Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC LA Capstone Instructors
Thank you @davewill. Does anyone have the most recent Lib-495 textbook? I found a download link on some thread here, for the 2017 version. Is there a more recent version available?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I agree with Davewill, Professor Cody is great. He responds quickly and gives excellent feedback.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
(02-23-2019, 11:17 PM)Supermind Wrote: Hello. While TESU sorts out my transcripts, I would like to get ready by choosing a mentor for my BA-LS Capstone. I have heard wonderful reviews of Hansen, but unfortunately, she does not seem to be on board for April 2019. Help me choose between:  B. Moore, N. Haydel, A. Black & J. Cody.

A. Tomko & C. Peck are there for the GS option. But I suppose the online option is better, as it distributes your score between regular online postings and your capstone project?

I believe @vetvso had Cody as his mentor, and gave good reviews?

Is there a reason for you to take the Capstone in April?  You can take the May one as the instructor/mentors you're looking into are available for that term.  It's perfect for Sept Grad as per https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I need to complete my Capstone by June, as I have some family engagements coming up in the last week of June- first two weeks of July. So, I am afraid I might be unable to give my total attention to this. Even my advisor suggested I aim for the Capstone in May, as I won’t need to stress about my transcripts not being evaluated.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

Hello. Has anyone experienced Dr. Augustus Black as their Capstone instructor at TESU? He gets a much higher rating than Dr. James Cody for student satisfaction on Rate my professor- 100%! Overall rating is 4.7, and difficulty is 3. Cody is rated at 86 %, 4.6 & 3.1. However Dr. Cody has a DLitt, while Dr. Black has a PhD. Wonder if that matters at undergraduate level?

(03-01-2019, 06:10 AM)Supermind Wrote: Hello. Has anyone experienced Dr. Augustus Black as their Capstone instructor at TESU? He gets a much higher rating than Dr. James Cody for student satisfaction on Rate my professor- 100%! Overall rating is 4.7, and difficulty is 3. Cody is rated at 86 %, 4.6 & 3.1. However Dr. Cody has a DLitt, while Dr. Black has a PhD. Wonder if that matters at undergraduate level?

I can't help with the recommendations, but I don't think their degree matters in this case. Realistically, you can teach at the undergrad level with a masters degree, so the fact that they both have doctorates may suggest a higher level of rigor in either case.

If you want the professor with better academic credentials, go with Dr. Cody. A D.Litt is pretty exceptional, and is considered to be higher than a Ph.D. degree.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thank you Merlin. While a DLitt. Is definitely exceptional, I am actually looking for a mentor who won’t make the course very demanding and difficult. I am ok with a certain amount of rigor, but not too much. And I need a mentor who is very responsive and supportive. Apparently, Dr. Black scores a bit higher than Dr. Cody in being supportive. But these are impressions I gathered online, and they could be skewed. If there is someone on this forum who has experienced Dr. Black, I would like to hear from them.

Honestly, those numbers seem so close, I'm not sure they indicate any true difference. I'd go more with the comments in the ratings than the aggregate numbers.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-23-2019, 11:17 PM)Supermind Wrote: Help me choose between:  B. Moore, N. Haydel, A. Black & J. Cody.

Hey @Supermind! I'm taking the April Capstone, too. I was leaning towards Professor Cody. Please share the reason behind your selection when you've decided! 

Also am looking for the most updated textbook, if anybody has suggestions? If any of you guys from recent capstone courses has this book sitting around, I'll pay to borrow it and cover shipping and everything?
|| TESU English: Senior
C. Hansen is who you want, if available.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 525 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,370 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,115 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,177 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 921 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 702 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 900 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 2,034 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,676 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne