Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Computer Science Ultimate Low Cost Help
Hey everyone. So here's the thing. I applied to TESU to finish a BA in computer science. I already have 16 credits on my evaluation and at my current pace by the end of the month, I 'll add 30 more from SL, Shmoop and Sophia (already completed 22). By the end of the year I plan to finish 70 credits.

I got a prepaid debit card to put US on but Study.com won't accept my prepaid debit, so I can't register for any courses with them to get the reduced pricing from TESU. I have no choice but to start the cornerstone in November which I already registered for. Btw I'm located outside the US, and without the reduced pricing from study.com those $1500 courses from TESU seem like a lot. lol.

Anyway, I need to plan from now I will to target my AOS courses from January as I have all the gen eds and electives panned out. Currently for the AOS, I have Network Security from TEEX transferred as CAP-385 and Security Basics as CAP-295 also from TEEX  (2UL and 2LL, 4 credits total).  

All the degree plans I downloaded for computer science mention data structures can be taken at a CC, however, I could not find any data structures courses that can be taken completely online. Does anyone know any?

Additionally all the plans mention the computer architecture and operating systems courses. Are these absolutely necessary? I mean I know people say it's necessary for graduate studies, but I if I will do my masters and doctorate, I plan to do so at Aspen cause the monthly payments seem doable and I don't see them requiring those courses for their masters. How can I get around this? I see CSU Global has Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing as well as Cloud Computing and Big Data, does anyone know if these will transfer as UL to TESU? Also I passed Sophia intro to IT, which on TESU page say it's CIS-110 will it be AOS?

Another thing they place the free insurance course in my "Diversity" section and not my Ethics Section. Can I ask to change this?

Ideally all I want to take from TESU is the Cornerstone and Capstone. 

Here's my plan for AOS, the filled in TEEX was from my evaluation, how can I reduce cost?

AREA OF STUDY: COMPUTER SCIENCE (36 cr)

A. Required Courses (15 cr)

CIS-101   Intro to Computers  3  ED4CREDIT?   $195 
COS-241  Data Structures       3  TESU             $1,497 
MAT-231  Calculus I               3  SL                 $169 (plan to take one month for CALC I and one month for CALC II)
MAT-232  Calculus II              3  SL                 $169 
MAT-270  Discrete Math          3  AMU              $810 

B. Liberal Arts Capstone

LIB-495   Liberal Arts Capstone  3  TESU           $1,497 

C. Computer Science Electives (21 cr)

CIS-301   Management Information Systems   3   Saylor    $25 
CAP-385   Network Security                          2    TEEX      $0      DONE 
CMP-354  Network Technology                      3   TECEP    $114 
COS-330  Computer Architecture                   3    TESU     $1,497 
COS-352   Operating Systems                       3    TESU      $1,497 
CIS-351    Software Engineering                   3     Saylor    $25 
CAP-295    Intro to Security Basics                2    TEEX      $0    DONE
COS-213    C++ Programming                      4     SL          $99       IN PROGRESS
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

You can get the Study.com pricing by getting the Guardian Scholarship. It will save you on the cornerstone and residency waiver. I believe $600 for those, plus save you about $400 for the capstone course.

Yeah, if the degree requires it, then you have to do it to graduate from that school. Rarely you can get a different course substituted.

Data Structures can be taken online at Foothill and some other fully online community colleges. The problem I found is that most schools have a prerequisite for it, and a prerequisite for the prerequisite. So I think that I may be taking 3 courses just to fulfill the one requirement (when I start my BA-CS at TESU).

Foothill also has Computer Architecture but has a prerequisite.

Foothill is also inexpensive for people taking under 6 quarter hours a term.

Yes you can ask them to move a course around.

The CSU-Global CBE in Systems Analysis and Design will count as UL.

I can't I'm not a US citizen or Permanent US resident. Also Like I mentioned Study.com dosen't accept payment from my debit card.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

You should be able to find cheaper comp sci courses outside of TESC. Central Methodist U and Fort Hays have cheap per credit options when I was shopping comp sci courses. I am not sure info systems and networking classes can be used for comp sci requirements. I am not sure but double check as I think those courses are only good for IT degree. Other than that you have it pretty well laid out. If you get confirmation on those networking classes from TEEX please let me know as that may get me more interested again in second bach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cardiacclep's post:
  • Yenisei
(10-17-2017, 09:55 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I can't I'm not a US citizen or Permanent US resident. Also Like I mentioned Study.com dosen't accept payment from my debit card.

Well for the Guardian Scholarship I did not have to give a credit or debit card. The scholarship has no application fee, processing fee, etc. However, I am not sure if they accept foreign students.

Your Saylor list made me look at their site. It looks like Saylor has up to 4 courses that could be applied to TESC for comp sci courses. I noticed an Intro to Comp Sci at Saylor.....that could save you some money there.
Yeah, I am curious like the other poster, did they say that CAP-385 and CAP-295 would actually fulfill Computer Science electives? Usually CAP won't qualify.

I can confirm that's how the TEEX transfer. As listed above that's exactly how it appeared on my evaluation. Cyber security for everyone came in as CAP-295 in AOS and for IT professionals came in as CAP-385 Network Security. As for the info systems and networking I took them from a couple degree plans around the forum, like about 4 or so spreadsheets listed them. I too was a little skeptical with the Network Technology and Management Information Systems as CS AOS, Anyone can confirm this?

Also again, can anyone confirm if I HAVE to do computer architecture and operating systems? oh and @Ideas is that cornerstone enough for enrollment?

Attaching screenshot.

Attached Files
.jpg   screenshot_tesu.jpg (Size: 203.74 KB / Downloads: 44)
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(10-17-2017, 10:08 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: I can confirm that's how the TEEX transfer. As listed above that's exactly how it appeared on my evaluation. Cyber security for everyone came in as CAP-295 in AOS and for IT professionals came in as CAP-385 Network Security. As for the info systems and networking I took them from a couple degree plans around the forum, like about 4 or so spreadsheets listed them. I too was a little skeptical with the Network Technology and Management Information Systems as CS AOS, Anyone can confirm this?

Also again, can anyone confirm if I HAVE to do computer architecture and operating systems? oh and @Ideas is that cornerstone enough for enrollment?

Attaching screenshot.

TESC lists CAP as  computer applications courses so still not sure if it would count as comp sci (COS). I would be curious and thrilled if it did. If not, you will have to figure out other elective sources.
Wow, that's wonderful about CAP-295 and CAP-385, although is it unofficial placement or official?

Software Engineering does count.

Well, I think there may be ways you can get around the foreign debit card situation, maybe... if it's worth it to you. I would hate to pay for the Cornerstone as it's like $300 for a 1 hour course, but yeah it would at least give you enrollment.

A TECEP would also enroll you and be only $117. Some TECEPs are pretty easy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,973 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,100 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,371 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore