Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Eliminates SOME Study.com Transfer Credits [unconfirmed]
(01-04-2022, 07:25 PM)Lee586 Wrote: Getting so frustrated with Computer Architecture, was considering just doing BSBA Computer Information Systems. All I would need is the Capstone, and the CSMlearn math class. Not sure I want to forego a Computer Science degree over one course though. Already did Discrete Math and Data Structures, two of the hardest courses. 

If I did end up switching to BSBA Computer Information Systems, would I also be able to apply for the TESU A.S. in Computer Science at the same time?

You can add the BSBA CIS & AS Computer Science to your degree plans.  Then, you automatically earn the AS Computer Science with BA CS credits.  You apply to graduate with only the degrees you completed or want so whichever way you decide to go, you're covered. 

Did you already do Calculus?  One or two courses away, I definitely would finish it out.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-04-2022, 08:14 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 07:25 PM)Lee586 Wrote: Getting so frustrated with Computer Architecture, was considering just doing BSBA Computer Information Systems. All I would need is the Capstone, and the CSMlearn math class. Not sure I want to forego a Computer Science degree over one course though. Already did Discrete Math and Data Structures, two of the hardest courses. 

If I did end up switching to BSBA Computer Information Systems, would I also be able to apply for the TESU A.S. in Computer Science at the same time?

You can add the BSBA CIS & AS Computer Science to your degree plans.  Then, you automatically earn the AS Computer Science with BA CS credits.  You apply to graduate with only the degrees you completed or want so whichever way you decide to go, you're covered. 

Did you already do Calculus?  One or two courses away, I definitely would finish it out.

I only need 6 credits, Computer Architecture and the Liberal Arts Capstone. Computer Architecture has driven me nuts for months. First I tried on Study.com but could not do the assignment. Had it sent back 3 different times and gave up. I'm currently taking Computer Architecture at WGU but cannot pass the class for the life of me. I have also looked into taking it at TESU but it looks really difficult. I don't wanna put up $1600 unless I know for sure I'm gonna pass.
(01-04-2022, 08:21 PM)Lee586 Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 08:14 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

I only need 6 credits, Computer Architecture and the Liberal Arts Capstone. Computer Architecture has driven me nuts for months. First I tried on Study.com but could not do the assignment. Had it sent back 3 different times and gave up. I'm currently taking Computer Architecture at WGU but cannot pass the class for the life of me. I have also looked into taking it at TESU but it looks really difficult. I don't wanna put up $1600 unless I know for sure I'm gonna pass.

Are you studying using the most efficient methods possible?  I would check out some Reddit threads as others have struggled with that course as well.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU_CompSci/com...tionstips/

How close are you to passing the PA and OA?  You are freerolling as it would cost you anything to try however it may be another 40hrs worth of studying before you know if you can pass or not.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I see some people with their signatures they are working on two TESU degrees at once. I thought the rule for TESU is a second Bachelors must have 24 credits completed at TESU? Does this not apply if you complete both degree plans at the same time and apply for graduation at the same time?
(01-06-2022, 06:08 PM)Lee586 Wrote: I see some people with their signatures they are working on two TESU degrees at once. I thought the rule for TESU is a second Bachelors must have 24 credits completed at TESU? Does this not apply if you complete both degree plans at the same time and apply for graduation at the same time?

Yes, the rules are different if you graduate with 2 degrees at the same time as opposed to 1 degree and then go back for a 2nd degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Lee586
(01-06-2022, 06:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 06:08 PM)Lee586 Wrote: I see some people with their signatures they are working on two TESU degrees at once. I thought the rule for TESU is a second Bachelors must have 24 credits completed at TESU? Does this not apply if you complete both degree plans at the same time and apply for graduation at the same time?

Yes, the rules are different if you graduate with 2 degrees at the same time as opposed to 1 degree and then go back for a 2nd degree.

Cool, that's really good to know. Think I'll try for both CS and CIS. Two capstones would be annoying but graduating with dual degrees would be cool. I have 114 applied to CS and just need Architecture and Capstone. Not sure I'll ever pass Architecture though, bane of my existence. As for CIS, I completed a ton of Business classes in a former degree I was in at a former school. So I have 105 applied. Just need Intro to Man Accounting, Business Comm, CSMLearn, Microeconomics, and the Business Capstone.
Do you have "Digital Marketing and Advertising" or some other UL CIS course for the CIS degree? IIRC, only 9 of the credits in the AOS can overlap.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-06-2022, 06:29 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Do you have "Digital Marketing and Advertising" or some other UL CIS course for the CIS degree? IIRC, only 9 of the credits in the AOS can overlap.

The electives are the same as the CS degree. So just one course has to be different out of the 12 AOS Elective Credits? I guess I could take the Network TECEP, Network Technology, or this Digital Marketing class you're talking about. 

Would any of the study classes come in as UL? I already have System Analysis and Database Management overlapping.
For CIS, the UL SDC courses you need are:
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design - this one also applies to CS degree
Computer Science 303: Database Management - this one also applies to CS degree
Business 303: Management Information Systems (or the Davar course comes in as the same thing) - this one also applies to CS degree
Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising - this one DOES NOT apply to CS degree

Then you need to make sure that you have separate LL AOS electives for both. For CIS, that would be either Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications or Computer Science 307: Software Engineering. This CANNOT be a LL elective that is also used in the CS degree. If you did CIS-107 and it's not currently being used in the CS AOS, that one should also work.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda
(01-06-2022, 06:44 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For CIS, the UL SDC courses you need are:
Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design - this one also applies to CS degree
Computer Science 303: Database Management - this one also applies to CS degree
Business 303: Management Information Systems (or the Davar course comes in as the same thing) - this one also applies to CS degree
Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising - this one DOES NOT apply to CS degree

Then you need to make sure that you have separate LL AOS electives for both. For CIS, that would be either Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications or Computer Science 307: Software Engineering. This CANNOT be a LL elective that is also used in the CS degree. If you did CIS-107 and it's not currently being used in the CS AOS, that one should also work.

I am using UL Software Engineering from another school as an AOS Elective in CS. I also am using CIS 107 and a Lower Elective. I do have Business 104 from Study as CIS 103 but it covers the Computers part of of the program and not an Elective.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 96 3 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,562 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 507 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 342 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM