Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA in Liberal Studies
Hello, I have 105 credits towards BALS, 15 SH remaining, 12 SH to be planned. I am looking on recommendations to finish up as fast as possible. Provide below is my program summary. 

Attached Files
.pdf   Students WebAdvisor.pdf (Size: 254.81 KB / Downloads: 39)
Ethical Leadership: Do Free Ethics Course. You easily finish it in a day or less.

UL Liberal Studies: Do TEEX Death Investigation only $75 and many people on this forum have finished it in only a few hours.

Note both of these options would require creating an ACE account and sending transcripts so that would cost $20.

GE electives:

If you have any subject you know a lot about if you have a test center nearby just take a CLEP or DSST.
They offer the exams in a variety of subjects, just choose something you already know a lot about. GE electives is very flexible so any CLEP/DSST in areas like math, science, humanities, history, English, foreign languages, communications etc. I would recommend the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP its worth 6 credits and really easy. Lots of people on this forum have taken it cold and passed (myself included). If you are decent at math the college math CLEP is 6 credits and not too difficult either. You could easily fill this category with a single exam if you choose a CLEP worth 6 credits.

Capstone: take at TESU, can't take anywhere else. Sign for the August term to get December Graduation. You might be able to sign up right now.

It is probably completely doable to do TEEX Death Investigation, Institutes Insurance Ethics and take either A&I Lit or college math CLEP all in one day. If you had a day where you didn't have to work, with planning and time management this all could be in a day, but that is too much it could be done in a weekend or the span of a few days. I don't think it gets much faster than that.
(07-21-2019, 03:42 PM)natshar- The only problem is, I think i am very close to how many classes I have transferred to TESU to earn a degree. Im just trying to "check that box" for my career. Is clepping considered transfer credit? Wrote: Ethical Leadership: Do Free Ethics Course. You easily finish it in a day or less. Painless and easy.

UL Liberal Studies: Do TEEX Death Investigation only $75 and many people on this forum have finished it in only a few hours.

Note both of these options would require creating an ACE account and sending transcripts so that would cost $20.

GE electives:

If you have any subject you know a lot about if you have a test center nearby just take a CLEP or DSST.
They offer the exams in a variety of subjects, just choose something you already know a lot about. GE electives is very flexible so any CLEP/DSST in areas like math, science, humanities, history, English, foreign languages, communications etc. I would recommend the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP its worth 6 credits and really easy. Lots of people on this forum have taken it cold and passed (myself included). If you are decent at math the college math CLEP is 6 credits and not too difficult either. You could easily fill this category with a single exam if you choose a CLEP worth 6 credits.

Capstone: take at TESU, can't take anywhere else. Sign for the August term to get December Graduation. You might be able to sign up right now.
Yes CLEP is transfer credit. Are you asking to take courses at TESU? If you take 16 credits at TESU you don't have the $2800 waiver.
Yes, I would prefer to take the rest of my courses at TESU because it is paid for through my Tuition Assistance program. Are any of the courses besides the capstone TECEP?
If you are talking TESU:

UL Liberal Arts: ENG-298 Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice since you only need 1 credit this is the only 1 credit UL course TESU offers.

GE electives: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after
Anything on this page that doesn't duplicate what you have already taken. Social Psych is a single course with 6 credits if you'd rather have one course instead of two 3 credit ones.

Ethical Leadership: Any of the 8 courses listed under the Ethical Leadership subheading on the link above for GE electives.

My advice would be to take the Jane Austen, 6 cr GE electives, ethical leadership, and capstone all at once if you have the ability too. That's 13 credits and combined with the 3 credits from SOS-110 and 1 from TES-100 you would have 17 credits and wouldn't have to pay the wavier fee of $2800. This would save you both time and money as TESU offers a new flat-rate tuition option if you took 13 credits at once. Even if you don't want to take all those courses at once, as long as you did them all at TESU you wouldn't have to pay the waiver fee.

Yes, you could take TECEP for some of them, but TECEPs don't count for residency so if you did that you would have to pay $2800 fee. Also, some tuition assistance programs don't count TECEPs, you would have to check but it might not. I'd recommend just taking courses so you know tuition assistance would work and also saving you $2800.

If you really want to do TECEP, then just double check your tuition assistance covers it. Also, be aware that you would have to pay $2800 fee that would probably not be covered by tuition assistance at all, so probably out of your own pocket.
Thank you very much, this has helped me out more than you can imagine! I have already taken sos-110, i am currently enrolled in CIS 107. By taking the 6 credit course, would that satisfy the rest of my BA General Education?
(07-21-2019, 04:13 PM)reid.cagle Wrote: Thank you very much, this has helped me out more than you can imagine! I have already taken sos-110, i am currently enrolled in CIS 107. By taking the 6 credit course, would that satisfy the rest of my BA General Education?

Wait if you are already taking CIS 107 as an actual course then you would need less you only need 16 credits at TESU to avoid the wavier.

you could do:

1 credit Jane Austen UL Liberal Arts
6 credit Social Psych (one course)
3 credit capstone

And those 10 credits all at once seems pretty manageable if you ask me.

and then you could do 3 credits ethics from a TECEP or transfer it in from the free insurance ethics.
If you really wanted to you could even do TEEX death investigation or transfer in your UL course, but I heard the Jane Austen course isn't hard and the flat rate tuition starts at 10 credits.

Is CIS 107 the actual course or TECEP?
I am taking the actual course... i should have done tecep. looking at my degree program it says I have 15 credits left and only need to plan 12 more so im assuming it is accounting for the CIS-107 i am currently enrolled in. I think all i would need is to fulfill a course in BA General Education at 3 credits.
You need 16 at TESu to avoid the wavier. You have 7 so you need at least 9 more.

3 credits Capstone
6 credits Social Psych

That would make 9 TESU and bring it to 16.

Then you could take the Jane Austen 1 credit at TESU or transfer it in from a 3 credit course.
And then transfer in the free ethics.

According to your eval there is two spots open and CIS 107 is already in there so it looks like 6 credits to me. They probably don't count planning the capstone because you can only take it at TESU anyways.

I'm not sure I would ask an advisor. But it says 6 credits and there are two blank spots even with CIS 107

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 631 56 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 147 59 minutes ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 616 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 540 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 276 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 253 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 405 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 311 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az