Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP and UExcel transferrability
Do we know if most schools accept TECEP and UExcel as having passed that course? I know it depends, but in general it seems they would be?

The schools I am wondering about are just a few different community and technical colleges, but they don't take NCCRS or ACE. It seems like they probably don't take DSST either. (I am surprised, but it seems like a lot of schools don't take DSSTs.)

I will call them up, but I think some of them won't check until after I send transcripts and make an appointment. It seems like a lot of schools don't even know what DSST or DANTES is, so I am thinking they might not have any idea about a TECEP.

Schools will definitely NOT know about TECEP's or UExcel's. Instead, I wouldn't even ask them, but would just send the transcripts from TESU and Excelsior when you've completed your exams. They come on transcripts from those schools, so other schools don't even really know that there's a difference between the exam and the course - they just get a transcript showing that they have credit from the school.

The one issue that there might be is that TECEP's don't have grades. Not sure on UExcel's.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Uexcels have grades, but they're marked with an "X."
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Uexcels have grades, but they're marked with an "X."

Ah yes, so similar to how CSU-Global puts them on the transcripts (they put an EX after the course number).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Schools will definitely NOT know about TECEP's or UExcel's. Instead, I wouldn't even ask them, but would just send the transcripts from TESU and Excelsior when you've completed your exams. They come on transcripts from those schools, so other schools don't even really know that there's a difference between the exam and the course - they just get a transcript showing that they have credit from the school.

The one issue that there might be is that TECEP's don't have grades. Not sure on UExcel's.

So you think it's very likely they will accept it, since it comes on a transcript (with no grade)? There are a couple that I only want to take if they are accepted. I don't mind about "gambling" the $117 for TECEP, but I mind because of the travel for a UExcel. I am also considering a UExcel which is a more expensive one, over $300.

I wrote a lengthy thread on this, but I advised people to ask their school if they'll accept challenge exams (graded for Uexcels and pass/fail for TECEPs). If you mention TECEP, they aren't going to know what you're talking about. If you mention Uexcel or an ECE, they might know what you're talking about, but will look for ACE evaluations which I believe Excelsior hasn't been renewing. Unlike CSU Global, TESU and Excelsior don't treat their own exams as transfer credits, so they are placed on the transcripts in the same spots as in-residence courses.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Ok, these schools don't take ACE Sad Also, I remembered, they say you need a 2.0 (or some say 2.5) for those courses. It would be nice if they would allow the Pass/Fail since my other grades will be high, but probably not Sad

A pass is normally the equivalent of a C at the undergraduate level.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I think TECEP, UExcel are a little more widely known then people give them credit for. My local CC I was attending knew exactly what these exams were. However, they wouldn't accept the Federal Income Tax TECEP in place of there Federal Income Tax Course. Then claimed that the TECEP didn't cover tax "History". Just a basic FYI the course didn't either nor did it cover partnerships which the TECEP did. I feel like if I tried just sending in my transcript it might work. I am debating sending in my ACE to HVCC and asking them to tell me what they would accept. I still haven't gotten them to accept anything outside of CLEP/DSST
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 655 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 493 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 743 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 587 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 756 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,240 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 955 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  Preparation for UExcel Philosophy Leebo 7 1,891 05-25-2021, 04:30 PM
Last Post: triceratops
  UExcel exam costs $220 nomaduser 5 1,502 03-14-2021, 04:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore