Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia Yearly Membership Bogo? Anyone want to split the cost?
(08-17-2020, 01:18 PM)rvm Wrote: I chatted with Sophia rep today to be sure I understood the subscription offer.  It's $149 if you have an account and were taking classes with before July 31st.  The $149 covers a year of classes and you get one subscription to "gift".  That gift subscription is valid for 6 months, not one year.  Most people here can knock out all the classes in 6 months of less so the 6 month restriction isn't a big deal.
The actual link for the offer is here: https://www.sophia.org/special-offer, but it’s pretty vague as far as terms & conditions go. I’d obviously take the word of a Sophia rep over the little information that the link gives, but I read it as though it’s truly BOGO for the whole year, & just the offer code expires after 6 months if not used.  I don’t know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Calstar's post:
  • TwinMom
(08-17-2020, 04:22 PM)Calstar Wrote: The actual link for the offer is here: https://www.sophia.org/special-offer, but it’s pretty vague as far as terms & conditions go. I’d obviously take the word of a Sophia rep over the little information that the link gives, but I read it as though it’s truly BOGO for the whole year, & just the offer code expires after 6 months if not used.  I don’t know.

I agree; that's how I read it as well. If it's only 6 months then that should be stated. 6 months is still generous but it does sound like it's a full year for both.
I agree the wording is vague so I wanted to have it clarified directly from Sophia.
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
(08-17-2020, 05:39 PM)rvm Wrote: I agree the wording is vague so I wanted to have it clarified directly from Sophia.

“ALMOST too good to be true!”

Still a great deal, but lol. I suppose the wording -IS- indeed too good to be true.  Thanks for digging that up.
(08-17-2020, 05:59 PM)Calstar Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 05:39 PM)rvm Wrote: I agree the wording is vague so I wanted to have it clarified directly from Sophia.

“ALMOST too good to be true!”

Still a great deal, but lol. I suppose the wording -IS- indeed too good to be true.  Thanks for digging that up.

You are welcome!

Except the 2 English Comp classes, these classes are easy enough to be done in a few days to a few weeks, depending on your previous knowledge and time commitment.
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
Anyone have that offer? I'll pay.
(08-18-2020, 05:14 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Anyone have that offer? I'll pay.

I’m about to, I’ll PM you.

Just for the thread & recent discussion clarification: I just purchased the year (hey, better than $79 monthly) & it IS one free year membership that comes with the purchase. The code is only valid for 6 months if not used. Here’s the exact email wording:

“Thank you for your Sophia membership. Here is a code to redeem a free membership.

Simply share this email with a loved one and they will get one free year of on demand access to Sophia’s entire catalog of ACE Credit-recommended courses to help them reach their educational goals. “

Just wanted to let everyone know!
[-] The following 3 users Like Calstar's post:
  • P226mem, rachel83az, rvm
(08-18-2020, 07:01 AM)Calstar Wrote:

Just for the thread & recent discussion clarification: I just purchased the year (hey, better than $79 monthly) & it IS one free year membership that comes with the purchase. The code is only valid for 6 months if not used. Here’s the exact email wording:

“Thank you for your Sophia membership. Here is a code to redeem a free membership.

Simply share this email with a loved one and they will get one free year of on demand access to Sophia’s entire catalog of ACE Credit-recommended courses to help them reach their educational goals. “

Can't send a pm it says you disabled getting pm's  Rolleyes
(08-18-2020, 07:49 AM)mgmar22 Wrote:

I think PM's are disabled by default when you sign up?
(08-18-2020, 08:13 AM)Johndmabryjr Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 07:49 AM)mgmar22 Wrote:

I think PM's are disabled by default when you sign up?

They are, who knew? I’ve just lurked here for 2 years & never needed it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 427 Today, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 886 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,085 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 114 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 502 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,435 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 743 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 994 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 257 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 991 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab