Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com and ProctorU Questions
I wonder if SDC, SL or OnlineDegree.com, etc., allow extra time for testing for students with disabilities?  Having dyslexia and some memory issues allowed to me get extra time on tests in online college courses.  The ADA's rules also afforded me scrap paper, on which I wrote down each individual question, as needed when I took some CBEs.  I had an in-person proctor for those events so they could clearly see I was not cheating.  Since the webcam records the actions in the room, seems like this would not be an issue - with the possible exception of extra time and I would agree to pay for anything past the allotted time.   Anyone have a related experience - positive or negative?
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.
(02-06-2019, 02:28 PM)rvm Wrote: I wonder if SDC, SL or OnlineDegree.com, etc., allow extra time for testing for students with disabilities?  Having dyslexia and some memory issues allowed to me get extra time on tests in online college courses.  The ADA's rules also afforded me scrap paper, on which I wrote down each individual question, as needed when I took some CBEs.  I had an in-person proctor for those events so they could clearly see I was not cheating.  Since the webcam records the actions in the room, seems like this would not be an issue - with the possible exception of extra time and I would agree to pay for anything past the allotted time.   Anyone have a related experience - positive or negative?

I haven't tried to get accommodation for my Dyscalculia (I just figured out a workaround), but I know you can request special accommodation for documented disabilities. You just need to coordinate with the school and proctor and provide any necessary paperwork. I don't know what kind of accommodation they will offer, but its probably similar to what you've experienced elsewhere.
In Progress: MBA in IT Management, Western Governors University
Up Next: An MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, March 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, March 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • rvm
(02-06-2019, 07:14 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 02:28 PM)rvm Wrote: I wonder if SDC, SL or OnlineDegree.com, etc., allow extra time for testing for students with disabilities?  Having dyslexia and some memory issues allowed to me get extra time on tests in online college courses.  The ADA's rules also afforded me scrap paper, on which I wrote down each individual question, as needed when I took some CBEs.  I had an in-person proctor for those events so they could clearly see I was not cheating.  Since the webcam records the actions in the room, seems like this would not be an issue - with the possible exception of extra time and I would agree to pay for anything past the allotted time.   Anyone have a related experience - positive or negative?

I haven't tried to get accommodation for my Dyscalculia (I just figured out a workaround), but I know you can request special accommodation for documented disabilities. You just need to coordinate with the school and proctor and provide any necessary paperwork. I don't know what kind of accommodation they will offer, but its probably similar to what you've experienced elsewhere.

Thank you Merlin!  Smile
Robin
Member since 2008

~ Slowly collecting credits from a variety of sources. Almost finished with my baccalaureate degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU UL Communications Study.com hollywoodeddie 13 404 2 hours ago
Last Post: PAMHarris
  Study.com order of classes for computer science udi 17 835 04-19-2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: ConqueringCollege
  Straighterline -- and vs. Study.com? a2jc4life 15 5,004 04-12-2019, 11:19 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  Fastest/non-proctored Study.com course (Study.com tuition discount)? pws 14 463 04-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Last Post: pws
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 125 47,405 04-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Study.com time to complete classes estimate AwardTour 10 359 04-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  Study.com's Diversity and Intercultural Communication as TESU Diversity requirement? pws 2 166 04-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Last Post: pws
  Classes that overlap with Math 107 on study.com? blt93933 1 145 04-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Davar Study Guides no longer free? shadowgem 11 751 03-30-2019, 12:34 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Multiple Assignments Study.com mysonx3 4 298 03-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun