Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!! Almost ready to graduate...
Hey Guys,

I'm only 9 credits away from graduating with a BSBA in General Management from Thomas Edison College, but I've run into a snag.

2 months ago, I took the Money and Banking DANTES in order to fulfill the Finance requirement for my degree and i failed by one point!

I must have one 3 hour course in 3 of the 4 catagories: Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing.

I passed:
1. Sales Management (Marketing)
2. Management Info. Systems (Management)

I need a Finance class to finish, and I'm not sure what to take. I don't have time to wait around to retake Money and Banking, because I'm supposed to graduate in March.

Here are the options i know of:
1. Security Analysis & Portfolio Management TECEP
2. Financial Institutions and Markets TECEP
3. International Finance TECEP

Anybody have experience with any of these exams? I'm looking to take one that doesn't require too much math.

Also, you think its possible to take Business Mathematics DANTES to fulfill the Finance requirement instead of taking the expensive TECEPS?

Thanks for the help!!!

Nate
Don't forget TESC accepts Penn Foster courses that are ACE accredited, you might want to check with an advisor to find out which PF courses would count toward your requirements.

Here are some examples, I suggest you register with ACE, its a free registration, and you can see each ACE accredited course PF offers (along with MANY other organizations) https://www.acenet.edu/nationalguide/

Quote:Principles of Finance
ACE Transcript Data: ICS-0068
Organization: Penn Foster College
Length: Versions 1 and 2: Correspondence program
Dates: Version 1: January 1981 – August 1995; Version 2: September 1995 – Present
Description: Versions 1 and 2: (SELF-STUDY) STUDENT WILL BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ROLE OF FINANCE IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS, CAPITAL BUDGETS, SOURCES OF FUNDS, MARKETING SECURITIES CAPITAL STRUCTURE, FOREIGN EXPANSION & REORGANIZATION Objective: Versions 1 and 2: To introduce the student to the role of money and financial institutions, types of business organizations, and long and short-term financial analysis. Learning Outcome: Versions 1 and 2: Upon successful completion of this course, the student will understand the role of finance in various business organizations, capital budgets, sources of funds, marketing securities, capital structure, foreign expansion, financial, reorganization of a business firm, and present value analysis. Instruction: Versions 1 and 2: Major topics covered in the course are a history of money; monetary systems; credit; the role of finance in various forms of business organizations; capital budgeting, sources of funds, marketing securities, capital structure, and financing foreign trade, reorganization of a business firm; present value analysis; financial ratio analysis; capital funding; and causes of business failure. Methods of instruction include self-study, texts, study guides, and a proctored final examination.

Credit Recommendation: Versions 1 and 2: In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in Principles of Finance (4/86) (7/90). In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in Principles of Finance (9/95) (12/00).

Quote:Personal Financial Management
ACE Transcript Data: ICS-0119
Organization: Penn Foster College
Length: Version 1: Correspondence Program.; Versions 2, 3 and 4: Correspondence Program.
Dates: Version 1: March 1984 – August 1995; Version 2: September 1995 – February 1999; Version 3: March 1999 – May 2007; Version 4: June 2007 – Present
Description: Version 1: Correspondence Program. Student will be able to apply decision-making procedures to realistic problems such as budgets, insurance, real estate, and security buying.; Versions 2, 3 and 4: Correspondence program. Student will be able to define important financial terms; explain the importance of financial planning; describe the basic operation of financial markets; use analytical procedures to manage finances; and explain important financial concepts. Objective: Version 1: To introduce students to concepts of personal financial management which provides students with a general understanding of principles of managing and financing assets; to list and explain concepts of personal financial management and key factors considered in acquisition of assets; and to explain how to use borrowed funds to finance the purchase of assets.; Versions 2 and 3: To provide the student with an introduction to sound personal financial planning and effective money management using the latest financial planning tools and techniques.; Version 4: To provide the student with an understanding of personal financial management topics and be able to apply decision-making procedures to realistic problems such as budgets, insurance, real estate and security buying. Learning Outcome: Version 1: Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to apply decision-making procedures to realistic problems such as budgets, insurance, real estate, and security buying.; Versions 2, 3 and 4: Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to define important financial terms; explain the importance of financial planning; describe the basic operation of financial markets; use analytical procedures to manage finances; and explain important financial concepts. Instruction: Version 1: Major topics covered in the course are the fundamental concepts and the importance of personal financial management; management of fundamental assets, including how to protect against risk and uncertainty; and an in-depth study of estate and retirement planning and investment budgeting. Methods of instruction include self-study, texts, study guides, and proctored final examination.; Versions 2 and 3: Major topics covered in the course are foundations of financial planning including financial statements and plans, managing taxes, basic assets, credit, insurance needs, investments, and retirement and estate planning. Methods of instruction include self-study, study guides, texts, software, and proctored final examination.; Version 4: Major topics covered in course include foundations of financial planning; managing basic assets; managing credit; managing insurance needs; managing investments; retirement and estate planning. Methods of instruction include self-study, textbooks, study guide, lesson exams, and a proctored final exam.

Credit Recommendation: Version 1: In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in Personal Finance (4/86) (7/90). In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in Finance or Business Administration (9/95) (12/00).; Version 2: In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in Finance or Business Administration (9/95) (12/00).; Versions 3 and 4: In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in Finance or Business Administration (9/95) (12/00) (6/07).
I may not be following here, but what about Principles of Finance? That's considered an UL/CR course with Excelsior at least.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Did you gain all those credits through exam? If so do you have to take any "course" classes?
Does anyone know what exams other than money and banking count towards the credits in the finance concentration? Or maybe somebody has a degree plan from excelsior finance degree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,858 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  What will be the cost to graduate? sarahrahul 2 1,175 05-17-2018, 12:50 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  When can i actually Graduate? sarahrahul 2 1,104 05-16-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: sarahrahul
  TESU / COSC graduate credit perriquit 1 788 03-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Letter of intent to graduate the same as the certification email? Chef945 4 1,576 02-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Chef945
  Can you graduate with an AA and BA from TESU at the same time? kevinmane 8 1,752 01-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  TESU - GED College Ready Credit poneill 4 2,240 08-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU: ready to start but I need HELP! ReeseP 13 1,883 01-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: KayV
  comprehensive tuition = graduate credits? creditmonsoon 18 1,797 12-17-2016, 03:44 AM
Last Post: TrailRunr
  Ready to get a BSBA in Operations Management by testing out ! xdrelx 2 905 12-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore