Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC BSBA In CIS path ?s
Prloko Wrote:I'm sorry to be crass, but your adviser is smoking DOPE! Straighter line credits are accepted. The advisers they have lately have zero clue what they are talking about. The english comp answer is right though. You will need to take the College Composition CLEP with they essay for TESC to accept it, I had to do the same thing. If you are going to do the PC option, then it may just be better to use the TECEPs to complete English.

If this AMU classes are 3 credits each, then you should have around 81 Semester Hours.

On a second note, did you ever check with the VA about your GI Bill situation?

I was giving it some thought and im over 24 credits from degree, may as well get the credits at TESC. So I haven't even looked at my GI bill, I'll just save it for some certifications or masters or something else. I was thinking that advisor was on crack. I explained to him/her that I thought they had a partnership with Straighterline and as for the College comp it says right here they accept it for 3 credits CLEP - College-Level Exam Program They haven't replied to me yet, which is weird cause they were responding relatively quickly before. However, this setback may help me the English TECPs can't be that hard.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:I was giving it some thought and im over 24 credits from degree, may as well get the credits at TESC. So I haven't even looked at my GI bill, I'll just save it for some certifications or masters or something else. I was thinking that advisor was on crack. I explained to him/her that I thought they had a partnership with Straighterline and as for the College comp it says right here they accept it for 3 credits CLEP - College-Level Exam Program They haven't replied to me yet, which is weird cause they were responding relatively quickly before. However, this setback may help me the English TECPs can't be that hard.

I agree. If you don't have to use the GI Bill, save it. It seems like most people on this forum go on to a Master's program after.

For the English TECEPs, you are allowed to bring study aids with you. If I could recall correctly, you can bring a dictionary and a college writing guide. My spouse took the ENC 102 TECEP with little study and passed. It was mainly looking for proper source referencing and essay composition.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Finally got my Evaluation and here is what It comes down to. This is the home stretch, 24 TESC credits and the rest are easy as pie!

ENC-102 (Writing Intensive)........................ENC-102 TECEP
GENERAL EDUCATION ELECTIVES........................MAT-105 TECEP
GENERAL EDUCATION ELECTIVES........................CIS-107 TECEP
Managerial Communication........................TECEP/ SAYLOR/ SL
Ethics or Diversity Elective........................Introduction to World Religions Straighterline > Marriage and the Family TECEP, TECEP Psychology of Women
Responsible Ethical Leadership........................Business Ethics SL > Environmental Ethics TECEP
Principles of Finance........................Penn Foster Financial management
Strategic Management........................Penn Foster Strategic Management

Programming Language........................OS-116 C Programming
Systems Analysis and Design........................System Analysis and Design I (CIS-320)
Core Elective ........................CMP-354-TE Network Technology (TECEP)
............................................Database Management (CIS-311)

Question Time! ( this is why I love you all)
Managerial Communication which is easier Saylor, SL, or TECEP?

Can anyone rank these from easiest to hardest? Marriage and the Family TECEP, TECEP Psychology of Women, Environmental Ethics TECEP.

Also, they only gave me 2 UL credits for TEEX, So I am going to be 1 UL short because all the programming languages are LL. anyone know anything worth 1 CIS/COS credit XD
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:Finally got my Evaluation and here is what It comes down to. This is the home stretch, 24 TESC credits and the rest are easy as pie!

ENC-102 (Writing Intensive)........................ENC-102 TECEP
GENERAL EDUCATION ELECTIVES........................MAT-105 TECEP
GENERAL EDUCATION ELECTIVES........................CIS-107 TECEP
Managerial Communication........................TECEP/ SAYLOR/ SL
Ethics or Diversity Elective........................Introduction to World Religions Straighterline > Marriage and the Family TECEP, TECEP Psychology of Women
Responsible Ethical Leadership........................Business Ethics SL > Environmental Ethics TECEP
Principles of Finance........................Penn Foster Financial management
Strategic Management........................Penn Foster Strategic Management

Programming Language........................OS-116 C Programming
Systems Analysis and Design........................System Analysis and Design I (CIS-320)
Core Elective ........................CMP-354-TE Network Technology (TECEP)
............................................Database Management (CIS-311)

Question Time! ( this is why I love you all)
Managerial Communication which is easier Saylor, SL, or TECEP?

Can anyone rank these from easiest to hardest? Marriage and the Family TECEP, TECEP Psychology of Women, Environmental Ethics TECEP.

Also, they only gave me 2 UL credits for TEEX, So I am going to be 1 UL short because all the programming languages are LL. anyone know anything worth 1 CIS/COS credit XD

Congratulations. Having a solid plan is the first step. Remember what I said about Grad schools though, try to keep your GPA high, if you find that your GPA is sorta low, you may want to replace one of the SLs for an easy class to bring your GPA up. GPA and GMAT/GRE have become almost exclusively the two most important metrics for grad school now, thanks to US News' skewed ranking methodology. Schools want to rank higher, and that is one of the easiest ways to significantly bump their rankings up.

I can't answer your questions on the exams, but I know intro to religions is doable, and you can also use sociology for an ethics course.

For the last item, the 1 credit course, you may have to just take a 3 credit course to fill that. You will then have a 2 credit overage that will probably bump something else out.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:Congratulations. Having a solid plan is the first step. Remember what I said about Grad schools though, try to keep your GPA high, if you find that your GPA is sorta low, you may want to replace one of the SLs for an easy class to bring your GPA up. GPA and GMAT/GRE have become almost exclusively the two most important metrics for grad school now, thanks to US News' skewed ranking methodology. Schools want to rank higher, and that is one of the easiest ways to significantly bump their rankings up.

I can't answer your questions on the exams, but I know intro to religions is doable, and you can also use sociology for an ethics course.

For the last item, the 1 credit course, you may have to just take a 3 credit course to fill that. You will then have a 2 credit overage that will probably bump something else out.

How are TESC Classes, As I do only have 3, I was aiming for an A in all of them. I was told TECEPs did not count towards GPA. I have no experience in programming, System Analysis and Design I ,or Database management it makes me a bit nervous. Are they easy enough to do them all at once ( only have experience with AMU classes, and 3 would not be a problem) or should I space them out each a month apart so the midterms and finals are on different months. On a related note, I am pretty sure I want to go with WGU for my grad school, do they have a high acceptance rate?
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:How are TESC Classes, As I do only have 3, I was aiming for an A in all of them. I was told TECEPs did not count towards GPA. I have no experience in programming, System Analysis and Design I ,or Database management it makes me a bit nervous. Are they easy enough to do them all at once ( only have experience with AMU classes, and 3 would not be a problem) or should I space them out each a month apart so the midterms and finals are on different months. On a related note, I am pretty sure I want to go with WGU for my grad school, do they have a high acceptance rate?

If you don't have any experience with the subjects, any you have a job, I would not recommend you taking all three at once. SA&D has a writing assignment per week and the mid term and final are large projects. I did pull an A though. A buddy of mine is taking management communications or something like that and the prof won't grade high enough to guarantee a 4.0, even if you do the above and beyond he lists. So YMMV.
TESC BSBA CIS
WGU MS Information Security and Assurance

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Intro to Stats

CLEP
A&I Lit - Principles of Management - Principles of Marketing - Business Law - Macro - Micro - Into to Sociology - SS & H - Humanities - English Comp

DSST
Principles of Supervision - Intro to computers - Intro to Business - MIS - Business Ethics - HR Management - Intro to Law Enforcement - Environment and Humanity - Tech Writing - Human Cultural Geography - Principles of Financial Accounting - Ethics in America - Principals of Finance

SL
Business Communications - Acct. II - Intro to C++

Penn Foster
Strategic Management

TESC
Networking Technologies - TECEP
Systems A and D

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone, IT Professionals

Microsoft
MS Virtualization - 70-659

Free-electives - Private Pilot
stretcharmy Wrote:If you don't have any experience with the subjects, any you have a job, I would not recommend you taking all three at once. SA&D has a writing assignment per week and the mid term and final are large projects. I did pull an A though. A buddy of mine is taking management communications or something like that and the prof won't grade high enough to guarantee a 4.0, even if you do the above and beyond he lists. So YMMV.

So classes are somewhat of a challenge? I'll probably go with 2, as I do have 12-16 hours a day to work on school.
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
TESC has been known to give a waiver for that one stray credit (you will still need a credit, but doesn't have to necessarily be upper level). Doesn't hurt to ask.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
mednat Wrote:TESC has been known to give a waiver for that one stray credit (you will still need a credit, but doesn't have to necessarily be upper level). Doesn't hurt to ask.

I asked the adviser as soon as I saw the problem, she pretty much said no and started suggesting classes for me to take. Although she helped me solve some other problems, she told me if I had an issue with a credit transfer ( was unrelated to the 11/12 UL) to contact the dean. So I wrote a respectful email to the dean asking for an exception, I am waiting for a reply. San Antone also told me about this waiver so its not foreign, I have my fingers crossed!
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
gingerbeefE Wrote:So classes are somewhat of a challenge? I'll probably go with 2, as I do have 12-16 hours a day to work on school.

With that kind of time I would feel comfortable doing three. But it all depends on what kind of student you are.
TESC BSBA CIS
WGU MS Information Security and Assurance

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Intro to Stats

CLEP
A&I Lit - Principles of Management - Principles of Marketing - Business Law - Macro - Micro - Into to Sociology - SS & H - Humanities - English Comp

DSST
Principles of Supervision - Intro to computers - Intro to Business - MIS - Business Ethics - HR Management - Intro to Law Enforcement - Environment and Humanity - Tech Writing - Human Cultural Geography - Principles of Financial Accounting - Ethics in America - Principals of Finance

SL
Business Communications - Acct. II - Intro to C++

Penn Foster
Strategic Management

TESC
Networking Technologies - TECEP
Systems A and D

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone, IT Professionals

Microsoft
MS Virtualization - 70-659

Free-electives - Private Pilot

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,750 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,013 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU English Career Path? renaissancewoman87 14 4,714 08-27-2018, 08:19 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,637 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,938 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,484 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,500 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,794 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98