Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TAMUC Competency Based Program List
My undergrad is COSC. I feel a little insecure that it's an exclusively online school WAY out of region for where I've ever lived. TAMUC is in my region and would definitely blend in and look more "normal"
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • namwen
(03-15-2023, 10:25 AM)raycathode Wrote: My undergrad is COSC. I feel a little insecure that it's an exclusively online school WAY out of region for where I've ever lived. TAMUC is in my region and would definitely blend in and look more "normal"

That is sort of my thoughts on it. Is my career going to stall because of where my degree came from doesn't make sense? Not really but a degree from my region might make me feel better. lol
Texas A&M - Commerce - BAAS summer 2023
California Coast University - BSBA 2008

I mean it might be worth jumping back in and kicking around a couple classes just to defer my student loan payments and interest, hahaha
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • namwen, staceydiane
(03-15-2023, 11:51 AM)raycathode Wrote: I mean it might be worth jumping back in and kicking around a couple classes just to defer my student loan payments and interest, hahaha

You know you want to do it...don't be a chicken. lol

Actually, I'm a little nervous myself. Focus, namwen, focus...

[-] The following 1 user Likes namwen's post:
  • staceydiane
(03-14-2023, 11:34 AM)teejayb Wrote: Texas Gov was one of the classes I needed too. That one will take a bit of time. The project is a 1300-1500 essay on Texas politics. You get to choose the topics though, I think I chose Texas schools, taxing entities, and some PACs. There's a TON of information in this class and took a while to complete. Is this your first bachelor's? You may have to take an additional 2 Upper-Level courses if you do not have those (36 UL credits needed to graduate)

I hated this class! I enjoy political history quite a lot, however the way my professor structured it was so confusing with strange quiz questions, it was the class I did worst in, which is a shock to me because I was excited for it.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • namwen, staceydiane
(03-15-2023, 02:42 PM)mohelena02 Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 11:34 AM)teejayb Wrote: Texas Gov was one of the classes I needed too. That one will take a bit of time. The project is a 1300-1500 essay on Texas politics. You get to choose the topics though, I think I chose Texas schools, taxing entities, and some PACs. There's a TON of information in this class and took a while to complete. Is this your first bachelor's? You may have to take an additional 2 Upper-Level courses if you do not have those (36 UL credits needed to graduate)

I hated this class! I enjoy political history quite a lot, however the way my professor structured it was so confusing with strange quiz questions, it was the class I did worst in, which is a shock to me because I was excited for it.

This is one of my first two classes. Now I'm a little bummed out about having to take it.

(03-15-2023, 07:26 PM)namwen Wrote:

This is one of my first two classes. Now I'm a little bummed out about having to take it.

At least you will get it out of the way!! Haha it will be easier from there! Even the Capstones are not that bad.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 1 user Likes mohelena02's post:
  • fromthedepths
(03-15-2023, 07:32 PM)mohelena02 Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 07:26 PM)namwen Wrote:

At least you will get it out of the way!! Haha it will be easier from there! Even the Capstones are not that bad.

I see the requirement checked as done on myleo. Maybe I'll accidentally get out of that one. lol

Did your advisor automatically sign you up for your classes? We can't pick our professors and so forth?

I think it's possible to pick a professor in two or so classes, but generally you're just assigned what you're assigned. Take it or leave it. That's how it was in my first two classes anyway. And yeah Texas PoliSci was a pain in the ass but not hard.
Just a nuisance more than anything.
You know I really should jump back in since ChatGPT can provide me with some writing outlines and scrounge up sources...Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • fromthedepths, namwen
Class started up again Monday. I finished my project for ORGL 4343 yesterday and just got my grade back. Simple 3 page change memo for any organization you wish. Professor provided a template and it only took about an hour or so. Might take a bit more for those who do not do memos on a regular basis, but I would say an afternoon at most. Studying for the test today and will most likely take it tomorrow morning after work. If its anything like the pretest, it'll have 5 short essay questions and 30-40 multiple choice.

Took a look at Capstone 1. LOTS of writing for me for the next week or two. Teacher appears to be extremely responsive and willing to help wherever she can.
[-] The following 3 users Like teejayb's post:
  • fromthedepths, namwen, StoicJ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 8 221 Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,364 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,782 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
Smile Jacksonville State U. JSU Try It program. New course for Fall 2024. Completely Free sixdegreesandamovie 3 293 04-01-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: jch
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,508 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 391 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,952 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 504 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,412 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,236 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM