Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com cancellation while transferring courses
Does anyone have experience specifically with study.com; i.e., cancelling their own membership after requesting transcripts to be forwarded?

I finished a proctored exam last night and will finish one more Sunday.  These are the last exams I will take with study.com in the foreseeable future.
it usually takes 6 days to receive the official grade from Study.com. My membership auto renews on Tuesday.
As much as I truly enjoy everything about Study.com, I'd like to avoid paying the next monthly fee if possible.

There is an option on the study.com online transfer request page, that allows you to add results from tests taken in the previous 2 days, which may cause a delay in sending the transcript.  I am fine with that.

My concern is that study.com will stop the transfer if my account is cancelled. I should have planned better, but as most of you here know,
life happens. Anyone have any experience with this?
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6
It shouldn't be an issue. I requested a transcript be sent after finishing a final and submitting 3 assignments in the past few days then cancelled the next day.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
You don't even have to have a subscription to request a transcript.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • TwinMom
Thanks for your replies.  I just received an unexpectedly quick response from study.com, advising they will indeed retain credit records.

"Just like a normal school will retain your credit records, so will we."

Not sure why I suspected anything different, but it may be due to nearing completion of a degree, and nervousness waiting for roadblocks, obstacles and minor inconveniences to stop me. This forum and the people on it have been invaluable holding my hand and inspiring me along. Thanks.
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6
[-] The following 1 user Likes sheptr's post:
  • alab21
The process, in case anyone is curious, is they take the date you say you completed the course in ACE, or wherever you are attempting to transfer, and they look to see if you had an active account during that time period. If you did and you passed the course in that time, they give you credit.

Meaning you don’t have to be enrolled at the time you ask for the credit on a transcript, just when you actually passed the course.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • alab21
(03-01-2019, 05:57 PM)Tedium Wrote: The process, in case anyone is curious, is they take the date you say you completed the course in ACE, or wherever you are attempting to transfer, and they look to see if you had an active account during that time period. If you did and you passed the course in that time, they give you credit.

Meaning you don’t have to be enrolled at the time you ask for the credit on a transcript, just when you actually passed the course.

Why would they need to look up if your account was active when you finished it, since it is impossible to finish a course without an active subscription?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(03-01-2019, 06:03 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 05:57 PM)Tedium Wrote: The process, in case anyone is curious, is they take the date you say you completed the course in ACE, or wherever you are attempting to transfer, and they look to see if you had an active account during that time period. If you did and you passed the course in that time, they give you credit.

Why would they need to look up if your account was active when you finished it, since it is impossible to finish a course without an active subscription?

You can finish a course with a Premium account, but you just can't take the proctored exam.

Active College Accelerator account is what you need. Sorry, I've been up for a while and I can see how that was confusing.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Does anyone know if you lose your progress if you cancel study.com in the middle of a course. Then re subscribe at a later date ?
You can pause it. You will have your progress saved, when u restart the subscription.
You can pause your subscription for up to 3 months, your information will be saved at the same progress as you have had before...
I believe cancelled memberships are the same thing as well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 377 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,313 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,660 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,394 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat