Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Another change for 2019 - Tuition option
I guess your first step would be asking if its possible to take mass comm I and II in the same term.

Also your prices are based on the fact the study.com discount will still exist and TESU doesn't raise their per credit rate. The per credit rate page is still down.
(06-14-2019, 10:13 AM)natshar Wrote: I guess your first step would be asking if its possible to take mass comm I and II in the same term.

Done! Will let you know. Smile
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
The tuition page is back up. No change.

@mysonx3 Its doable. TESU didn't just come up with this, they did it becuase of demand.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(06-14-2019, 08:57 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @natshar why not? The capstone really isn't difficult to be honest. I did mine on a practical project which took extra time and still had like 5-6 days free a week. Everyone is different but most of the people on this forum are dedicated and have had enough and will go the extra mile if that's what needs to be done.

I have mass comm I on my transcripts right now, and it wasn't too hard. It took like a day to do on Shmoop, this isn't Calc IV or Advanced  Accounting II here, its a 100 level comms course, I think you'll be safe doing both.

Wanted to add that advising let me know that students, on average, take about 9 credits per term....and that many students take another course with the capstone.
In state $396/credit
Out of state $499/credit

16 credits might be a lot but 10 seems do able.
I missed this on the study.com specific page: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/ I guess this is either old and never updated or specific to in-state using study.com discount (which is me):

Tuition reduction on in-state pricing for both Per-Credit ($366/credit)

Which differs from the $375 that is listed on this page: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition
(06-14-2019, 10:35 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: I missed this on the study.com specific page: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/ I guess this is either old and never updated or specific to in-state using study.com discount (which is me):

Tuition reduction on in-state pricing for both Per-Credit ($366/credit)

Which differs from the $375 that is listed on this page: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition

Those are old. I'd go with the current one and we still don't know if study.com discount is back for 2019-2020. Also it says the flat rate can't be combined with corporate discounts. So you might have to pay out of state unless a new Jersey resident
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
(06-14-2019, 10:13 AM)natshar Wrote: I guess your first step would be asking if its possible to take mass comm I and II in the same term.

Got the answer - My advisor is really super quick sometimes! Smile

Yes, one can indeed take Mass Communications I and II together within the same term as registration doesn't prevent it, however, they advise against it (which makes sense!).

HTH!
@CarpeDiem8 Average is such a nice word, lets apply a little math.

With a mean of 9 and standard deviation of 3 assuming the curve starts at 3 credits (one course), that means some students will do as high as 18 credits a term using a gauss distribution.

Like I said once its TESU courses advising is very responsive and helpful.

My advisor was a guy named Brian. He was awesome all round for both my TESU options and alt credit.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(06-14-2019, 10:41 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @CarpeDiem8 Average is such a nice word, lets apply a little math.

With a mean of 9 and standard deviation of 3 assuming the curve starts at 3 credits (one course), that means some students will do as high as 18 credits a term using a gauss distribution.

Right, thank you for proving my previous point that this new tuition model is probably bearing in mind that 10+ credits per term is currently being done by many busy professionals with full-time jobs and probably with kids, as well. That's encouraging.

But yes, to your other points and @natshar, it's totally dependent on the person. If one can bang out 5 course of alt credit per month and does fairly well with writing essays/papers, then yes, it's possible that 16 credits in a term is probably doable for them, especially since it is a temporary crunch (3 months)...this change is an advantage for some that can just do it. I hope I can!

I think I'll look into what courses could have more prep done ahead of time, that way when I officially start, I have a nice head start and then 16 creds won't seem so overwhelming.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 615 10 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 140 11 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 538 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 275 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 252 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 404 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 311 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az