Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Database Management Final Project FYI
Do we need to provide the screen shots that included whole browser? or just the sections that show tables? Can we use arrow or circle to indicate the steps? Thanks!
I captured mine then put in Gimp to cut it down to show just the area inside the browser window. I didn't draw any circles or arrows but I'm sure you can do that if you wanted to.

BTW I got mine back and most had 100% points but on prompt 11 they marked some off because I decided to put both tables together to make it fit on one screen for one screen shot. They marked the points off because there were NULL values showing in the table and they thought this was wrong. It was perfectly correct for the SQL I used to combine the tables. Heck it's right in the lesson itself that that would be the result of a full outer join which, BTW, is not available with MySQL so if you want to do it, you have to get creative with other commands, which is what I did AND I made a note of it on my project. I think the people that grade these don't understand what is being worked with. They just go off of a sheet that's provided to them, that would be my guess anyway. Well I got a 94 on the project and 89 in the class overall so I don't care. It's well above a passing grade and I'm moving on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes fork's post:
  • richland
(06-14-2018, 08:14 AM)fork Wrote: I captured mine then put in Gimp to cut it down to show just the area inside the browser window. I didn't draw any circles or arrows but I'm sure you can do that if you wanted to.

BTW I got mine back and most had 100% points but on prompt 11 they marked some off because I decided to put both tables together to make it fit on one screen for one screen shot. They marked the points off because there were NULL values showing in the table and they thought this was wrong. It was perfectly correct for the SQL I used to combine the tables. Heck it's right in the lesson itself that that would be the result of a full outer join which, BTW, is not available with MySQL so if you want to do it, you have to get creative with other commands, which is what I did AND I made a note of it on my project. I think the people that grade these don't understand what is being worked with. They just go off of a sheet that's provided to them, that would be my guess anyway. Well I got a 94 on the project and 89 in the class overall so I don't care. It's well above a passing grade and I'm moving on!

Thank you! This is very helpful. Smile
I got my score back, I thought I was failed for the first try of the project, surprisedly I score 93. I only submitted result tables for each prompt not step by step, and they took some points off on prompt 3 because I didn't show complete tables. Fork was right about the final, it's a curve ball, which I didn't do well. I passed it with total score of 80. I am happy with that, keep moving on for the next challenging courses. Thanks y'all!
[-] The following 1 user Likes richland's post:
  • fork

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any Study.com Discounts? Jenna.C 5 196 11-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Study.com Quizzes - 4/5? Mab81 4 113 11-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Study.com New CS Courses etirflita 93 3,952 11-14-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Shortest Study.com Courses natshar 10 244 11-14-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: JoshDosMil
  Study.com Computer Science 305: Operating Systems armstrongsubero 9 163 11-13-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info MrsBulletPoints 22 897 11-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Study.com - What does 'Optional' mean on quizzes? Mab81 6 253 11-11-2018, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Study.com Gen Ed Plan katelynn 8 262 11-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  Study.com contact info for issue icampy 16 1,141 11-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: tobyisking
  How hard are Study.com Finals? mysonx3 10 663 11-09-2018, 09:05 AM
Last Post: zzzz24