Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting back up
It would cost a little bit more but I would suggest Principles of Finance at Sophia and then Business 120: International Business at Study.com. Those would be easier than two UL exams at Davar.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I've never taken classes outside of SL, SDC, and one PF class.  Can you or bjcheung77 give a breakdown of how Sophia and Davar compare.  I liked the simplicity of SL; take quizzes  and make 100s on them and then not really even need to pass the final.  As for the SDC class I took, it's been so long I'm not sure how their grading system was or if I even needed to pass the final, if it was open book or not.
Davar: Everything rides on one exam. I think that there are a couple of Davar courses that require papers but the exam is still weighted more heavily (IIRC). Your choice of ProctorU or RPNow.

Sophia: You've got quizzes (Challenges) and exams (Milestones) but everything is open book. IIRC, Principles of Finance is one of the more challenging ones but it's not super difficult either. With the challenges, you get 3 tries to get each question right, it's usually pretty easy to get 100% on the challenges. For Principles of Finance, if you get all Challenges correct then you only need to get about 65% on the Milestones (again, it's all open book) to pass. Sophia is easiest if you have two screens to work from: one for the PDF(s) and one for Sophia.

Study.com: In order to pass a course, you need to get 210 points out of 300. For the Business 120 course, 100 points are given to the quizzes and 200 points to the final exam. You need to get 100% on each quiz within the first 3 attempts (easy to do). So you need about 55% on the exam (which is proctored via RPNow and closed-book) to pass.

There is also the UL Business 308 that would work for the Business & Society requirement. This one gives 100 points each to quizzes, the exam, and assignments. There are 2 assignments for Business 308. Assignment 1 is a 1500-2000 word business case study. Assignment 2 is a 1500-2000 word business proposal. If you got 100% on the quizzes and 80% average on the two assignments, you would only need 31% on the exam to pass.

The LL exams at SDC are generally easier than the UL ones. But if you prefer writing papers then you might prefer the UL one instead.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If you want a snapshot of a degree plan, read this post and the link from Jan 2021, all the required course recommendations are there, take the exact courses as per the post - least amount of written assignments/essays. In other words, it's cheapest/easiest/fastest to select these courses over Study.com or another provider. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid336902

You should do a mix of both Sophia.org and Davar, skipping Study.com unless you need a course that is not offered at Davar or Sophia.org, from looking at the excel spreadsheet above, you can complete the remaining courses using these recommended providers. It's up to you though which provider to select from, here's a breakdown of what is required.

Davar for Upper Level: They use Powerpoint presentations or slides, you just go through the entire package of materials they give you and test on that, there are no textbooks you need, even though some courses they recommend you go through a textbook, everything is on 1 test - just pass this test with a 70% or higher and you're done, some have short answer questions also, just 3-4 sentences in addition to the multiple choice and the exam is completed. For business courses, it's $99 for 2, and $15/each exam proctor with RPnow, So select RPNow as proctor!

Sophia.org for Lower Level: They use biometric technology for proctoring, no webcam use. Everything is open book, it's pretty similar to SL/Study.com, you need 70% to pass, each course basically is quizzes, exams, and assignments (if the course has assignments). I highly recommend them now for Lower Level, bypassing StraighterLine altogether. Sophia is $79/month, unlimited courses; however, you can only take 2 courses at a time, if you finish quickly, keep adding courses!

This is what I would recommend to finish off your degree, as per the template I created, mainly for individuals who do not like assignments/writing.
Basically, you want to email academic advising asking if these courses would work for your plan just to make sure before proceeding on this route.

Principles of Finance Sophia
International Management Davar
Project Management Sophia

Principles of Sales (UL) Davar
Corporate Finance (UL) Davar
International Finance (UL) Davar
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So got word back I have to enroll in a course to have those evaluated as without being enrolled you only get 2 free evaluations and I had received those although I’m pretty sure I was enrolled in a class then that I didn’t take the exam for. So I’m going to enroll in medical terminology and go from there. Will keep you guys updated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  back to school bassel75 1 291 11-01-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU ranked 14th in the nation for starting salary after bachelor's degree jch 14 2,071 10-30-2022, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Next steps - getting back into it humbleAMG 2 611 06-08-2022, 02:06 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from (almost) scratch-TESU BSBA Marketing dotdot 6 826 05-29-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  LIB-495 Questions - Starting Feb Tlm 1 557 01-18-2021, 12:27 PM
Last Post: P226mem
  Starting UL TESU will these SDC classes fulfill? Cammilynn 7 1,193 07-24-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Cammilynn
  Just got my eval back from TESU. What now? zebra cow 27 3,875 12-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Last Post: zebra cow
  Likelihood of a capstone mentor doing 2 terms back to back? suzycupcake 6 1,441 10-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Finally Trying to Get back on Track, a little Overwhelmed. SaebScholar 11 2,503 09-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU BSBA Accounting -International Student back to college for US Degree Equivalency contactuj 20 3,087 05-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: akr680