Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course
Here is my rough question/thesis statement that will be the basis of my capstone. I will need to revise and improve but this will give you an idea of the LIB Capstone. I will post info about the course as I go.

Major Question: From a historical/anthropological perspective, was the civilization of Ur a natural increase in technology over time or was there outside influence from other lesser known peoples or civilizations?

Sub-Questions:
1. What do we know in general of Ur from the 1920’s excavations?
2. What other dynamics from Eridu may have played a roll in the advancements of Ur?
3. Is there evidence of other societies that could have brought technology from the north to the Sumerian region?
4. What oral or other traditions might support the possibilities of technology before Eridu that might have gone into the creation of Ur?
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • badooble
Even though my class does not start until tomorrow I have already started. My instructor/mentor has also responded and is helping me refine my questions. So far so good, and I will be working ahead as much as I can.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
I'll be following your progress since my Capstone starts next semester. Keep us updated!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
Okay, when taking this class please be prepared to comment on other peoples posts more than you might want to. It's a major part of your grade, and you must be somewhat chatty. I have added the Syllabus here to this post, and you can view this ahead of time. I think having the information ahead of time will help those who come after us.

Attached Files
.pdf   syllabus_LIB-495-sep18.pdf (Size: 153.66 KB / Downloads: 75)
Week 1 Update:

Mostly about forum posting responses to other peoples topic questions. I did post my topic questions and received a response from the instructor. I personally don't like this and that's why I prefer to not do online classes. The class has been easy so far, and the next major assignment will be my introduction for my capstone. I have my syllabus here on this thread for everyone's review it and get a good idea.
  • Supermind
Week 2 Update:

Now I have a very busy schedule and am taking two TESU classes this November semester. My only issue has been keeping up with the number of responses to other peoples posts according to the schedule. You have to be very careful on this, and what the dates with great care. Today I found I was late on my responses for my other class.

I'm now working on my first chapter and will get this developed this weekend. Writing it will be fun, but difficult and time-consuming.

How is everyone else doing on their capstone?
[-] The following 2 users Like vetvso's post:
  • quigongene, Supermind
Actually just finished my capstone last week. Passed on first submission for both :-) Thanks for asking!!
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Supermind
(11-16-2018, 02:43 PM)quigongene Wrote: Actually just finished my capstone last week.  Passed on first submission for both :-)  Thanks for asking!!

That's great! I hope to be reporting the same thing in Jan.
  • quigongene
I'm on ch4: Results of the study. This has been the most time-consuming chapter. It now has 11 pages of text, 5 pages of graphs or charts, and a 1-page appendix. I still don't feel like I covered all I need to, but I am so burned out I'm not going to add anything. Admittedly, I do not have any experience with a paper of this sort, maybe that's why it is so time-consuming for me. Chapter2: literature review was the 2nd most time-consuming. I sure hope ch5 & 6 are easier.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
Yeah, I know what you mean about about wanting to cover more. However, as long as you've addressed all of your questions, you've done what you're supposed to. Also remember that you will be revising theses chapters, so if your conclusion just absolutely needs another chart or table, you can come back and add it in. As I recall, chapter 4 was the one where I decided to chop two of my subquestions in order to keep the scope of the paper more focused and because I wasn't finding much research to answer them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • mudball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,358 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 534 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 302 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az