Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU AAS Applied Computer Studies
Go get started with at least 2 months Sophia.org: $99+$99
CSM Learn: $39 - Straightforward non proctored ACE course
FREE TADA/Coursera - again, only work on ACE TADA options
Subtotal: $237 (Amazingly affordable, a couple years' worth of credits right there!)

FREE CLEP/ModernStates.org - if you need any courses to transfer
Add the recommended $25 ASU course for RA 1 graded credit
Add the cost of transcripts and you're done with the BOG AAS and up to 90 credits
For reference and links, follow post #2 and link for more detailed instructions
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
what the hell is a TADA ?
(10-12-2022, 12:34 PM)bluebooger Wrote: what the hell is a TADA ?

TADA is The American Dream Academy

https://theamericandreamacademy.org/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-12-2022, 12:42 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 12:34 PM)bluebooger Wrote: what the hell is a TADA ?

TADA is The American Dream Academy

https://theamericandreamacademy.org/

Here's the WIKI for Coursera/TADA offerings that have ACE credit, they're free for 6 months.
Basically, I would get the ones you need/want or for the experience or knowledge gained.
The price is right if you have the energy/time. Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

Here's a review, thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Experience

Okay, so after updating myself all the new developments since I've last been around here and reading through lots of posts and information, I have a new plan of attack. I'm definitely going to go for the Pierpont BOG AAS with an Area of Emphasis in Information Systems and then progress from there.

I've written out a plan to achieve this, it's not the cheapest but far from the most expensive either. I'm unsure if several old ACE credits will apply but for now I've included them in, since when I did them, they were recommended for credit. If they aren't I'll have to figure out 3 different classes to take, no big deal overall.

Pierpont BOG AAS - 60 Credits Needed
  • Communications - Sophia English Composition I - 3 Credits

• Social Sciences - CLEP American Government - 3 Credits (Completed)

• Computer Literacy - CLEP Information Systems - 3 Credits

• Math and/or Science - CSM Learn - 3 Credits

•                                Sophia Environmental Science - 3 Credits

• Electives - CLEP History of the United States I - 3 Credits (Completed)

•                CLEP History of the United States II - 3 Credits (Completed)

•                CLEP Western Civilization I - 3 Credits

•                CLEP Western Civilization II - 3 Credits

•                DSST A History of the Vietnam War - 3 Credits

•                DSST Introduction to Geography - 3 Credits

•               ASU UL Business Technology Fundamentals - 1 Credit

•               Clackamas CC Introduction to Library Research - 1 Credit

•               Google IT Support Professional Certificate - 12 Credits

•               Sophia Introduction to Web Development - 3 Credits

•               Sophia Introduction to Relational Databases - 3 Credits

•               TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone - 2 Credits (Completed)

•               TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals - 2 Credits (Completed)

•               TEEX Cybersecurity for IT Professionals - 2 Credits (Completed)

•               The Institutes Ethics & the CPCU Code of Conduct - 2 Credits (Completed)

I'm relatively sure everything will transfer over and not duplicate anything except for the TEEX credits and The Institutes credits. When I did them, they were all ACE certified for credits and when I used COSC's Credit Registry they all were listed as 2 credits apiece. If they don't transfer in, I will find 3 more Computer Science related courses to substitute in. I also have 3 credits from the National Fire Academy that I could include in too, if they're accepted.
(10-14-2022, 11:59 AM)siege101 Wrote: Okay, so after updating myself all the new developments since I've last been around here and reading through lots of posts and information, I have a new plan of attack. I'm definitely going to go for the Pierpont BOG AAS with an Area of Emphasis in Information Systems and then progress from there.

I've written out a plan to achieve this, it's not the cheapest but far from the most expensive either. I'm unsure if several old ACE credits will apply but for now I've included them in, since when I did them, they were recommended for credit. If they aren't I'll have to figure out 3 different classes to take, no big deal overall.

Pierpont BOG AAS - 60 Credits Needed
  • Communications - Sophia English Composition I - 3 Credits

• Social Sciences - CLEP American Government - 3 Credits (Completed)

• Computer Literacy - CLEP Information Systems - 3 Credits

• Math and/or Science - CSM Learn - 3 Credits

•                                Sophia Environmental Science - 3 Credits

• Electives - CLEP History of the United States I - 3 Credits (Completed)

•                CLEP History of the United States II - 3 Credits (Completed)

•                CLEP Western Civilization I - 3 Credits

•                CLEP Western Civilization II - 3 Credits

•                DSST A History of the Vietnam War - 3 Credits

•                DSST Introduction to Geography - 3 Credits

•               ASU UL Business Technology Fundamentals - 1 Credit

•               Clackamas CC Introduction to Library Research - 1 Credit

•               Google IT Support Professional Certificate - 12 Credits

•               Sophia Introduction to Web Development - 3 Credits

•               Sophia Introduction to Relational Databases - 3 Credits

•               TEEX Cybersecurity for Everyone - 2 Credits (Completed)

•               TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals - 2 Credits (Completed)

•               TEEX Cybersecurity for IT Professionals - 2 Credits (Completed)

•               The Institutes Ethics & the CPCU Code of Conduct - 2 Credits (Completed)

I'm relatively sure everything will transfer over and not duplicate anything except for the TEEX credits and The Institutes credits. When I did them, they were all ACE certified for credits and when I used COSC's Credit Registry they all were listed as 2 credits apiece. If they don't transfer in, I will find 3 more Computer Science related courses to substitute in. I also have 3 credits from the National Fire Academy that I could include in too, if they're accepted.

Skip The Institutes, as there is no way to get those on a transcript.  Consider those lost forever.

All you need is 15cr in the Area of Emphasis, and Google IT + the 2 Sophia courses you listed will work.  But, an easy add is Sophia's Intro to IT, which is a short course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-14-2022, 04:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Skip The Institutes, as there is no way to get those on a transcript.  Consider those lost forever.

All you need is 15cr in the Area of Emphasis, and Google IT + the 2 Sophia courses you listed will work.  But, an easy add is Sophia's Intro to IT, which is a short course.
For The Institutes class, what about if I already have it on a transcript?
(10-14-2022, 05:34 PM)siege101 Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 04:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Skip The Institutes, as there is no way to get those on a transcript.  Consider those lost forever.

I know you don't have it on a Credly transcript, since they won't make a badge for it.  If you mean you have it on a previous college transcript, well, unfortunately, that's not going to help - schools want to see where the original credit is from.  So having it on a transcript that is not Credly is not helpful.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-14-2022, 07:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 05:34 PM)siege101 Wrote:

I know you don't have it on a Credly transcript, since they won't make a badge for it.  If you mean you have it on a previous college transcript, well, unfortunately, that's not going to help - schools want to see where the original credit is from.  So having it on a transcript that is not Credly is not helpful.
Ahh, gotcha. Understood.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 97 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 92 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 132 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 261 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 217 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,099 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 420 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  BS in Computer Science Clmouss 5 306 04-01-2024, 12:36 AM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 489 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,086 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre