Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA in Liberal Studies
(07-21-2019, 07:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: BTW, Which Masters program are you looking at again?  Do you have one already in mind?  Doing TECEP's and completing the degree is one option.  My suggestion is to spend lesser for the Bachelors and use that extra cash for the Masters...  So, TECEP it all and do your capstone, then you're done with your Bachelors my friend - this would be the first choice...  

Another is to get the residency credits through taking the remainder of the courses at TESU.  It all depends on how much you want to spend.  Depending on your current GPA and the degree you're looking at, the amount of cash you want to throw at the degree, you can think of getting extra credits towards the Masters (up to 12 of your Bachelors, it'll be transferable to other schools).

My plan is to apply at different schools for a masters in aviation of some sort. Money is not the issue and time well, bachelors first then slowly work towards a masters.

(07-21-2019, 07:32 PM)natshar Wrote: If you did all the TECEP's you need plus the capstone you would still need 2 more credits which is why I suggested maybe the associates capstone to get an associate from TESU. But you could probably just another TECEP if you wanted, I just thought this way you would get something extra out of it.

I'm not sure though. You would have to go through the what if evaluations and see what (if any) AS/AAS you already have done besides the capstone. If there aren't any or you just aren't interested in this option, just choose another TECEP.

Social Pysch doesn't have a TECEP so you probably have to do two 3 credit TECEPS. The only ethics TECEP is Environmental Ethics. The only UL TECEPS that would work for Liberal Arts (I think, because business doesn't count) is Abnormal Pysch or Network Technology(?). For GE electives you have options, any TECEP that is not business or applied science would work.

https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php

Heres a plan:

Ethics: Environmental Ethics
UL Liberal Arts: Abnormal Psych
GE electives: Any 2 on the list except under the business, computer science technology and applied science headings.
Extra to avoid residency fee: Either associate capstone or any TECEP you want beside medical terminology.

and of course TESU capstone.

Thank you yet again, this route is appealing but I have never taken a TECEP, do you have any prior knowledge on them?
If you click on the link of all the TECEPs and then click on the individual tests. It will give you a pdf with format of the test as well as whats on it. All tests vary in format, time limit and % to pass. Abnormal Psych, for example, is 100 multiple choice questions, 60% to pass and 2 hours. All TECEPS are CR/NC with no grade so it doesn't matter what % you get as long as you pass.

You sign up for TECEPs by term and you have until the end of the term to finish. So if you signed up for TECEPs now you could start them in August if you want and have until the end of October to finish them. If you signed up for Capstone as well you would graduate in December. If signed up for the capstone after that you wouldn't graduate until March.

If you look TECEPs guide it also gives you suggested study materials and there is also the internet of course.
(07-21-2019, 08:49 PM)natshar Wrote: If you click on the link of all the TECEPs and then click on the individual tests. It will give you a pdf with format of the test as well as whats on it. All tests vary in format, time limit and % to pass. Abnormal Psych, for example, is 100 multiple choice questions, 60% to pass and 2 hours. All TECEPS are CR/NC with no grade so it doesn't matter what % you get as long as you pass.

You sign up for TECEPs by term and you have until the end of the term to finish. So if you signed up for TECEPs now you could start them in August if you want and have until the end of October to finish them. If you signed up for Capstone as well you would graduate in December. If signed up for the capstone after that you wouldn't graduate until March.

If you look TECEPs guide it also gives you suggested study materials and there is also the internet of course.

Just got my degree program reevaluated and the advisor said that i only need 6 cr GE electives, 4 cr in upper liberal studies, and 3 cr capstone.  just looking for recommendations since this has changed some things up for me. Mostly looking to tecep most of the courses besides capstone obviously. and which capstone do you prefer, GS or OL. Thanks.

(07-22-2019, 07:32 PM)reid.cagle Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 08:49 PM)natshar Wrote: If you click on the link of all the TECEPs and then click on the individual tests. It will give you a pdf with format of the test as well as whats on it. All tests vary in format, time limit and % to pass. Abnormal Psych, for example, is 100 multiple choice questions, 60% to pass and 2 hours. All TECEPS are CR/NC with no grade so it doesn't matter what % you get as long as you pass.

Just got my degree program reevaluated and the advisor said that i only need 6 cr GE electives, 4 cr in upper liberal studies, and 3 cr capstone.  just looking for recommendations since this has changed some things up for me. Mostly looking to tecep most of the courses besides capstone obviously. and which capstone do you prefer, GS or OL. Thanks.

Attached Files
.pdf   Degree Program.pdf (Size: 251.9 KB / Downloads: 11)
Okay it looks like they moved your UL ethics from LA AOS into the ethics requirement. Other than that it's the same.

Also I totally just realized Managerial Communications from the business section counts as UL LA AOS or at least it should. So feel free to do that in place of abnormal psych if you want. And network technology should coun for for UL as well. So you've got 3 options.

Heres what you do. Option 1:
Simply ask them to move the ethics from the ethics requirement to the UL AOS.
Then follow the same previous plan as above (one UL TECEP, environmental ethics, 2 ge electives tecep, LA capstone and extra TECEP or associate capstone to equal 24)

Option 2:
Keep things as is.
Take 2 UL TECEPs, 2 GE electives, the LA capstone and then another TECEP or associate capstone to equal 24 credits.

Both are basically the same thing. The only thing you have to ask yourself is which do you want to do the Environmental Ethics TECEP or 2 UL TECEPs. Financially speaking LL TECEPs cost less and are probably easier so I'd go with option one. But if environmental ethics aren't your thing go for option 2.

The only TECEPs that count for UL in LA AOS that I know of: Abnormal Psych, Managerial Communications and Networking Technology. Also feel free to ask what (if any) other UL TECEPs count for Liberal Arts AOS. In my opinion, Abnormal Psych seems the easiest of the UL options no essays and only 60% to pass vs 70% for the others, but thats just me and I have not taken any.

Most people take the online because a bigger chunk of your grade is based on discussion points which apparently are easy points. The benefits to online capstone is less weight is on your project and slightly more on easy points which is why online seems to be the most popular among this forum vs GS. If you search this forum people have already made threads about this topic and you can make your own decision.
(07-22-2019, 09:34 PM)natshar Wrote: ...
Both are basically the same thing. The only thing you have to ask yourself is which do you want to do the Environmental Ethics TECEP or 2 UL TECEPs. Financially speaking LL TECEPs cost less and are probably easier so I'd go with option one. But if environmental ethics aren't your thing go for option 2.

I will say that the Env Ethics TECEP is not easy. You have to cover a lot of material and do 5 essay questions.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
reid.cagle Wrote:My plan is to apply at different schools for a masters in aviation of some sort. Money is not the issue and time well, bachelors first then slowly work towards a masters.

Reid, I thoroughly reviewed the initial attachment and then the second attachment again.  I noticed another couple of things, so I have questions as well.  In regards to 1) Why did you choose a BALS in the first place, is it because that's the easiest degree to complete for you?  2) As I mentioned earlier, you may be very close to another Associates in Aviation Maintenance Technology, if your previous Associates was in Arts, it has nothing to do with Aviation I would assume?

So, back to #1.  I would recommend you doing the BSBA General Management as you have all the AOS completed, you can finish the degree off with the cheap/easy/fast open book exams at StraighterLine, and any other requirements at Study.com if needed.  The utility of the BSBA would be greater and the degree has programmatic/secondary ACBSP accreditation.  I suggest doing a "What If" academic evaluation in your TESU OSS and attaching a few screenshots as your PDF shows your personal info and the fields on the right are missing.

Back to #2) You should also do a "What if" academic evaluation in your TESU OSS for the AS Aviation Maintenance Technology, if my guess is right, you just need the Capstone and you're done.  Since you need your Residency Requirements met, that can be used towards residency.

And here's the kicker, you're looking at a Masters later on - there are 6 Masters below and 5 are RA, 1 NA.  You want to look at the requirements to get into a similar program from these institutions.  Cost range from $20K upwards of over $30K for the entire masters degree program, the majority only requires a Bachelors degree in "anything".

Why am I telling you this about the Masters? You can get 12 graduate credits from TESU towards these Masters, those 12 can be used towards your BSBA if you wanted at the cost undergraduate tuition vs graduate tuition.   You use the 7 credits plus these 12 and the capstone, you'll have 22 of the 24 required.  You can take an easy TECEP or finish the Associates to get the remainder of the residency credits.   This will save you 1/3rd the price on the masters, finish your degree faster and easier....
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The associates idea is the same thing as what I suggested. I said he was close to a technical associates I wasn't sure which one but you probably right about aviation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,323 8 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 477 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27