Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Eliminates SOME Study.com Transfer Credits [unconfirmed]
I can't find any posts of anyone actually taking COS-330 at TESU. Tons of CIS-351 but none COS-330 Computer Architecture. 

Did anyone take this class, and was it hard? Seems to have two exams required and 50% of total grade. Were the exams calculation heavy or vocabulary heavy?
(01-03-2022, 06:18 PM)Lee586 Wrote: I can't find any posts of anyone actually taking COS-330 at TESU. Tons of CIS-351 but none COS-330 Computer Architecture. 

Did anyone take this class, and was it hard? Seems to have two exams required and 50% of total grade. Were the exams calculation heavy or vocabulary heavy?

There are a handful of old posts (from 3-5 years ago) where people discuss TESU's class. There isn't much info, IIRC, but it didn't sound like a fun class. From what little I saw, it sounds difficult.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
No project as far as I know
I checked Rate My Professors for reviews from people who've taken COS-330. I opened the pages for the 24 professors tagged as part of the Computer Science department, used CTRL+F for "COS", and ended up with reviews for three mentors who've taught COS-330. It might have been different had I searched for "330" while filtering, but in general, I think your experience will also depend on the mentor:
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(01-03-2022, 06:59 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: I checked Rate My Professors for reviews from people who've taken COS-330. I opened the pages for the 24 professors tagged as part of the Computer Science department, used CTRL+F for "COS", and ended up with reviews for three mentors who've taught COS-330. It might have been different had I searched for "330" while filtering, but in general, I think your experience will also depend on the mentor:

So basically make sure to take the Guided Study option with Torsiello.
(01-03-2022, 07:04 PM)Lee586 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 06:59 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: I checked Rate My Professors for reviews from people who've taken COS-330. I opened the pages for the 24 professors tagged as part of the Computer Science department, used CTRL+F for "COS", and ended up with reviews for three mentors who've taught COS-330. It might have been different had I searched for "330" while filtering, but in general, I think your experience will also depend on the mentor:

So basically make sure to take the Guided Study option with Torsiello.

That is good news that lots of people were able to get A's in the class.  I read the book and it's not easy stuff.  Based on the grading system, if you score near 100% on the papers, then you only need 50% on the exams to pass.

Sounds like there are no projects which would save you the hell we had to go through with the Study.com Computer Architecture assignment.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Did anyone hear from TESU on the SDC trasnfer officially since they started new term after holidays?
(01-04-2022, 09:35 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Did anyone hear from TESU  on the SDC trasnfer officially since they started new term after holidays?

I have been looking, but haven't seen anything come out. I would expect they will be sending a message similar to the Shmoop message that went out back in May of 2018 stating that the credits will no longer be accepted. If it does come out, it looks like there won't be a grace period as we saw with Shmoop (which I believe it was at the end of May 2018)
In progress:
TESU BSBA-CIS (120/120) [Completed, delayed conferral]
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
SL Going to try Sophia- Calculus 1
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP
CSM Learn
TESU - Cornerstone, Capstone

Thanks if anyone has updates plz share
Getting so frustrated with Computer Architecture, was considering just doing BSBA Computer Information Systems. All I would need is the Capstone, and the CSMlearn math class. Not sure I want to forego a Computer Science degree over one course though. Already did Discrete Math and Data Structures, two of the hardest courses. 

If I did end up switching to BSBA Computer Information Systems, would I also be able to apply for the TESU A.S. in Computer Science at the same time?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,306 59 minutes ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 320 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 208 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX