Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia Yearly Membership Bogo? Anyone want to split the cost?
(08-18-2020, 07:01 AM)Calstar Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 05:14 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Anyone have that offer? I'll pay.

I’m about to, I’ll PM you.

Just for the thread & recent discussion clarification: I just purchased the year (hey, better than $79 monthly) & it IS one free year membership that comes with the purchase. The code is only valid for 6 months if not used. Here’s the exact email wording:

“Thank you for your Sophia membership. Here is a code to redeem a free membership.

Simply share this email with a loved one and they will get one free year of on demand access to Sophia’s entire catalog of ACE Credit-recommended courses to help them reach their educational goals. “

Just wanted to let everyone know!

That's good to know. I always wonder if I'm getting accurate info whenever I contact any organization's customer service.
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
Is there anyone who has the gift portion of the special and is looking for someone to take it from you? I will be generous in the exchange. Or, if there is a person eligible for the $149 special and cannot afford it at this time please let me know. Thanks
(08-17-2020, 04:22 PM)Calstar Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 01:18 PM)rvm Wrote: I chatted with Sophia rep today to be sure I understood the subscription offer.  It's $149 if you have an account and were taking classes with before July 31st.  The $149 covers a year of classes and you get one subscription to "gift".  That gift subscription is valid for 6 months, not one year.  Most people here can knock out all the classes in 6 months of less so the 6 month restriction isn't a big deal.
The actual link for the offer is here: https://www.sophia.org/special-offer, but it’s pretty vague as far as terms & conditions go. I’d obviously take the word of a Sophia rep over the little information that the link gives, but I read it as though it’s truly BOGO for the whole year, & just the offer code expires after 6 months if not used.  I don’t know.

I spoke to a rep earlier today. After July 31, new learners with Sophia can only take advantage of the gift portion of the special.

(08-14-2020, 05:31 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I also have to code, if some one wants to split the amount and have paypal account, PM me.

Hey do you still have a gift code available? Thanks
Can someone please DM me a code for this? I have a friend who may want to do this for her kids.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
My daughter is eligible to sign up for the $149, so if someone wants to share it, I will have her sign up and split....or if someone has already paid and wants me to use the code and I can split it. Either way just message me and let me know.
I also have a code and would like to split.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
[-] The following 1 user Likes SweetsugarNL's post:
  • nomaduser
I'll have a code after the 21st but I can't do anything before that.
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
I'm still open to any offer. If you have the code, please contact me.
(08-17-2020, 01:18 PM)rvm Wrote: I chatted with Sophia rep today to be sure I understood the subscription offer.  It's $149 if you have an account and were taking classes with before July 31st.  The $149 covers a year of classes and you get one subscription to "gift".  That gift subscription is valid for 6 months, not one year.  Most people here can knock out all the classes in 6 months of less so the 6 month restriction isn't a big deal.

I just called and verified that I have access for a full year after signing up using a gift/promo code a few days ago.

You're right though, it shouldn't take more than a few months to finish the courses. I have already finished three courses and I'm planning to finish the rest over the next month or two.

(08-13-2020, 07:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 05:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Side note: This is for $149/year and you get 2 courses per month.  I don't think this is the deal where you can do two courses at a time and continue to do two more courses per month.  Has someone who has purchased confirmed it's in fact just two courses per month as I think someone mentioned it was different?  They only have about 24 courses, that's enough for the entire year and a total of 72 credits...

It says nothing about per month. The email I got says the following:

Quote:This new subscription is available to everyone for $79/month. But, as a thank-you, we want to extend an exciting offer:
  • You can enjoy an annual subscription for only $149, a savings of over $790 off our monthly subscription price.
  • With a Sophia membership, you get access to Sophia's entire catalog of ACE CREDIT-recommended courses—you can complete as many as you want in your subscription period, taking up to two at a time.
  • This exclusive annual membership offer is only available through August 31.

You are only limited to enrolling in two courses at any given time. You can enroll in another course as soon as you complete a course. I signed up a few days ago and completed three courses in less than 24 hours. It allowed me to sign up for two more right after that, and I'm halfway through my fourth course now.

I don't mind the limit, as I just focus on one course at a time and then move on to the next course when I'm done.

They also have an option to drop a selected course, but I haven't used it. It appears that you can add/drop courses whenever you want to free up one of the two enrollment slots.

I used a promo code for an annual membership, but even their regular monthly plan of $79/mo is by far the best value available in terms of $ per credit. If you do at least three courses per month, they're even cheaper than Saylor.org where you have to pay the $25 ProctorU fee per exam. Also, the Sophia.org tests are open book and don't require an obtrusive video proctor monitoring you.
I have signed up on 8/14/20 and have a code if anyone is interested in splitting the cost, PM me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tjstar's post:
  • nomaduser

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 400 2 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 873 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,904 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 105 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 492 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,428 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 738 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 256 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 981 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab