Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Computer Science Course Equivalency
I had my computer science courses from my eval posted from Study.com. Here is what they came as:

C Programming -> COS-116
Computer Arcihtecture -> COS-330
Intro to Operating Sytems -> COS-240
Discrete Math -> MAT-270
System Analysis and Design I -> CIS-320
Database Managment -> CIS-311

I only need 2 courses for this degree again.

Oh an Calculus, I'm 80% done with Calc so close!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • jsh1138
Thanks, much appreciated!
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Thanks for posting. Best of luck with finishing the last few courses.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Thanks for the updates! I have a few of those done already, still a few more to go for me...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Saw you mentioned:

"C Programming -> COS-116
Computer Arcihtecture -> COS-330
Intro to Operating Sytems -> COS-240
Discrete Math -> MAT-270
System Analysis and Design I -> CIS-320
Database Managment -> CIS-311

I only need 2 courses for this degree again."

Questions:

1) What did you do for the data strucs requirement, operating systems (study.com has 2 of them), and the 2 remaining upper levels for the 15 upper level CS courses requirement?

2) Is is true btw that DSST MIS, TEEX, and Saylor MIS no longer count for UL courses for the BA in CS?

3) I think the only options left after that are DSST Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, and something else. What are the best options after taking these 3 UL courses through study.com?

4) I did take linear algebra at a 4 year university – would that count that as it used to under the old CS bulletin?

5) How hard/easy were study.com's 3 upper level courses? How quickly could one do them for a pass?
(12-18-2018, 03:56 PM)KittenMittens Wrote: 1) What did you do for the data strucs requirement, operating systems (study.com has 2 of them), and the 2 remaining upper levels for the 15 upper level CS courses requirement?

Most folks end up taking these at a local CC or via an online college course (like direct from TESU). Study.com is working on a course, but who knows when (or if) it will be ready.

(12-18-2018, 03:56 PM)KittenMittens Wrote: 2) Is is true btw that DSST MIS, TEEX, and Saylor MIS no longer count for UL courses for the BA in CS?

Yes. TESU doesn't accept LL ACE recommended courses as UL any longer.

(12-18-2018, 03:56 PM)KittenMittens Wrote: 3) I think the only options left after that are DSST Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, and something else. What are the best options after taking these 3 UL courses through study.com?

I mentioned alternatives in the other thread. These include the Study.com MIS course and their Digital Marketing course.

(12-18-2018, 03:56 PM)KittenMittens Wrote: 5) How hard/easy were study.com's 3 upper level courses? How quickly could one do them for a pass?

The Computer Architecture course seems the toughest, though I don't think any of them are that tough, it depends on your familiarity with the subject going into the course. The project for Systems Analysis is a pain in the butt, but the one for Database Management is very straightforward.

Personally, I got through Systems Analysis, Database Management, Digital Marketing, and the Programming in C course in like 2-3 weeks and scored in the upper 90s on each, but I have more than 20 years of hands-on software engineering experience. I haven't taken the Operating Systems or Computer Architecture courses yet so I can't add my feedback there.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • camjenks, KittenMittens
I’m trying to plan and budget my program. I’ve not signed up and taken any study.com courses yet. Knowing that everyone is different Does anyone have experience with their computer science courses ? If I were to spend 2-3 hours per day on the courses what is a reasonable expectation of time to complete per course? Which ones did you find the easiest and most difficult. Just trying to get an idea on timeline. Thanks.
(12-20-2020, 11:29 AM)Pats20 Wrote: I’m trying to plan and budget my program. I’ve not signed up and taken any study.com courses yet. Knowing that everyone is different Does anyone have experience with their computer science courses ? If I were to spend 2-3 hours per day on the courses what is a reasonable expectation of time to complete per course? Which ones did you find the easiest and most difficult. Just trying to get an idea on timeline. Thanks.

It really depends a lot. Most CS lessons are about 5 minutes long and there are around 100-120 lessons in a course. You may also need to go over stuff more than once. So you should figure at least a combined total of 8+ hours to watch all the lessons and answer the quizzes.

Plus, there are various assignments that are needed. You can probably get through a course in about a week of 2-3 hours per day, once the assignments are figured in.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Okay. Great. Thanks. Gonna get through holidays. And Hopefully start Jan 2
I remember conversation about test and assessment grading. Do they still grade ur exam even though u didnt submit assignment? Or must u do both in 1 months together?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 703 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,276 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,583 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,074 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 356 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 727 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 357 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,024 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,893 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 580 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle