Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA in Liberal Studies
Sorry i missed the CIS 107. So if you were in my shoes you would take. 3 credit capstone, 6 credit social psych, 1 credit jane austin, and free ethics?
Yes. Except first I would email advising what you plan to do just to double-check everything first. Make sure this gives you what you need to graduate and avoids the residency wavier fee.

Pre-plan in the ethics course send them the link or ACE recommendation: https://www.theinstitutes.org/guide/ethi...al-conduct
Then create an ACE transcript after to you finish and pay $20 to send to TESU after you finish it.

But actually, since you are taking 10 credits its the flat rate (10-16 credits cost the same amount in a term) so you could take ethics at TESU if you wanted and it would be the same price. Not sure why you would want to, but if you did it wouldn't cost anything extra. It would take more time and cause more stress though.
Great thank you. I guess I am unfamiliar with the ethics course and ACE. Do you have any guidance on that?
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr...Institutes
https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ATION.main
1. Take the ethics course using the link above (select the free option)

2. Create an ACE account here: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ATION.main

3. In your ACE add the course to your transcript.
Organization name: American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters/The Institutes
Course name: Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (online course) (Ethics 312)

4. In ACE click order transcripts and send to TESU. Here is the information of where to send to TESU https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/send-transcript
Houston, we have a problem. This is how I would fix it... Before I provide any advice, I like the get the full picture... I need to know your end goal, most likely it's not just the BALS check the box degree. If it is or is not, answer these questions before any recommendation can be provided to you. I agree with getting all the FREE credits done, as it will hit your Gen Ed and Free Electives requirements just fine - complete them all - pronto.

1) What is your educational goal? Are you looking at getting the Masters in something after this degree or later on down the road?
2) You have completed a few courses (2) or in the process of completing them. What other courses are you planning to take at TESU? Are these courses or TECEPS?
3) Do you have an educational budget, since I read you're going for financial aid or tuition assistance, have you thought how you're going to spend it, or the excess if you have any?

4) One critical item that's missing is, are you going to pay the residency waiver or are you taking the residency credits.
5) As in #4, the critical item here that was overlooked earlier is, you're on the Military Comprehensive plan it's not 16 credits residency but 24 credits.
6) I noticed you have an Associates of Arts, is that pending or completed? Would you want to "strike another off your list FREE?"
7) Since we're talking about FREE, would you like to strike out 12 credits GRADUATE credit at the same time as getting your BALS?

You pretty much have the answers provided to you by Natshar, but there are other options - you want to bring everything to the table and select the one that gets you there, cheap/easy/fast and for me, I like to add that extra value. I'll explain further after your answers.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • natshar, PrettyFlyforaChiGuy, suzycupcake
(07-21-2019, 05:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Houston, we have a problem.  This is how I would fix it... Before I provide any advice, I like the get the full picture... I need to know your end goal, most likely it's not just the BALS check the box degree.  If it is or is not, answer these questions before any recommendation can be provided to you.  I agree with getting all the FREE credits done, as it will hit your Gen Ed and Free Electives requirements just fine - complete them all - pronto.

1) What is your educational goal? Are you looking at getting the Masters in something after this degree or later on down the road?
2) You have completed a few courses (2) or in the process of completing them.  What other courses are you planning to take at TESU?  Are these courses or TECEPS?
3) Do you have an educational budget, since I read you're going for financial aid or tuition assistance, have you thought how you're going to spend it, or the excess if you have any?

4) One critical item that's missing is, are you going to pay the residency waiver or are you taking the residency credits.
5) As in #4, the critical item here that was overlooked earlier is, you're on the Military Comprehensive plan it's not 16 credits residency but 24 credits.  
6) I noticed you have an Associates of Arts, is that pending or completed? Would you want to "strike another off your list FREE?"
7) Since we're talking about FREE, would you like to strike out 12 credits GRADUATE credit at the same time as getting your BALS?

You pretty much have the answers provided to you by Natshar, but there are other options - you want to bring everything to the table and select the one that gets you there, cheap/easy/fast and for me, I like to add that extra value.  I'll explain further after your answers.

You are right. I didn't realize OP was on the military plan. 

If that's the case then TECEPs count for residency so take all the TECEPs instead of courses. TECEPs only count for residency for the military.

Is your Associates of Arts pending or completed and is it from TESU or elsewhere? You can add a TESU associates degree (or one with two areas of study) it looks you might already have an AAS with all your technical/vocational credits, just do the associate capstone which would count towards your 24 credits. It might actually be a good balance to have a technical associates and liberal arts degree.

You need 24 credits, you currently have 7 credits done. If you did 3 cr capstone, 6 cr GE electives TECEP, a 3 credit UL TECEP (instead of 1 cr. Jane Austen course), 3 cr Ethics TECEP all at TESU plus then the 3 cr associate capstone that would put you at 25 credits total.

This, of course, is if you just want to get it done with and finish your degree and meet all the requirements without paying the wavier as quick as possible.

You could always take Bj's advice and get some grad credits as well, it depends on your goals.
(07-21-2019, 05:59 PM)bjcheung77- 1. My goal is to finish this degree and pursue a masters in something completely different. 2. I plan on taking all of the rest of my courses at TESU. 3. Yes, i have a plan to use the rest of it towards a masters degree. 6. I have a confirmed Associates of Arts.  I guess i missed the whole residency part as well. Wrote: Houston, we have a problem.  This is how I would fix it... Before I provide any advice, I like the get the full picture... I need to know your end goal, most likely it's not just the BALS check the box degree.  If it is or is not, answer these questions before any recommendation can be provided to you.  I agree with getting all the FREE credits done, as it will hit your Gen Ed and Free Electives requirements just fine - complete them all - pronto.

2) You have completed a few courses (2) or in the process of completing them.  What other courses are you planning to take at TESU?  Are these courses or TECEPS?

You pretty much have the answers provided to you by Natshar, but there are other options - you want to bring everything to the table and select the one that gets you there, cheap/easy/fast and for me, I like to add that extra value.  I'll explain further after your answers.

You are right. I didn't realize OP was on the military plan. 

If that's the case then TECEPs count for residency so take all the TECEPs instead of courses. TECEPs only count for residency for the military.

Is your Associates of Arts pending or completed and is it from TESU or elsewhere? You can add a TESU associates degree (or one with two areas of study) it looks you might already have an AAS with all your technical/vocational credits, just do the associate capstone which would count towards your 24 credits. It might actually be a good balance to have a technical associates and liberal arts degree.

You need 24 credits, you currently have 7 credits done. If you did 3 cr capstone, 6 cr GE electives TECEP, a 3 credit UL TECEP (instead of 1 cr. Jane Austen course), 3 cr Ethics TECEP all at TESU plus then the 3 cr associate capstone that would put you at 25 credits total.

This, of course, is if you just want to get it done with and finish your degree and meet all the requirements without paying the wavier as quick as possible.

You could always take Bj's advice and get some grad credits as well, it depends on your goals.

Yes, I have had my associates for about 4 years now. I think the best bet would just to TECEP all the course you have laid out in order to complete in a timely manner. Paying the residency fee is not worth it.
If you did all the TECEP's you need plus the capstone you would still need 2 more credits which is why I suggested maybe the associates capstone to get an associate from TESU. But you could probably just another TECEP if you wanted, I just thought this way you would get something extra out of it.

I'm not sure though. You would have to go through the what if evaluations and see what (if any) AS/AAS you already have done besides the capstone. If there aren't any or you just aren't interested in this option, just choose another TECEP.

Social Pysch doesn't have a TECEP so you probably have to do two 3 credit TECEPS. The only ethics TECEP is Environmental Ethics. The only UL TECEPS that would work for Liberal Arts (I think, because business doesn't count) is Abnormal Pysch or Network Technology(?). For GE electives you have options, any TECEP that is not business or applied science would work.

https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php

Heres a plan:

Ethics: Environmental Ethics
UL Liberal Arts: Abnormal Psych
GE electives: Any 2 on the list except under the business, computer science technology and applied science headings.
Extra to avoid residency fee: Either associate capstone or any TECEP you want beside medical terminology.

and of course TESU capstone.
BTW, Which Masters program are you looking at again? Do you have one already in mind? Doing TECEP's and completing the degree is one option. My suggestion is to spend lesser for the Bachelors and use that extra cash for the Masters... So, TECEP it all and do your capstone, then you're done with your Bachelors my friend - this would be the first choice...

Another is to get the residency credits through taking the remainder of the courses at TESU. It all depends on how much you want to spend. Depending on your current GPA and the degree you're looking at, the amount of cash you want to throw at the degree, you can think of getting extra credits towards the Masters (up to 12 of your Bachelors, it'll be transferable to other schools).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 777 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch