Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Eliminates SOME Study.com Transfer Credits [unconfirmed]
Even if there are changes, once things are accepted, they stay accepted correct? I start CIS-351 in May which will end in July, and that will be my final class for CS.
(04-20-2022, 04:50 PM)Lee586 Wrote: Even if there are changes, once things are accepted, they stay accepted correct? I start CIS-351 in May which will end in July, and that will be my final class for CS.

Where are you taken this course?? I'm curious if the software engineer course from Saylor is accepted as an upper level course  Huh

I prepare my self I registered for the discrete math course at Oakton is less expensive, and they are offering it now for the summer semester. There are only 4 seats left if someone wants to join.
This is in case TESU don't accept this course anymore.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(04-20-2022, 05:15 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 04:50 PM)Lee586 Wrote: Even if there are changes, once things are accepted, they stay accepted correct? I start CIS-351 in May which will end in July, and that will be my final class for CS.

Where are you taken this course?? I'm curious if the software engineer course from Saylor is accepted as an upper level course  Huh

I prepare my self I registered for the discrete math course at Oakton is less expensive, and they are offering it now for the summer semester. There are only 4 seats left if someone wants to join.

At TESU. Expensive, but it is what it is. When it's all said and done, I'll still be getting a bachelor degree for about 10K including the residency waiver, all the ACE classes I've taken, TESU classes, etc. 10K compared to a normal rate of a Bachelors that goes for 30-60K these days is still a heck of a deal.
(04-20-2022, 06:12 PM)Lee586 Wrote:

At TESU. Expensive, but it is what it is. When it's all said and done, I'll still be getting a bachelor degree for about 10K including the residency waiver, all the ACE classes I've taken, TESU classes, etc. 10K compared to a normal rate of a Bachelors that goes for 30-60K these days is still a heck of a deal.
That's right! We spend a lot of time on this board trying to figure out the cheapest way to do something. I like to put forth the notion that sometimes spending a little more to get the AoS you want to advance your career is worth it.

A thousand dollars or so to take a course from TESU that is hard to get somewhere else is a worthwhile expense sometimes.
[-] The following 2 users Like tallpilot's post:
  • LevelUP, rachel83az
(04-23-2022, 09:19 PM)tallpilot Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 06:12 PM)Lee586 Wrote:

That's right! We spend a lot of time on this board trying to figure out the cheapest way to do something. I like to put forth the notion that sometimes spending a little more to get the AoS you want to advance your career is worth it.

A thousand dollars or so to take a course from TESU that is hard to get somewhere else is a worthwhile expense sometimes.

Obviously, if you want a math degree, you should get one.  The thing I would question is getting the degree at TESU vs. another school where it might be cheaper overall, or might have better courses if you actually want to learn something from a course.  Not that you can't learn from a TESU course, but it's going to be self-taught.  I would much prefer to get that kind of major from a school where you actually have access to some good instructors, rather than the TESU model.  So, I'd actually advocate for a MORE expensive degree rather than less expensive in that case.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-20-2022, 03:32 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 03:01 PM)muu9 Wrote: Anyone want to update the degreeforum wiki with the new deadline?

July 1st is just a rumor. For all, we know nothing will change or the changes will be small.

July 1st and Jan 1st are usually when they announce a big change if there are any.

(04-19-2022, 09:59 AM)Blckbuster Wrote: Everything is still accepted at Purdue, right? Worst case scenario I could always switch.

Right, you can always pivot to another degree worst-case scenario.

I meant pivot to a whole other school.
(04-24-2022, 05:05 PM)Blckbuster Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 03:01 PM)muu9 Wrote: Anyone want to update the degreeforum wiki with the new deadline?

July 1st is just a rumor. For all, we know nothing will change or the changes will be small.

July 1st and Jan 1st are usually when they announce a big change if there are any.

(04-19-2022, 09:59 AM)Blckbuster Wrote: Everything is still accepted at Purdue, right? Worst case scenario I could always switch.

PUG doesn't have a BA/BS in Computer Science, so it would also be a different degree.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(04-24-2022, 05:31 PM)carrythenothing Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 05:05 PM)Blckbuster Wrote:

PUG doesn't have a BA/BS in Computer Science, so it would also be a different degree.
I have a dilemma between CMP-354 Network Technology VS CMP-354 TE which course is easier to pass, to finalize my degree I'm going to pay the flat rate to take 3 courses at TESU at once, what you guys recommend? 
I was reading that one has 6 written assignment and the other you need to pass a multiple choice exam and score minimum of 70%

In progress:
Completed:
(04-24-2022, 06:06 PM)gams007 Wrote: I have a dilemma between CMP-354 Network Technology VS CMP-354 TE which course is easier to pass, to finalize my degree I'm going to pay the flat rate to take 3 courses at TESU at once, what you guys recommend? 
I was reading that one has 6 written assignment and the other you need to pass a multiple choice exam and score minimum of 70%

Syllabus for CMP-354: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pqIr...ExAtA/edit

TECEP test description: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vpx7...HASoE/edit

The TECEP won't count toward a flat-rate term or residency.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(04-24-2022, 06:25 PM)carrythenothing Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 06:06 PM)gams007 Wrote: I have a dilemma between CMP-354 Network Technology VS CMP-354 TE which course is easier to pass, to finalize my degree I'm going to pay the flat rate to take 3 courses at TESU at once, what you guys recommend? 

Syllabus for CMP-354: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pqIr...ExAtA/edit

TECEP test description: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vpx7...HASoE/edit

The TECEP won't count toward a flat-rate term or residency.

That part I know, but my question was which course model is easier to pass if someone has experience.

In progress:
Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 561 1 hour ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 123 2 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 613 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 534 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 342 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 251 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM