Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - BACS Out of State Discounts? Upper Division in Major or General?
Nope, Linear Algebra can't be used as a substitute for Calculus as Calculus is already a requirement in the BACS. You can't replace that requirement with another course, you can add another course in addition to it, but that requirement still needs to be taken. If you don't already have Calculus I take it from Study.com, it's worth 6 credits.

BTW, how many Strayer challenge exams have you written? I noticed they have the CIS375 Human Computer Interaction course as an exam too. Did you take any courses from them before, enrolled with them? I think before you do these exams, you need to apply $50, and you have to enroll with them by taking at least one course. Is that correct?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(03-21-2020, 06:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:  The only two courses required at the Big 3 are currently their respective Cornerstone and Capstone courses.  This is once again for all degrees at the Bachelors level from the Big 3, it is not limited to the BA degrees, for Associates just the Cornerstone is required unless the Associates has a Capstone as well...  

I thought Excelsior required you to take Information Literacy through them
(03-21-2020, 08:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nope, Linear Algebra can't be used as a substitute for Calculus as Calculus is already a requirement in the BACS.  You can't replace that requirement with another course, you can add another course in addition to it, but that requirement still needs to be taken.  If you don't already have Calculus I take it from Study.com, it's worth 6 credits.

BTW, how many Strayer challenge exams have you written? I noticed they have the CIS375 Human Computer Interaction course as an exam too.  Did you take any courses from them before, enrolled with them?  I think before you do these exams, you need to apply $50, and you have to enroll with them by taking at least one course.  Is that correct?

CIS375 at Strayer was the course I was referring to in my original post. I have not taken any courses with them. After I posted the question I did a few searches here on degreeforum.net for Strayer because I wanted to know if you had to be a student. I saw an old post mentioning a $50 enrollment fee and then going straight to the challenge exams. One person did mention that they had to do some extra finagling in order to get credit on a transcript for the course. I haven't seen anyone mention this route recently, though. If I could get credit for at least the two UL CS courses available CIS375 and CIS312 Network Server Admin (doesn't have a link to the course so I wonder if it's still available) then it would be worth it. I was told to call and speak with a student advisor by a chat agent today. I'll call on Monday. 

https://www.strayer.edu/admissions/earn-...enge-exams

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,308 3 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 524 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27