Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Guardian Scholarship
masrat858 Wrote:I got in today as well; I'm quite excited.

Say, would anyone please be able to confirm whether or not if it's required to earn 70% on the proctored final in order to transfer credit?

When you finish the quizzes, it now tells you exactly what % grade you need on the final exam to pass the course.
dfrecore Wrote:Don't bother with getting credits towards a second degree (at TESU anyway). You can't start earning credits until after your degree is conferred. Not just earned, but conferred. Anything gotten between when you apply for graduation and conferral date will not count towards that second degree.

If you want a dual degree, that's a good option. If you want a second degree at another school, then it's probably a good option as well (although COSC doesn't accept anything from Study.com as UL if I remember correctly).

That seems strange. Why is that?
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
I got in! It sent to an email I don't check normally so I missed a few days of it but I wrapped the Personal Finance class up in about two days and then realized I needed an actual laptop instead of a chromebook to proctor out.

I'm excited about it! Not sure what my next 5 classes should be though. All I have done so far is College & Intermediate Algebra & Ethics. Ideas? I have a good spreadsheet that I'm working off but I don't have a lot of extra time in my schedule right now. What are the quickest classes at study.com?
If you're going for BSBA: general/marketing, I can recommend digital marketing and advertising, it comes in under AOS. It's interesting and pretty quick, although there is a power point research project you have to submit for the class as well(you demonstrate a concept you learned with research to back it up).

If you like history, History of Vietnam war was pretty quick. Took me about 3 days of full time study. You will have to memorize lots of terms and people you've never heard of before. Don't do this course if you don't find it interesting, you'll have a hard time.

Principles of finance was also a decent class(no assignments, just quizzes and the exam). However, it is principles of finance, so this one took me about 3 weeks of study before I felt ready to take the test. I recommend it though, since it is cheaper and more straightforward than other sources.

I would NOT recommend taking Business 308(use DSST or TECEP for this course). It requires 4 case study style APA research papers, it will waste your precious time.
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
Cool. I'll dive in to Principals of Finance, Digital Marketing, and Vietnam War.

Where does Vietnam War fit in the chart? Gen ed electives?
Oooh! I just got the scholarship, too! I'm so very grateful for the opportunity, as we're on a super tight budget here!! Also grateful for discovering this board, as I'd have never heard about the scholarship otherwise!! *Like* to all of you!! Big Grin
inkleind Wrote:Cool. I'll dive in to Principals of Finance, Digital Marketing, and Vietnam War.

Where does Vietnam War fit in the chart? Gen ed electives?

Always depends on what your degree is, and what school. For a BSBA at TESU, Vietnam War is a SocSci course, so Knowledge of Human Cultures, Gen Ed Elective, or Free Elective (in that order).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Do you have to take the final for Personal finance or can I not use one of my 2 tests a month if I complete the course? Anyone know thank you
clep_master Wrote:Do you have to take the final for Personal finance or can I not use one of my 2 tests a month if I complete the course? Anyone know thank you

You have to take the final. You have to complete the course to move on.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
clep_master Wrote:Do you have to take the final for Personal finance or can I not use one of my 2 tests a month if I complete the course? Anyone know thank you

Yes, and do so before you take anything else (as per the email you should have received from Guardian)
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,364 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 607 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 684 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM