Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Students and English Comp II using CLEP
Does anyone know which CLEP English Composition w/Essay or English Composition Modular satisfies TESC English 102? I have already met the English 101 requirements using B&M course. Sorry if this question was asked before, I am an international student and it's a bit confusing which one to take, thanks
Why not take the English Comp Tecep?
heidi08 Wrote:Does anyone know which CLEP English Composition w/Essay or English Composition Modular satisfies TESC English 102? I have already met the English 101 requirements using B&M course. Sorry if this question was asked before, I am an international student and it's a bit confusing which one to take, thanks

CLEP English Composition Modular = ENC-101 (3 CR)
CLEP English Composition w/Essay = ENC-101/ENC-102 (6 CR)

Unfortunately with the CLEP exam you will duplicate the English Comp 101 credit.
As EllisGrant advises, you could simply take the TECEP ENC-102 English Comp II exam.

Here are a few links that will benefit you:
TESC [URL="http://www.tesc.edu/academics/catalog/CLEP-College-Level-Exam-Program.cfm"]CLEP Equivalency List
[/URL]TESC [URL="http://www.tesc.edu/academics/catalog/DANTES.cfm"]DSST Equivalency List
[/URL][URL="http://www2.tesc.edu/listalltecep.php"]TECEP List
[/URL]

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Has anyone actually taken the English Comp II TECEP? I will be taking it next week and I was hoping for some more specific feedback. I feel a little stupid even asking about a 100 level course, but after failing the CLEP essay, I could apparently use the help. I've never received a grade of less than an A- on a research paper and I've taken a couple writing intensive courses for which I earned 4.0s, so I'm actually a little confused as to what happened. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Ellis
EllisGrant Wrote:Has anyone actually taken the English Comp II TECEP?

If memory serves there were quite a few who took the TECEP. Off the top of my head Saharapost comes to mind, I remember reading his feedback post. Maybe shoot him a PM? Oh, you could also contact Defscarlett.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thank you Bricabrac!
EllisGrant Wrote:Thank you Bricabrac!

No prob, that's why I'm here. Good luck on the exam, I'm sure you'll do well!

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
bricabrac Wrote:Unfortunately with the CLEP exam you will duplicate the English Comp 101 credit.

I thought I would bring up that it is worth checking with the registrar to see if this is true. At COSC I recently passed the College Composition with Essay CLEP after transferring English 101, and they ended up keeping the 101 credit and just giving me 3 credits counting toward the 102 requirement for the CLEP. I was worried that I would lose that A from 101 and it would affect my GPA. You'd be losing out on 3 credits, but you would meet the requirement if TESC is the same way.

Just saying. Never hurts to ask if for some reason taking the CLEP would be easier for you.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
Tedium Wrote:I thought I would bring up that it is worth checking with the registrar to see if this is true. At COSC I recently passed the College Composition with Essay CLEP after transferring English 101, and they ended up keeping the 101 credit and just giving me 3 credits counting toward the 102 requirement for the CLEP. I was worried that I would lose that A from 101 and it would affect my GPA. You'd be losing out on 3 credits, but you would meet the requirement if TESC is the same way.

Just saying. Never hurts to ask if for some reason taking the CLEP would be easier for you.

I don't understand, you are telling the pooter to check with the registrar while at the same time stating COSC evaluated the CLEP in the exact same manner I said TESC would. Maybe you should read my post again.

ENG101 course (3cr)
English Comp CLEP (3cr)

At TESC the poster will receive credit for ENC102 (3cr). The M/C portion of the exam, ENC101, would duplicate the course. So instead of receiveing 6cr for the CLEP you would only receive 3.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
bricabrac Wrote:I don't understand, you are telling the pooter to check with the registrar while at the same time stating COSC evaluated the CLEP in the exact same manner I said TESC would. Maybe you should read my post again.

ENG101 course (3cr)
English Comp CLEP (3cr)

At TESC the poster will receive credit for ENC102 (3cr). The M/C portion of the exam, ENC101, would duplicate the course. So instead of receiveing 6cr for the CLEP you would only receive 3.

In the portion I quoted you told the poster that the CLEP would duplicate credit with 101 and to take the TECEP instead. At previous colleges I've attended they would have taken the CLEP and disregarded the 101 course, as happened with my Freshman College Composition, and I thought that is what you were telling them as well. Most colleges do not allow CLEP to fulfill partial requirements. If the CLEP fulfills 2 requirements for 6 credits then that is what goes on your transcript. In many cases you would not be able to keep the transferred course.

I don't see where you explained it any differently, which is why I made my post.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU English Career Path? renaissancewoman87 14 4,753 08-27-2018, 08:19 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,815 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,633 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,582 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,642 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,569 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,942 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,220 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Technical Writing will not replace Comp II at TESU allvia 9 2,114 04-26-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jsd
  BOG Students verbatim21 3 1,374 04-23-2018, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Johmford