Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soooooo close!
I am so close to finishing, I can almost taste it!

The only exams I have left left to take is the DSST Speech, DSST substance abuse, and CLEP A&I Literature.

After that, just the cornerstone and capstone course from Charter Oak, and I'll be a college Graduate!!!:coolgleam::roflol:
If you've ever taught CPR, trained your co workers, or have proof of toastmasters.....they might waive the speech class.....rack your brain and put in for a waiver.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
And congratulations on being so close!
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:If you've ever taught CPR, trained your co workers, or have proof of toastmasters.....they might waive the speech class.....rack your brain and put in for a waiver.

I'd rather just take the test. But thanks for helping me think outside the box!
rebel100 Wrote:If you've ever taught CPR, trained your co workers, or have proof of toastmasters.....they might waive the speech class.....rack your brain and put in for a waiver.

Do they really accept Toastmasters?
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
Congrats!!!!!!
I didn't think Substance Abuse was that difficult, and I hear A&I is a good one to take. Good Luck!
TESC BSBA
1A – Eng 101 & 102 SL – Business Communications SL – College Algebra ALEKS 73% - Intermediate Algebra ALEKS 74%
1B – Macro SL – Micro SL – Business Stats 80% ALEKS – Substance Abuse DSST 450 – Environment and Humanity DSST 55 – Intro to Psychology CLEP 56
1C – Intro to Religion DSST 445 – Ethics in America DSST 443 – Sociology CLEP 58
1D – Pre-Cal ALEKS 76% - Tech Writing DSST – I need to choose 4 more
2A – Business Law CLEP 57 – Intro to Comp DSST 443 – Principles of Financial Accounting SL – Managerial Accounting SL – Marketing CLEP – Principles of Finance DSST – Business Ethics and Society DSST – Strategic Management Capstone – Management CLEP 50
2B – Money and Banking DSST - Marketing need to choose one – MIS DSST 415 – Organizational Behavior DSST – Human Resource Management DSST
2C – Principles of Supervision DSST – Intro to Business CLEP – Business Law 2 DSST 49
2D – Personal Finance DSST 446 – HTYH DSST 435
chiquitacobbe Wrote:Do they really accept Toastmasters?
It's managed on a case by case bases...it seems if you can articulate a little real world experience, and verify it, you can have the requirement waived.
AS in EMS August 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So close! Need Help Denouden 6 872 03-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  AA Liberal Arts via CLEP only or close to it. spaceycowboy 5 871 08-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  AA from the big 3... am I close? lillingworth 25 2,313 03-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  So close I can feel yet so far deucess 0 360 10-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Last Post: deucess
  How Close Am I To Associates? Nerheim55 6 1,260 07-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Last Post: KayV
  Close to enrolling in TESC, but have a few questions, mainly about load. spare_liver 4 634 09-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Last Post: mrs.b
  Close to completing BA in Computer Science at TESC. Need some advice. beastmaster 3 721 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Last Post: beastmaster
  Close to Finishing Traditional College but... StarTorch 13 1,271 04-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Stitching Belle
  How Close Am I ?..............Degree Plan Help fuzzair 5 1,310 11-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Fully testing out (or close to) Mitchmcc 6 1,427 10-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Last Post: cookderosa