there on TECEPs. Most people will advise you to read the recommended text. Some TECEPs are aligned with Saylor courses.
Earn College Credit | Saylor Academy

TESC also recommends free study materials for their exams, but I'm sure they aren't as aligned as the recommended textbooks.
http://www.tesc.edu/degree-completion/do..._TECEP.pdf
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thank You Sanantone
Aleks
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
Precalculus
Statistics

Cleps
Intro to Sociology
Principles of Marketing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missed NJDOE GPA for CE by .15! NEED ADVISE ASAP! PLEASE HELP! mel_y_mel 35 3,101 10-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  need advise with online BA in psychology medo 5 1,230 05-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need Advise and/or Degree Plan germ 7 1,641 09-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advise Re: Second Degree Plan DezCez 10 2,387 08-18-2018, 02:13 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Advise for a 9th grader rlw74 13 2,444 01-23-2018, 01:24 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Needing a few more TECEPs please advise tsimmns 7 1,148 03-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Last Post: tsimmns
  Could use some advise on a degree to pursue defscarlett 15 1,709 02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Last Post: defscarlett
  Advise on Which test to take? successjy 8 1,404 01-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Last Post: successjy
  ASN to BA/BS advise please Puttlesbridge 3 648 09-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Puttlesbridge
  Advise needed, please help to complete my Bachelor Degree eseeker 3 729 08-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Last Post: cookderosa