Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU AAS Applied Computer Studies
Hmm, interesting, I would skip the DSST unless you get them free.  You can take more Sophia.org courses that ladder up to a bachelors at UMPI instead or take more Coursera/TADA offerings that can finish the Pierpont BOG AAS.  If you get 40 technical credits, you may have a crack at the UMPI BAS with a minor of your choice.  

Just curious - Do you get the DSST for free? Again, if not, then skip them.  You need 1 graded RA credit.
Pierpont BOG AAS Instructions/WIKI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC
Coursera/TADA ACE offerings WIKI: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Skip the Clakamas credit. Not that it's bad, but it's offered on a semester basis. Which means that you have to sign up for it at the right time, or you don't get to take it. I don't think you can sign up for it again until spring?

ASU Universal Learner is start-anytime. It's $25 for the class + $15 for the transcript.

Take 1-2 months of Sophia - $99 to $198

Do at least the Google IT Support Professional Certificate - $0 through TADA.

Pierpont degree for $139-$238 TOTAL. Unless I am mistaken, I think you'd be spending at least that much for the two DSST exams. Skip those, use Sophia and/or Saylor.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I'm making steady progress on getting my credits for Pierpont however I've been reading more about the BOG AAS and have a few more questions.

I want to 100% confirm that the transcripts issue has been resolved and that when you graduate, you get a full normal college transcript?

Does Pierpont report your degree to the National Student Clearinghouse? I couldn't find an updated answer to that one.

I also have several questions about some courses I've taken already.

CSM Learn, it transfers in to Pierpont as the math requirement, correct? What about TESU? Does it count for math there?

My American Government CLEP exam, it seems some people were saying that Pierpont won't take CLEP for the Gen Ed requirements, any clarification on that? If for some reason they don't, they do come in as electives though?

I've also gotten my old FEMA National Fire Academy classes, TEEX cybersecurity classes and the Purdue Global (formerly Kaplan) prior learning assessment added to my Credly.

Does Pierpont accept the NFA classes for electives? What about the TEEX classes? And would they count towards the Info Systems AOE? And finally, the Purdue Global prior learning assessment, it's ACE recommended for 3 credits, there's no way Pierpont is actually going to allow that though, right?

I've attached my updated degree plan to browse as well. It's including some assumptions I've made regarding class acceptance. I've also left the DSST exams on despite the cost because I should be able to very easily pass those two.

Attached Files
.pdf   Degree Plans - Pierpont BOG AAS w_Information Systems AOE.pdf (Size: 56 KB / Downloads: 10)
(10-30-2022, 08:43 PM)siege101 Wrote: I also have a question about CSM Learn, it transfers in to Pierpont as the math requirement, correct? What about TESU? Does it count for math there?

Yes, it will count toward math requirements at both Pierpont and TESU: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/CSM_Learn

Accepted at Pierpont as MTH 1207 - Fundamentals of Math Concepts and at TESU as BUS-210 - Quantitative Skills for Business: https://www.smilabs.org/products/collegecredit
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(10-30-2022, 08:51 PM)carrythenothing Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 08:43 PM)siege101 Wrote: I also have a question about CSM Learn, it transfers in to Pierpont as the math requirement, correct? What about TESU? Does it count for math there?

Yes, it will count toward math requirements at both Pierpont and TESU: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/CSM_Learn

Accepted at Pierpont as MTH 1207 - Fundamentals of Math Concepts and at TESU as BUS-210 - Quantitative Skills for Business: https://www.smilabs.org/products/collegecredit
Guess I should have researched that one more, LOL, thanks. Definitely good news for me.
Depending on the TESU degree, CSM Learn may only partially count. Example: business degree requires Stats, BUS-210 (which can be CSM Learn), and a math in the gen eds. A comp Sci degree requires math in the gen eds (I think BUS-210 can count) and Calculus. But most degrees only require a single math course, which CSM Learn can be used for.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@siege101, all the ACE credit you mentioned can be placed into the electives credits, you've got so many "spots" for that to fill anyways. Just make sure to get enough Sophia.org credits to hit the required general education credits, of the last year it should have been "easier" as they've lowered the requirements for the general education and provided more for electives!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 210 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 191 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,071 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 386 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS in Computer Science Clmouss 5 279 04-01-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 455 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,017 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 783 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Computer Science Degree Needed lifted567 30 2,532 03-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: lifted567