Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Finance - FINISHED!
I finished my last 2 classes (Capstone and Fundraising for Non-Profits), paid my fees, applied for graduation in September. It's been an interesting ride since 2018 and were it not for COVID, I wouldn't have completed this degree given I only had three classes completed from 2018 to March 2020. That said once I got momentum and confidence the train wasn't going to stop.

This forum with some of the strategies and advice that I've encountered have helped immensely. Now I'm moving on to a Master's in the fall to continue the journey.

Keep going, don't stop. There are so many success stories in these groups.

Big Big Grin
[-] The following 8 users Like bigrivergroup's post:
  • cerich67, Dorothy44, FastTrackDegree, Flelm, k-k-k-katy, LevelUP, P226mem, ss20ts
Awesome! Congratulations on finishing your degree!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Congratulations!
Congratulations!! Thank you for your response to my question too.
(06-28-2021, 02:30 PM)bigrivergroup Wrote: I finished my last 2 classes (Capstone and Fundraising for Non-Profits), paid my fees, applied for graduation in September. It's been an interesting ride since 2018 and were it not for COVID, I wouldn't have completed this degree given I only had three classes completed from 2018 to March 2020. That said once I got momentum and confidence the train wasn't going to stop.

This forum with some of the strategies and advice that I've encountered have helped immensely. Now I'm moving on to a Master's in the fall to continue the journey.

Keep going, don't stop. There are so many success stories in these groups.

Big Big Grin

Congratulations! Welcome to TESU Class of 21!
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
Congrats. Great job
Congratulations! well done.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Interesting, I haven't seen anyone use "Fundraising" as a Finance course! Great going, you got the job done! As long as TESU approves the course, that's what matters! I look forward to your next journey and educational adventure!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Congratulations!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I promised that I would post my plan and final Eval -- 9/17 is the day that degrees show up on transcripts for September graduation -- Overall it looks like I received my undergrad business degree under $10k, which is great. Many will scoff at a degree that doesn't cost $100k, but I also know how hard I worked to get everything done, especially as a business owner and middle-aged adult. Plus I'm paying full tuition for a Master's program at a fairly prestigious school, Yeshiva Univ.

I think the only small regret I had was not taking the TESU Advanced Financial Management course instead of the Fundraising for Non-Profits. Non-Profits was a great class but going into my finance-oriented Master's in Real Estate, I could've used a little more practice with relevant topics. The danger of knocking out a degree is that some things might not stick due to lack of practice and comprehensive learning on topics. I'd say the more practice the better..especially with finance. I also had to make a choice back in April that in order to graduate in Sept, I needed to take the Non-Profit course because of its availability or I could wait for the AFM course and graduate in December. That would push my Grad school plans to Spring 2022..which was a long way off at that point.

Anyway, I hope my plan and notes help anyone on their journey. You'll see in my Eval, they kept my Criminal Investigation course at community college. That was the 1st college course I took after graduating high school in 1987.   Big Grin

See you in the Grad forum.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU-BSBAEvaluation_09172021.pdf (Size: 833.23 KB / Downloads: 45)
.xlsx   Degree Plan (Finance)_092021-graduation_Update.xlsx (Size: 14.37 KB / Downloads: 43)
[-] The following 2 users Like bigrivergroup's post:
  • Flelm, NC Coach

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 240 Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 212 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 254 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 361 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 533 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 917 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP