Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline - COM101 Intro to Communications
(05-25-2018, 12:11 PM)teacher2 Wrote: I felt there scoring was pretty fair maybe even generous! My scores on the speeches were in the upper 90s I think the last one I got a 97? If you write them out well and even “act” pretty good you should pass them on the first submission!

Thank you very much!  I'm still waiting on my first score, but it could be because it is a holiday weekend.  I think I'll do fine, but I have been dreading this class.  LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes coastermom's post:
  • teacher2
Teacher2 - I received a 98 on each assignment. I am glad this class is over!
[-] The following 1 user Likes coastermom's post:
  • abs_co
Way to go coastermom on that score! Congrats on finishing the class!
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

[-] The following 1 user Likes teacher2's post:
  • coastermom
How does the recording part work? Can you record it in your own time, re-record it, etc? I know for the DSST exam, you get 10 minutes to write the speech and 5 minutes to record it. How does SL do it? Thanks!
The hardest part for me was the actual recording. (I'm really bad at video-related technology.) But yes, you can record and re-record. That's one of the great advantages over something like the DSST exam -- you're not put on the spot.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
Weird question, but do you have to stand when doing the recorded speeches?
I didn't stand for any of them.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Curious, how long did it take for them to grade your speeches? I realize it can vary, but was curious on a general time frame.

My subscription may expire before my speeches are graded. All exams have already been completed.
(06-16-2018, 10:15 AM)VanillaBean Wrote: Curious, how long did it take for them to grade your speeches?  I realize it can vary, but was curious on a general time frame.

My subscription may expire before my speeches are graded.  All exams have already been completed.

I did the Study.com course and recorded all three of my speeches on Saturday nights and they all got graded by the next Wednesday, so I'm guessing 2-3 business days?

EDIT: Just realized this thread was for straighterline comm 101, not Study.com comm 101. Oops Tongue You can disregard what I said above.
BSBA:CIS & ASNSM:CS from TESU - June 2018 Graduation

CLEP: A&I Lit., Intro Sociology, Biology, Western Civ. I & II, US History I & II, American Government, Intro Psychology, Macroecon., Microecon., Princ. of Management, Princ. of Marketing, Intro Business Law, Financial Accounting
DSST: Ethics in America, Intro to World Religions, Computing and Information Systems, Princ. of Finance, Management Information Systems
CollegePlus: Comparative Worldviews, Social Justice
Lumerit: English Comp. I & II, Intro to Business
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Intro to Stats
Saylor: Corporate Communications
TECEP: Managerial Accounting. Business in Society, Network Technology
Study.com: Comm 101, Digital Marketing and Advertising
Straighterline: Intro to Programming C++
CSU-Global CBE: Information Systems Analysis and Design
TESU: BUS-421
Thank you so much for this information! I've been stressing out over the oral com. for TESU and I really did not want to take the DSST. This is 100% the answer I was looking for haha thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 94 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 369 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  SDC or Sophia - Managerial Communications Dosada 2 420 11-21-2023, 01:09 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 666 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,122 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore