Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Written Projects - Where are Grades Displayed?
My son submitted his first essay a week ago and isn't seeing a grade anywhere - he didn't get an email, but he also never got emails with his final exam grades for other courses as some people have, so that doesn't mean much. It's possible it hasn't been graded yet, but it would be good to know where to look on his dashboard for the grade once it's in. He has 4 essays for this course and wants to wait to get his grade back on the first before submitting the next one.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:My son submitted his first essay a week ago and isn't seeing a grade anywhere - he didn't get an email, but he also never got emails with his final exam grades for other courses as some people have, so that doesn't mean much. It's possible it hasn't been graded yet, but it would be good to know where to look on his dashboard for the grade once it's in. He has 4 essays for this course and wants to wait to get his grade back on the first before submitting the next one.

I got an e-mail confirming my submission and then like a day or two later I got another e-mail with the attached rubric, my grade and feedback from the grader. I don't see any grades for it in dashboard either. This is something I have recommended Study.com do and display grades for each class and each part of the class.

I would submit a "ticket" and have them look into it. You should have gotten the grade by now. Also if they are all done have him submit them all, worst case is he doesn't do very well he can edit them with the graders feedback and send them back in for a better grade.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:I got an e-mail confirming my submission and then like a day or two later I got another e-mail with the attached rubric, my grade and feedback from the grader. I don't see any grades for it in dashboard either. This is something I have recommended Study.com do and display grades for each class and each part of the class.

I would submit a "ticket" and have them look into it. You should have gotten the grade by now. Also if they are all done have him submit them all, worst case is he doesn't do very well he can edit them with the graders feedback and send them back in for a better grade.

Hrm, he never got an email confirmation of the submission either. Thanks, I'll put in a ticket.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:Hrm, he never got an email confirmation of the submission either. Thanks, I'll put in a ticket.

How did he submit the essay? you have to use the link on the bottom of the page "please fill out this submission form and attach your case studies as Microsoft Word, PDF, or Text documents"

Likely just a glitch on their end and they didn't receive it correctly. I'd have him submit them all 1 by 1 and see what happens, like I said he can go back and edit them for a better grade if needed.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:How did he submit the essay? you have to use the link on the bottom of the page "please fill out this submission form and attach your case studies as Microsoft Word, PDF, or Text documents"

Likely just a glitch on their end and they didn't receive it correctly. I'd have him submit them all 1 by 1 and see what happens, like I said he can go back and edit them for a better grade if needed.

He did the "ask the experts" link on the site and they replied immediately - within an hour they emailed his grade and the rubric. He's submitting essay 2 and resubmitting essay 1 today (not much to fix on that one). The 3rd and 4th essays are beasts and will take him a few days to tackle.

rowan555 Wrote:He did the "ask the experts" link on the site and they replied immediately - within an hour they emailed his grade and the rubric. He's submitting essay 2 and resubmitting essay 1 today (not much to fix on that one). The 3rd and 4th essays are beasts and will take him a few days to tackle.

Awesome Glad To Hear, Which Class is he doing 4 essays for? I have a course coming up that will require 4 and I'm dreading it!

Synicaal Wrote:Awesome Glad To Hear, Which Class is he doing 4 essays for? I have a course coming up that will require 4 and I'm dreading it!

Business 308 - Global Business (actual name is longer, but I don't know the full title)

rowan555 Wrote:Business 308 - Global Business (actual name is longer, but I don't know the full title)

Business 308: Globalization & International Management ?? Yeah that's the one I'm dreading, I should have started it two days ago but I am slacking.

Synicaal Wrote:Business 308: Globalization & International Management ?? Yeah that's the one I'm dreading, I should have started it two days ago but I am slacking.

The first two papers are similar and not too bad - I looked at the third and it really looks dreadful. I imagine you'll do great on all of them, though. I have a masters in criminology - this stuff is not my thing at all and I'm really glad I'm not the one doing these papers!

He scored 21/24 on essay one, btw - not too shabby considering his limited paper-writing experience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,686 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM