Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC LA Capstone Instructors
C. Hansen isn’t on board for this term. I have heard wonderful reviews about her, and would have definitely selected her.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Oh man, my bad. Attached is the e-book we are using. I've been very busy.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrBossmanJr's post:
  • suzycupcake
Thank you so much @MrBossmanJr

(03-01-2019, 04:09 PM)KawJa Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 11:17 PM)Supermind Wrote: Help me choose between:  B. Moore, N. Haydel, A. Black & J. Cody.

Hey @Supermind! I'm taking the April Capstone, too. I was leaning towards Professor Cody. Please share the reason behind your selection when you've decided! 

Also am looking for the most updated textbook, if anybody has suggestions? If any of you guys from recent capstone courses has this book sitting around, I'll pay to borrow it and cover shipping and everything?
I was leaning towards Dr. Cody as well. But I happened to see that Dr. Black has many positive reviews on Rate my Professor. You could go and check. Then let me know who you plan to select as your mentor.  Smile

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

If he's on the list, I highly recommend Ciacco. He was a fantastic professor! I took the top grade in his capstone & I would not say I am the most amazing student, however I would say the other students kept me on my toes. Just be aware that Ciacco won't write recommendations for graduate school unless you've taken more than one course from him.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Thanks Sweetsecret. I might need a mentor who is willing to write a recommendation for Grad School. I am also wary of anyone who expects you to conduct primary research. I believe Dr. Cody does not. Not sure about Dr. Black.

As far as I know, Ciacco doesn't require primary research. He is an awesome professor though... probably one of the most supportive professors I have experienced. He always gave great feedback on work and forums, but never seemed tough on anyone.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(03-01-2019, 04:09 PM)KawJa Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 11:17 PM)Supermind Wrote: Help me choose between:  B. Moore, N. Haydel, A. Black & J. Cody.

Hey @Supermind! I'm taking the April Capstone, too. I was leaning towards Professor Cody. Please share the reason behind your selection when you've decided! 

Also am looking for the most updated textbook, if anybody has suggestions? If any of you guys from recent capstone courses has this book sitting around, I'll pay to borrow it and cover shipping and everything?
Did you notice that Dr. Black’s class seems to be filling up the fastest among all the others? Already 4 down from when I checked on him last on Thursday. 8/15 left. Still wondering if I should go with Dr. Cody or Dr. Black.  Rolleyes Smile

(03-01-2019, 08:17 PM)Supermind Wrote:

I was leaning towards Dr. Cody as well. But I happened to see that Dr. Black has many positive reviews on Rate my Professor. You could go and check. Then let me know who you plan to select as your mentor.  Smile
One thing I noticed on Rate My Professor that makes me lean towards Cody is that his reviews are more spread out over his years of teaching, but still mostly positive. Black, on the other hand, has many really glowing reviews, but it seems weird to me that almost all of them were posted just this past January? Doesn't that seem like an "I'll give you an extra 1/2 letter grade if you give me a good review on Rate My Professor"? The one review on Black before this year was in 2015, and was pretty negative. It's either something weird, or he took a break from teaching for a few years and came back extra amazing. 

I also like that Cody doesn't seem to require primary research, so I'll probably go with him. I'm waiting on TESU to finish their academic evaluation so my profile shows 100+ credits and I can register, hopefully this week.
|| TESU English: Senior
Don't forget:

Mentor Randall Otto; I was concerned but feedback here was decent so I took his class. I got really sick, had Christmas holidays, and moved back to Alaska. He accepted my late work but I did get docked some. I consider him fair and it would be hard to get lower than a B in his class.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(03-03-2019, 02:51 PM)KawJa Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 08:17 PM)Supermind Wrote:

One thing I noticed on Rate My Professor that makes me lean towards Cody is that his reviews are more spread out over his years of teaching, but still mostly positive. Black, on the other hand, has many really glowing reviews, but it seems weird to me that almost all of them were posted just this past January? Doesn't that seem like an "I'll give you an extra 1/2 letter grade if you give me a good review on Rate My Professor"? The one review on Black before this year was in 2015, and was pretty negative. It's either something weird, or he took a break from teaching for a few years and came back extra amazing. 

I also like that Cody doesn't seem to require primary research, so I'll probably go with him. I'm waiting on TESU to finish their academic evaluation so my profile shows 100+ credits and I can register, hopefully this week.
True! I noticed that as well about the reviews. Many of those glowing reviews show the same date! I think I am going to join Dr. Cody’s class- bcos we know he does not expect primary research. @vetvso, I don’t remember seeing Otto as one of the options for April 2019. But thank you for your recommendation.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • KawJa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,594 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 558 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,391 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,128 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,194 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 936 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 714 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 916 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 2,067 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,698 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne