Poll: Should the current quiz grade show up?
This poll is closed.
No it's not vital information
4.55%
1 4.55%
Yes this should be changed right away
95.45%
21 95.45%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Quiz grading policy unclear and needs to be changed!
Deal breaker. Every regionally accredited college course is held to a rubric grading system that is disclosed to the student in the course syllabus on day 1 and that the instructor must follow. There are no guessing games. It's not being petty - it's a minimum level of expectation.

I wouldn't give Study.com a penny.
I didn't even realize you only got 3 attempts. Thought you were allowed unlimited tries.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:I didn't even realize you only got 3 attempts. Thought you were allowed unlimited tries.

That's the change that was made on 1/10 that were discussing
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I legit just wanna hurry up and get my UL credits finished so I can be done with this before they make anymore sudden changes. All I'm getting is a headache out of it.
I wouldn't be to sure about that 1/10 100% participation credit being given. I took my Macroeconomics course and finished everything but the test prior to 1/10 so In theory I should have had the full 50 points from it. I got a 69 on the final so I should have had a total of 119 points. Now 119/150 = 79.33%. My dashboard is only giving me a 76% for the course. No I guess when they reviewed my test I could have lost some points but I don't see how. Honestly don't really care about this for this course I was just happy to get it over with. I am not a fan of Economics at all and they are both done thankfully. Just though I would toss this out there.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
cookderosa Wrote:Deal breaker. Every regionally accredited college course is held to a rubric grading system that is disclosed to the student in the course syllabus on day 1 and that the instructor must follow. There are no guessing games. It's not being petty - it's a minimum level of expectation.

I wouldn't give Study.com a penny.

I agree, I think the right thing for study.com to do would be to at the very least post-pone this change for a month or so for all the current courses, that way people can finish what they already started the way they expected it to be when they payed and started on day 1. If ACE is making them do the change for the new courses then fine but don't immediately make it apply to the old courses that people have already started. I don't think they are going to do this though, it sounds like they are saying "deal with it"
gremlinbrawler Wrote:I agree, I think the right thing for study.com to do would be to at the very least post-pone this change for a month or so for all the current courses, that way people can finish what they already started the way they expected it to be when they payed and started on day 1. If ACE is making them do the change for the new courses then fine but don't immediately make it apply to the old courses that people have already started. I don't think they are going to do this though, it sounds like they are saying "deal with it"

ACE accredits a program for a specified term, they don't make changes mid stream unless it's to revoke a program that is somehow violating the original terms. This is a Study.com change. That isn't to say I couldn't see it being "required" on the next ACE renewal, they have been increasing their stringency requirements and it could be precautionary, but a delay is in order. They clearly were not ready, don't have the tools (like the ability to see your grade) and didn't communicate it well.
It is pretty bizarre. If you bought your membership on 1/9, then the requirements were changed on 1/10, then they have essentially changed the terms of your contract with them without notice. I'm a big fan of Study.com, but this is pretty egregious. It was also completely avoidable had Study.com.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Study.com - Thanks for the feedback. So what if we attempted a quiz before 1/10/17 and got less than 100%? Say 40%. Will the system remember that we took it before and allow us to take it three additional times?

Since you completed the quiz before 1/10/17, we have given you a 100% grade for that quiz. So there is no need to take it additional times for it to count toward your grade.

-The Study.com Team
Study.com Wrote:Since you completed the quiz before 1/10/17, we have given you a 100% grade for that quiz. So there is no need to take it additional times for it to count toward your grade.

-The Study.com Team

So any quiz that I took before 1/10/17 should show up as 100%?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,321 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,478 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,675 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 601 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM