Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC ASBA/BSBA Acct./Second BA/Fin. Aid.
I'm looking into getting my ASBA from TESC. I'm doing a complete 180 here from English to Business. I want to leave the hospitality/customer service industry as soon as humanly possible. I would like to get an accounting or auditing job, and all of the ones in my area are advertised as requiring only a two year Accounting or Bus. Admin. with Accounting courses degree. So, I'm looking at TESC because of flexibility and they actually have an ASBA. I would afterwards like to get my BSBA Accounting, but I need something now to tide me over. I can test out of the ASBA right now, graduate, and then move on to the BSBA.

However, I would still like to earn my BA English for personal/grad school reasons. This was my original major and what I have most of my credits in. As I was formulating my plan, I just noticed the rule that credits for the second degree must be earned after the date the first degree was earned. Bummer. I need to earn my BA before my BSBA.

So, can I enroll in the BA English program, test out of the ASBA as I am finishing my Capstone, then switch to BSBA accounting after 12 weeks? What would the timeline be for something like that? What tuition plan would I use for that if I would like to get financial aid?

Since all of my business credits will be newly earned, do I have to wait until the actual graduation date of my BA before starting on the remaining 24 hour requirements for my BSBA? Or can I begin on that as soon as I am finished with the Capstone for the English degree? I guess I just need to see what the timeline for that would look like if I am trying to maximize financial aid, testing credits, and time.

I was really leery of asking TESC, because you guys are always saying how incompetent their advisors are. Figured I would go to you guys first. Thank you in advance.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
The University of NC has been posting ads on my Linkedin for a 1 year Masters of Acc (MAC) for non accounting majors. It isn't cheap ($1300 per credit!), but I figured if UNC has a program like this, why not check to see if another school has a similar program. MS of Acc would trump an ASBA in my book.

Accounting@UNC (Online Format) - Master of Accounting Program - UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
That's always an idea. I hadn't looked at accelerated programs. I was going to get the ASBA because I can do it quickly and cheap, and I was hoping it would help me get my foot in the door somewhere. I currently don't have any business or accounting credits, so I'd be afraid I'd have to take too many developmental courses to make a Master's worthwhile, at the moment.

I will look around and see what my options are. Thanks for the suggestion.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,016 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,038 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,638 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,978 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,485 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,501 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,799 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98