Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Placement exam
Just wanted to give everybody a heads up that Study.com has placement exams on some of the courses they offer. I took one last night on Business 109: Intro to computing and progressed my course work by 5% just by taking a 30 question quiz. This can definitely save some time if you have prior knowledge of a subject. Thank you study.com!
We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our new placement exams. Just to let everyone know, this is currently a beta feature only available to a small sample of users. So if you can't find them, that's why! We are hoping to roll out placement exams to more users soon though, so stay tuned Smile.

Please feel free to pass along any feedback you have on the feature as well!

- Study.com
I guess I'm one of the small sample of users! Love these placement exams! I took one before starting the HRM course and I had already finished the course for 35%! Love it!

Just a question, since we don't have to take the lesson quizzes anymore, how does that factor in for the 50 points we can earn for the end result?
Goal: BA/BS in Psychology

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
l8989v Wrote:Just a question, since we don't have to take the lesson quizzes anymore, how does that factor in for the 50 points we can earn for the end result?

Great question! Any lesson and corresponding quiz you test out of will automatically count towards your participation score. We hope you keep enjoying placement tests!

-Study.com
Are these available to everyone yet? And if so which courses currently have placement exams?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Are these available to everyone yet? And if so which courses currently have placement exams?

I have only been able to take the placement test on like two or three courses. None of the others have had the option. The only one I specifically remember was Earth Science having the placement. I know there were one or two more but I can't remember what they were. I've probably "started" about twenty courses on Study so the percentage of available placement exams in my experience is pretty small.
Here is a list of all of the courses with placement tests: https://study.com/academy/about/placement-tests.html

It's pretty cool. I've only answered 13 questions on the Business 104 placement exam and already i'm 13% through the course! There are 30 questions in all and you can stop and come back to the exam at any time... just like an ALEKS assessment
Study, what is the maximum percentage that one could place out of a course? Could someone who really knows a topic well be able to test all of the way out of a course?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Btaylor89 Wrote:Here is a list of all of the courses with placement tests: https://study.com/academy/about/placement-tests.html

It's pretty cool. I've only answered 13 questions on the Business 104 placement exam and already i'm 13% through the course! There are 30 questions in all and you can stop and come back to the exam at any time... just like an ALEKS assessment

I never noticed this page before - thank you very much!
KayV Wrote:Study, what is the maximum percentage that one could place out of a course? Could someone who really knows a topic well be able to test all of the way out of a course?

The study.com placement test page that Btaylor89 just posted a link to says that you can earn up to 100% course progress through it. So supposedly all of it except the final.
But it also says at the bottom that you have to take multiple placement tests to do that because each one only covers a portion of the whole course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,298 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,473 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,634 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle