Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Evaluation of Outside Credits Term Limit
(07-01-2021, 07:17 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Additional costs include:
  • 24 RA credits @ approx $50/credit (TEL/ONU/TECEP): $1200
  • Sophia, 3 months (approx 70-80 credits): $237
  • Study.com, 24 credits - 8 courses (some degrees require more, some degrees require less): $800
Additional costs total: $2237

Would you tell me what TEL and ONU stand for?

Have you heard of any others completing a BSBA in one term if the 90 transferable credits are finished prior to enrolling and transferred in after enrolling? Do you know what would all have to be done in that one term if all transferrable credits were finished?

Thank you!

A term at TESU is almost meaningless. You have 1 year from becoming enrolled before your enrollment lapses. Then you'd either need to pay for a(nother) TECEP or enroll in a class. Each class and/or TECEP you pay for extends your enrollment period. It is completely possible to finish a degree at TESU within the 1-year period but you really do want to apply/enroll ASAP and not wait until you have a certain number of credits. 

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TEL_Learning
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University

There are roadmaps on the wiki but they have not yet been updated to the brand new catalog that TESU just rolled out.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-01-2021, 07:23 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 07:17 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Additional costs include:
  • 24 RA credits @ approx $50/credit (TEL/ONU/TECEP): $1200
  • Sophia, 3 months (approx 70-80 credits): $237
  • Study.com, 24 credits - 8 courses (some degrees require more, some degrees require less): $800
Additional costs total: $2237

Would you tell me what TEL and ONU stand for?

Have you heard of any others completing a BSBA in one term if the 90 transferable credits are finished prior to enrolling and transferred in after enrolling? Do you know what would all have to be done in that one term if all transferrable credits were finished?

Thank you!

A term at TESU is almost meaningless. You have 1 year from becoming enrolled before your enrollment lapses. Then you'd either need to pay for a(nother) TECEP or enroll in a class. Each class and/or TECEP you pay for extends your enrollment period. It is completely possible to finish a degree at TESU within the 1-year period but you really do want to apply/enroll ASAP and not wait until you have a certain number of credits. 

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TEL_Learning
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University

There are roadmaps on the wiki but they have not yet been updated to the brand new catalog that TESU just rolled out.

Would tuition costs at TESU cover that year of enrollment?
Current: UMPI YourPace competency-based BABA, Management & Leadership Concentration, Project Management and Management of Information Systems Minors. Starting with 15 RA credits previously earned in community college. Took the CSM Learn course. Now going through Sophia courses.
Goal: Walden TEMPO competency-based MBA.
Timeline: Started planning mid 2021. Finish both, Jan 2023. A year and a half total, including planning. Started planning on TESU, but was advised towards UMPI to take advantage of financial aid. I'm now excited to finish completely competency-based.
Fun fact: I sometimes use TV as a productivity toolOne episode per chapter, load of dishes, or basket of laundry!
Thanks to everyone, and happy studying!  Smile
schristian10 Wrote:Thanks for your reply.

*snip* You are a legend on this forum. Walden also accepts transfer credits and the four transferable courses in the TESU Bachelor's to Master's program are 700 level courses that I'm sure Walden would consider taking as well. Do you think it would be worth it take the four extra credit-by-examination courses instead and then start the MBA at WU with no transferable credits from TESU?

I have 15 credits, and one class on my transcript is a D (an art class) from when I dropped out of school about six years ago. I was thinking about having it expunged until I saw a post that said it wouldn't effect me at TESU, and that they would still accept that grade. *snip*

Thanks, I guess.  That's the third time I've read that, I dunno what it really means to be a legend on a forum.  Anyways, to answer your questions below.  BTW, the D in that art class can be used as a free elective, you're good to go with it at TESU.

Yes, Walden will take the 4 courses into their Masters program, they allow a max of 50% of the Masters.  One thing to note is, if you're doing the Bach2Mast at TESU, you should also complete the requirements through ACE as well.  So you can use these 4 courses as Master level grad credit.

(07-01-2021, 07:50 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Have you heard of any others completing a BSBA in one term if the 90 transferable credits are finished prior to enrolling and transferred in after enrolling? Do you know what would all have to be done in that one term if all transferrable credits were finished?

Would tuition costs at TESU cover that year of enrollment?

Here's the breakdown:  You can transfer in 114 credits, 90 max through CLEP/ACE/NCCRS, 24 through RA sources.  Your minimum is to take 6 credits at TESU (Cornerstone/Capstone).  There are a few major options for RA, 1) Take courses elsewhere and transfer them in, example: ONU/TEL, etc.  2) Take exams, such as TECEPS/UEXCELS.  3) Take 16-18 credits at TESU for residency requirements and a mix of 1&2. 

Tuition in the form of taking a course or a TECEP will have you enrolled for a year, it's up to you to decide to either pay the residency waiver fee or take courses towards those 16 credits.  My personal preference and I suggest taking X TECEPS and taking X courses at TESU to hit 30 RA credits.  In fact, because you can select any course at TESU, you can get an extra Bachelors by completing another Capstone.

You might want to review: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
And take a look at this: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Waiver-Fee
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-01-2021, 07:50 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Would tuition costs at TESU cover that year of enrollment?

I am not completely sure what you are asking here. Perhaps the wiki page will be of help? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th..._to_Enroll
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • schristian10
(07-02-2021, 05:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 07:50 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Would tuition costs at TESU cover that year of enrollment?

I am not completely sure what you are asking here. Perhaps the wiki page will be of help? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th..._to_Enroll

Sorry there. This example and hopeful misunderstanding of my own might make more sense... If the Full-Time Flat Rate tuition is $4,639, would that be per three month term? So, if the degree requirements are not completed by the end of the three month term then would there be another $4,639 tuition fee?
Current: UMPI YourPace competency-based BABA, Management & Leadership Concentration, Project Management and Management of Information Systems Minors. Starting with 15 RA credits previously earned in community college. Took the CSM Learn course. Now going through Sophia courses.
Timeline: Started planning mid 2021. Finish both, Jan 2023. A year and a half total, including planning. Started planning on TESU, but was advised towards UMPI to take advantage of financial aid. I'm now excited to finish completely competency-based.
Fun fact: I sometimes use TV as a productivity toolOne episode per chapter, load of dishes, or basket of laundry!
You have 12 months, not 3. To make things simple, we'll say that you apply to TESU on January 1st, 2020. (Yes, I know that's already passed, but it makes the math easier!) You send in all of your transcripts and they are evaluated by January 15th, 2020. You now have 30 credits at TESU. This puts you in applicant status. TESU does not yet count you as a student. You may stay in applicant status for 12 months before you have to apply again, so you'll have applicant status until January 1st, 2021. However, you only get TWO transcript evaluations while in applicant status. You will need more evaluations in order to be able to send in credits from everywhere.

So, you pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP on January 27th, 2020. This costs $50. Whether or not you take the exam, you become a fully enrolled student on February 10th, 2020. This status lasts until next February 10th, 2021.

Now you start taking courses at Sophia and Study.com, sending them to TESU once a month. You're making steady progress. But you realize in October of 2020 that, due to the holidays, you're not going to be able to transfer in 114 credits by the end of the year.

You have two choices: You can enroll in the cornerstone for November and take this. It's an easy class and doesn't take much effort. If you do this, you tack on another 12 months to your enrollment period. Now, you're fully enrolled until November of 2021. Or you can wait until January 20th, 2021 and pay for another TECEP. If you do this, you are now enrolled until February 10th, 2022.

If you actually take any TECEPs at TESU, this extends your enrollment by 12 months from the day of the first term. For instance, let's say that you decided to take the English Comp TECEPs in May of 2020 instead of bringing them in from Sophia or somewhere else. Your enrollment would be good until May 10th of 2021, not the initial February 10th.

Does this help?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, park0902, schristian10
schristian10 Wrote:Sorry there. This example and hopeful misunderstanding of my own might make more sense... If the Full-Time Flat Rate tuition is $4,639, would that be per three month term? So, if the degree requirements are not completed by the end of the three month term then would there be another $4,639 tuition fee?

In addition to what Rachel83Az mentioned, there will not be another tuition fee or residency waiver fee if you complete 16 credits in that one flat rate term. That term fee is exactly what it says, a fee for just one 3 month term, you can take a minimum of 9 credits and many maximize the credits within that one term. There are other options to maximize the credits and lower the costs...

Having said that, if you need to extend a course or two, it's $236/course extension each course. Some people who take X courses and X e-packs would maybe just extend the courses when needed and focus on completing everything accordingly. If you can't finish 16 credits in 1 term, my suggestion is to take 16-18 of easy courses in that term, and then just the capstone alone in another term.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • schristian10
(06-22-2021, 09:24 PM)schristian10 Wrote: ...

I have 15 credits, and one class on my transcript is a D (an art class) from when I dropped out of school about six years ago. I was thinking about having it expunged until I saw a post that said it wouldn't effect me at TESU, and that they would still accept that grade.

Getting a grade "expunged" isn't really a thing. You can often get a grade replaced by taking a course over again, but even that doesn't get it off your transcript, just out of the GPA reported on that transcript. Definitely not useful in your situation.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • schristian10
(07-02-2021, 10:16 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You have 12 months, not 3. To make things simple, we'll say that you apply to TESU on January 1st, 2020. (Yes, I know that's already passed, but it makes the math easier!) You send in all of your transcripts and they are evaluated by January 15th, 2020. You now have 30 credits at TESU. This puts you in applicant status. TESU does not yet count you as a student. You may stay in applicant status for 12 months before you have to apply again, so you'll have applicant status until January 1st, 2021. However, you only get TWO transcript evaluations while in applicant status. You will need more evaluations in order to be able to send in credits from everywhere.

So, you pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP on January 27th, 2020. This costs $50. Whether or not you take the exam, you become a fully enrolled student on February 10th, 2020. This status lasts until next February 10th, 2021.

Now you start taking courses at Sophia and Study.com, sending them to TESU once a month. You're making steady progress. But you realize in October of 2020 that, due to the holidays, you're not going to be able to transfer in 114 credits by the end of the year.

You have two choices: You can enroll in the cornerstone for November and take this. It's an easy class and doesn't take much effort. If you do this, you tack on another 12 months to your enrollment period. Now, you're fully enrolled until November of 2021. Or you can wait until January 20th, 2021 and pay for another TECEP. If you do this, you are now enrolled until February 10th, 2022.

If you actually take any TECEPs at TESU, this extends your enrollment by 12 months from the day of the first term. For instance, let's say that you decided to take the English Comp TECEPs in May of 2020 instead of bringing them in from Sophia or somewhere else. Your enrollment would be good until May 10th of 2021, not the initial February 10th.

Does this help?
It absolutely does! Thank you so much. If someone had followed that hypothetical situation of yours, what could their overall tuition cost be, not including any outside costs, if they completed 16 TESU credits within at least one term, started on January 1st, 2020, and completed everything on February 10th, 2022?

I mentioned out of excitement that the other poster bjcheung77 was a bit of a legend on the forum because their username was on almost every available thread I read. Seeing that you're just as prolific, I just want to say I have seen you about as much and I thank you for all of your time.
If you do 16 credits in one term, you pay $3579 if you're in New Jersey or $4639 anywhere else. Plus application & graduation fees.

But you do NOT have to complete your degree in 3 months. In fact, we strongly recommend enrolling as soon as possible and sending your courses in regularly. If you have 10 credits, enroll. If you have 30 credits, enroll. It only costs $50/year to stay enrolled (Medical Terminology TECEP). Waiting until you have 104 credits and then enrolling could mean that the catalog has changed since you started and/or the courses that you took are no longer brought in as the same equivalencies. Not enrolling today could mean that your degree takes substantially longer than you expected/planned.

Enroll now, do the 16-credit term when you're almost done with your degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 696 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP