Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA General Management Question
Are the classes database management and management information systems from study.com supposed to apply to the GM GMS Required and GMS Elective area? They both applied as seen through the screenshot attached but I didn't think those were management classes. Should I contact TESU and ask about this? TIA for any responses!

(05-27-2021, 07:05 PM)diamonds Wrote: Are the classes database management and management information systems from study.com supposed to apply to the GM GMS Required and GMS Elective area? They both applied as seen through the screenshot attached but I didn't think those were management classes. Should I contact TESU and ask about this? TIA for any responses!

Attached Files
.png   General Management.png (Size: 132.84 KB / Downloads: 32)
That's strange. I don't think that those are supposed to be there at all. I'm assuming that you're going for both the GM and the CIS BSBA? Or the GM and a BA CS? If you're pursuing a double degree, I would just continue taking the GM courses that you planned and ignore those there for now.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-27-2021, 07:22 PM)rachel83az Wrote: That's strange. I don't think that those are supposed to be there at all. I'm assuming that you're going for both the GM and the CIS BSBA? Or the GM and a BA CS? If you're pursuing a double degree, I would just continue taking the GM courses that you planned and ignore those there for now.

Yes I'm going for both the BSBA GM and the BA CS. I was just about to take the finals for both small business finance and small business management on study.com but I didn't want to waste my money if those two classes really did apply to my degree. Does that mean that when you choose academic evaluation on webadvisor the classes in the academic evaluation may not really apply to the degree?
It's not super common but, yes, the evaluation on webadvisor isn't always 100% accurate. TESU will do a final degree audit when you apply to graduate. If they decide that you're missing classes then you're not allowed to graduate until the issue is resolved. So you kind of have two options: wait until your graduation degree audit and cross your fingers or else contact an advisor about the situation right now. Waiting could delay your graduation significantly if those classes aren't deemed appropriate. But the advisor might give you the wrong information if you contact them now. So it's a toss-up as to which one is "better".
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • diamonds
I know with 100% certainty that MIS has always been available for General Management - it's on the list on the website. I think DB has been used for quite a while as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • diamonds
(05-28-2021, 11:31 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I know with 100% certainty that MIS has always been available for General Management - it's on the list on the website.  I think DB has been used for quite a while as well.

Thank you! I will just hope for the best and if it really doesn't apply I should have time to take the final for the class to replace DB since I already finished everything but the finals for both small business management and small business finance. Sucks that I didn't have that information before I took those quizzes and finished the papers for those classes  Sad TESU is really slow at evaluations sometimes
From that screenshot, it seems you're already done with the degree. Are there any outstanding courses remaining for you?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 16 175 7 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 410 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 370 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,921 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 783 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 853 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 628 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 168 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,253 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP