Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Study.com Database Management Final Project FYI
Do we need to provide the screen shots that included whole browser? or just the sections that show tables? Can we use arrow or circle to indicate the steps? Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes richland's post:
  • Dorothy44
I captured mine then put in Gimp to cut it down to show just the area inside the browser window. I didn't draw any circles or arrows but I'm sure you can do that if you wanted to.

BTW I got mine back and most had 100% points but on prompt 11 they marked some off because I decided to put both tables together to make it fit on one screen for one screen shot. They marked the points off because there were NULL values showing in the table and they thought this was wrong. It was perfectly correct for the SQL I used to combine the tables. Heck it's right in the lesson itself that that would be the result of a full outer join which, BTW, is not available with MySQL so if you want to do it, you have to get creative with other commands, which is what I did AND I made a note of it on my project. I think the people that grade these don't understand what is being worked with. They just go off of a sheet that's provided to them, that would be my guess anyway. Well I got a 94 on the project and 89 in the class overall so I don't care. It's well above a passing grade and I'm moving on!
[-] The following 2 users Like fork's post:
  • Dorothy44, richland
(06-14-2018, 08:14 AM)fork Wrote: I captured mine then put in Gimp to cut it down to show just the area inside the browser window. I didn't draw any circles or arrows but I'm sure you can do that if you wanted to.

BTW I got mine back and most had 100% points but on prompt 11 they marked some off because I decided to put both tables together to make it fit on one screen for one screen shot. They marked the points off because there were NULL values showing in the table and they thought this was wrong. It was perfectly correct for the SQL I used to combine the tables. Heck it's right in the lesson itself that that would be the result of a full outer join which, BTW, is not available with MySQL so if you want to do it, you have to get creative with other commands, which is what I did AND I made a note of it on my project. I think the people that grade these don't understand what is being worked with. They just go off of a sheet that's provided to them, that would be my guess anyway. Well I got a 94 on the project and 89 in the class overall so I don't care. It's well above a passing grade and I'm moving on!

Thank you! This is very helpful. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes richland's post:
  • Dorothy44
I got my score back, I thought I was failed for the first try of the project, surprisedly I score 93. I only submitted result tables for each prompt not step by step, and they took some points off on prompt 3 because I didn't show complete tables. Fork was right about the final, it's a curve ball, which I didn't do well. I passed it with total score of 80. I am happy with that, keep moving on for the next challenging courses. Thanks y'all!
[-] The following 2 users Like richland's post:
  • Dorothy44, fork
I know this is an old thread, but I just submitted this assignment. I took plenty of screen captures(hopefully). Will update if there's any odd grading going on, though I only need 30% to get my pass and move on(100% on quizzes & 80% on final).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • doom, Dorothy44
I wish I'd seen this post before I did my assignment. The course still has the same kind of issues. Even a couple of years later. I got something like 80/100 on the assignment because it is worded vaguely. But that's "good enough" so I didn't bother to try to redo it at all.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • doom, Dorothy44
May I ask you if graders were nit-picky regarding alphanumeric data types? Did you use all VARCHARs or CHARs too?
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
[-] The following 1 user Likes doom's post:
  • Dorothy44
Okay, I just opened the feedback (which I hadn't done before) and I actually got 87/100.  I followed the steps EXACTLY as I saw them written. I got 9/10 on 4, 5/10 on 5, 5/10 on 7 and 8/10 on 8. The actual feedback I received is:

Quote:Grader Notes:
  • Good job on this assignment... just a few updates needed.
  • For Prompt 4, I would chose a different index, e.g., pid so we can keep the indexes straight.
  • Please show the SQL statements for Prompt 5 as well; the result is correct, we just need the SQL (full statements please)
  • The same is true for #7
  • On Prompt 8, what could go wrong if we left it as-is? What integrity issues does this pose?

So I didn't get dinged for CHAR vs. VARCHAR but I did get dinged for not showing the SQL statement AND the table. I honestly can't remember if I used CHAR or VARCHAR either.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44
(01-05-2021, 06:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Okay, I just opened the feedback (which I hadn't done before) and I actually got 87/100.  I followed the steps EXACTLY as I saw them written. I got 9/10 on 4, 5/10 on 5, 5/10 on 7 and 8/10 on 8. The actual feedback I received is:

Quote:Grader Notes:
  • Good job on this assignment... just a few updates needed.
  • For Prompt 4, I would chose a different index, e.g., pid so we can keep the indexes straight.
  • Please show the SQL statements for Prompt 5 as well; the result is correct, we just need the SQL (full statements please)
  • The same is true for #7
  • On Prompt 8, what could go wrong if we left it as-is? What integrity issues does this pose?

So I didn't get dinged for CHAR vs. VARCHAR but I did get dinged for not showing the SQL statement AND the table. I honestly can't remember if I used CHAR or VARCHAR either.

Thanks for sharing, I had initially followed the steps exactly as you did, but after reading this thread I think I will enrich the content a little bit... Undecided
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
[-] The following 1 user Likes doom's post:
  • Dorothy44
(01-04-2021, 11:39 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I know this is an old thread, but I just submitted this assignment. I took plenty of screen captures(hopefully). Will update if there's any odd grading going on, though I only need 30% to get my pass and move on(100% on quizzes & 80% on final).

Wow that was quick grading! I just got it back with a 97/100. I basically just sent multiple screen captures of intermediate steps and multiple tables to ensure I sent more than enough. Prompt 11, I modified my input from what the assignment asks and it worked.

For me, the hardest part was somehow I messed up installing MySQL, and then when I uninstalled and reinstalled, it wasn't working right. I figured it out in the end.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • Dorothy44, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,369 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,600 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,511 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 308 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 335 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle