Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com, TESU Evaluation & Residency
(03-03-2023, 07:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You can skip the 16 residency credits by paying the fee, or for some people, they take the 16 credits... see options below.
Courses vs Residency Waiver #1: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
16 Credits vs Residency Waiver #2: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Waiver-Fee
ACTFL/Foreign Credits: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-to-Big-3
Transfer Policy: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Explained

But TECEPS don't count to residency credits, correct? (I thought the 16 credit requirement was per semester, not altogether).
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
(03-04-2023, 08:02 PM)SCYankee Wrote: But TECEPS don't count to residency credits, correct? (I thought the 16 credit requirement was per semester, not altogether).

TECEPs do not count towards residency unless you're on a military tuition plan.

It's 16 credits total, not per semester. But some have done all 16 in one term to take advantage of the discounted "flat rate" term where you can take all of the courses for a flat fee for that term, which ends up being cheaper than paying per-course over a handful of terms.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • origamishuttle, SCYankee
(03-05-2023, 12:01 AM)jsd Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 08:02 PM)SCYankee Wrote: But TECEPS don't count to residency credits, correct? (I thought the 16 credit requirement was per semester, not altogether).

TECEPs  do not count towards residency unless you're on a military tuition plan.

It's 16 credits total, not per semester. But some have done all 16 in one term to take advantage of the discounted "flat rate" term where you can take all of the courses for a flat fee for that term, which ends up being cheaper than paying per-course over a handful of terms.

The flat-rate, single 16cr term is also the only way that taking the 16 credits is cheaper than the residency waiver fee plus cornerstone and capstone.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • origamishuttle, SCYankee
(03-02-2023, 04:04 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you want to do the BACS + BSBA CIS or BACS + BA Math (or BACS + any other BA degree), you'd want to make an advising appointment with Don Stolz to confirm whether the edX cornerstone would count for the other degree or only for the BACS.
How do I take this edx course?  I’m very interested.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mt_1994's post:
  • ACI
I just finished my first Study.com course. Do the transcript automatically get sent to TESU since I filled TESU in as my school when I registered for the class. Also, is it better to transfer each course as I finish them or save them up and transfer all at one time. Does TESU charge for a new academic evaluation every time you send them a class transcript. Thanks Duane.
No, TESU doesn't get your transcripts automatically. You should send your SDC courses to Credly as you complete them, when applicable. You should send your SDC/Credly transcripts to TESU about once a month.

Have you fully enrolled at TESU by paying for a TECEP/class or are you still in applicant status? If you're still in applicant status, you only get 2 evaluations. After that, you need to pay for a TECEP or take a TESU class. The $52 Medical Terminology TECEP is the cheapest way to become a fully enrolled student. When you are a fully enrolled student, you get unlimited evaluations. However, I would recommend only sending a new transcript to TESU once a month. More often than that and TESU might decide to implement the same per-evaluation fee as Excelsior now has. Less often and you run the risk of TESU deciding it no longer accepts the classes that you've already completed. If that happened before the class(es) are sent to TESU for evaluation, you would need to redo the class(es) with another provider or with TESU itself.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Unless it has changed recently, TESU requires SDC transcripts be sent directly from SDC. see here for more info https://support.study.com/support/soluti...rsity-tesu-
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • jch, studyingfortests
That's right, I wouldn't send one class at a time, I would do a batch of courses monthly or even once every two months. I remember one time I sent in the transcript and another month I sent in a second, there were no changes as I didn't do any extra exams within the two weeks, so they sent me feedback stating exactly that! Pace yourself with the Study.com courses and send them in when you have a few under your belt, send them batches at a time...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-18-2023, 04:12 PM)P226mem Wrote: Unless it has changed recently, TESU requires SDC transcripts be sent directly from SDC.   see here for more info https://support.study.com/support/soluti...rsity-tesu-

That article dates from 2019, but I've pretty sure that I've sent Acclaim/Credly transcripts to TESU with SDC credits on them and they've been evaluated just fine.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-19-2023, 05:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 04:12 PM)P226mem Wrote: Unless it has changed recently, TESU requires SDC transcripts be sent directly from SDC.   see here for more info https://support.study.com/support/soluti...rsity-tesu-

That article dates from 2019, but I've pretty sure that I've sent Acclaim/Credly transcripts to TESU with SDC credits on them and they've been evaluated just fine.

Glad to the hear the update.

SDC's Com 120, Presentation Skills in Workplace is NCCRS but not ACE so it won't show up in Credly. That course still need a direct from SDC transcript unless something big has changed.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy