Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Easiest to hardest rank
Sales Management was the easiest one I took. I have a long history of working in sales though. I was so busy dealing with life and studying for another exam that I literally probably only studied for this exam for a day... and got nearly a perfect score. Normally I studied for exams a few months per exam, so I was pretty shocked that I scored so high on that one with such little study time.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
I haven't found an easy TECEP yet. They definitely seem to be one of the most challenging types of alternative credit. I needed to study a lot for Medical Terminology but I did end up with a decent grade of 84%
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University
I found the Env Ethics TECEP to be a challenge. It covers a lot of material, much of which is remembering which philosopher founded what school of thought, exactly what their arguments were, and how they apply to different environmental issues. Also, the way TECEPs (and TESU exams in general) handle essays make it extra challenging.

TESU exams are organized into sections. You can't look ahead at other sections and once you leave a section, you cannot return. Every TESU exam I've taken with essay questions have placed each essay in it's own section, meaning that you cannot manage your time effectively at all. If you have 4 essays and 40 minutes left, you had best plan finishing the first essay within 10 minutes, for example.

I remember one exam I took that had 5 essay questions, but I thought there were only 4. I took too long on the first essay, but I didn't really realize the depth of my mistake until I was in the 3rd essay and running out of time. I had to rush the last three essays, and bombed the exam pretty badly.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-09-2019, 01:31 PM)davewill Wrote: TESU exams are organized into sections. You can't look ahead at other sections and once you leave a section, you cannot return. Every TESU exam I've taken with essay questions have placed each essay in it's own section, meaning that you cannot manage your time effectively at all. If you have 4 essays and 40 minutes left, you had best plan finishing the first essay within 10 minutes, for example.

I remember one exam I took that had 5 essay questions, but I thought there were only 4. I took too long on the first essay, but I didn't really realize the depth of my mistake until I was in the 3rd essay and running out of time. I had to rush the last three essays, and bombed the exam pretty badly.

I also hate how TECEP's are organized - they're a hot mess in having to move on to a section, and not being able to go back to prior sections.  For instance, for English Comp II, the first step in a multi-step process was to write a thesis or something along those lines - then you left that section.  The next section was to expand on the thesis.  Wait, what?!?  And I can't go back and copy and paste it so I know what I wrote?  So basically, I had to rewrite a thesis I'd just written, hoping I got it right, and then write some more.  I was very annoyed with the whole thing.  Why you can't go back makes zero sense.  Not copying your thesis to the next section and then allowing you to edit it was seriously just wrong.  Kind of mean-spirited.

One thing I noticed with Applied Liberal Arts Math was that they allowed you ONE piece of scratch paper.  For a math exam where you were expected to figure out problems.  Seriously.  And then the proctorU guy told me I needed to stop looking down so much - I was so mad!  I was like, dude, it's a math test and I have to figure out answers to problems - how am I supposed to do that without looking down and writing on the ONE piece of paper you're allowing me?!?  Angry

The other thing with TECEP's in general, is that many rely on your ability to type - if you're not a proficient typist, you're in trouble.  So, for anyone that is not fairly fast, I'd say that you should stick to TECEP's that are entirely multiple choice.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I took Financial Institutions and Markets and it was pretty tough. Nit sure how I passed. It was pretty comparable to but harder than the DSST Money and Banking and you might as well take both IMHO.
Abnormal Psych  was hard only because it was directly based on the book they recommended.  Questions were asked that were very specific.   Fortunately I had a heads up and bought an older version of the book.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 612 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 163 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 433 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 920 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 267 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Managerial Comm TECEP saraholson 7 1,587 12-15-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  TECEP Federal Income Taxation Kones 9 868 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 338 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  Learning in the Digital Age TECEP Avidreader 0 219 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Marketing Communications Avidreader 2 374 11-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Avidreader