Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Texas College Free Semester
Oops !! Sorry , on these boards I tend to type fast. Sometimes my spelling or grammar aren’t perfect. I will definitely pay more mind considering a pet peeve of mine is spelling and grammar in formal email and letters
I was reading overview through the site of STC and it seem they do not take ACE credits, another thing the bachelor degree you need to take from them minimum of 24 UL credits you can not transfer to them, they said you need to have an associate degree to qualify to start the bachelor UL courses they accept CLEP and RA credits up to 90 credits. So if you can get at least all the UL courses from that you need using the CBE program is the best option.  what you guys think regarding this?

https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/ba...gies/#text

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
@gams007 - I think it's a good deal, many people have CLEP/RA credits that go past 90 credits and already hold an Associates degree. Many schools require residency, some go up to 50% or more credits, so being able to transfer in more than that and up to 75% of the program is a very good deal. This is a viable option for the CBE program you linked, it's a great way to use CBE. If you can take advantage of the free term, and take an extra term or two to finish, it'll be under $3K...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
Guys I call the school today and they told me that the classes are starting on the 23th and the lady who assist me if I took the CBE it will start on the 30th of august so if you guy's apply to the college you have to receive an acceptance first and then you need to apply for the scholarship to receive the $1700,- she told me that the exams are proctored and the most are multiple choice and not writing a bunch of assays, this is what I was looking for.
She told me to sent my transcript on time so they can check which course I can take, I ask if I can take some UL first and she said yes, but it depends some course has prerequisites before you they have to decide.

She if you apply today I have chance to start the CBE because it will take 2 to 5 business day to receive a student ID and approval.

In progress:
Completed:
I accepted!

Dear xx:
ID: xx

Once again, congratulations on being accepted to South Texas College!

STC is currently conducting registration for the upcoming semester, and we would like for you to register, too! Although you have submitted the ApplyTexas Application for Admissions and you have been accepted,you must provide additional documentation in order to register for classes, as follows:

TSI Assessment Placement Exam
High School Transcript

-------------------------------------------------

Well, according to the information listed on the website, https://ms.southtexascollege.edu/it/index.html#CNS-Cert
It should be TSI Exempt. I just send an email to make sure.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
When did you apply to STC? Interesting...I applied Thu, Aug 12, 10:31 PM (4 days ago) maybe I should too be getting an approval soon! TSI exemption is only for the certs, if that's what you're going for, great... The Associates/Bachelors are liable, which means, it's required...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Envious of all of you but I've got too much going on right now to take advantage of this offer. Good luck to you all!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • asianphd, MNomadic
(08-16-2021, 12:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: When did you apply to STC?  Interesting...I applied Thu, Aug 12, 10:31 PM (4 days ago) maybe I should too be getting an approval soon!   TSI exemption is only for the certs, if that's what you're going for, great...  The Associates/Bachelors are liable, which means, it's required...

Yes, I applied for the certs.
I applied at ApplyTexas Aug 14, 2021, 3:16 AM (GMT +7) and I received an email with the subject 'South Texas College Missing Information Notification' asking for TSI and HS Transcript Aug 16, 2021, 7:07 PM (GMT +7). 

The CBE programs are interesting. If I don't have any enrollment on other universities at the moment, probably I will enroll for the Bachelor of Applied Technology in Computer and Information Technologies. The out-of-state tuition is $1500 for 7 weeks, a little bit expensive than UMPI, but STC offers more diverse options!
In Progress:
Completed:
(08-16-2021, 12:42 PM)asianphd Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 12:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: When did you apply to STC?  Interesting...I applied Thu, Aug 12, 10:31 PM (4 days ago) maybe I should too be getting an approval soon!   TSI exemption is only for the certs, if that's what you're going for, great...  The Associates/Bachelors are liable, which means, it's required...

Yes, I applied for the certs.
I applied at ApplyTexas Aug 14, 2021, 3:16 AM (GMT +7) and I received an email with the subject 'South Texas College Missing Information Notification' asking for TSI and HS Transcript Aug 16, 2021, 7:07 PM (GMT +7). 

The CBE programs are interesting. If I don't have any enrollment on other universities at the moment, probably I will enroll for the Bachelor of Applied Technology in Computer and Information Technologies. The out-of-state tuition is $1500 for 7 weeks, a little bit expensive than UMPI, but STC offers more diverse options!
I applied, im just waiting remember to send your transcript to the college fast is what they told me to see which courses you can do fast.
I want to take advantage of the offer and the CBE start it 2 weeks I will have to chance to join..

In progress:
Completed:
(08-16-2021, 12:58 PM)gams007 Wrote: I applied, im just waiting remember to send your transcript to the college fast is what they told me to see which courses you can do fast.
I want to take advantage of the offer and the CBE start it 2 weeks I will have to chance to join..

Yeah, I also want to take the CBE. I'm an international student, not sure how should I send the transcript. Waiting for their reply.
In Progress:
Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 2,914 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 18 4,020 04-13-2024, 03:50 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,205 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,534 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 660 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,796 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,099 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,822 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,222 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 586 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM