Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU LIB495 Capstone - December 2020 Term
Hey, so, I signed up for the December 2020 Term Liberal Arts Capstone.
Just creating a thread so we can all "converse" and get "ideas".
It won't really matter which professor you have signed up with.

If you need the extra assistance and need someone to brainstorm with, post here with your questions.
The course is the same for each and every student, the instructor would be different.
Note: There is the guided study option, but I chose the Online option instead!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • CynKane, LevelUP
(11-23-2020, 02:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, so, I signed up for the December 2020 Term Liberal Arts Capstone.

If you need the extra assistance and need someone to brainstorm with, post here with your questions.
The course is the same for each and every student, the instructor would be different.

This is a wonderful idea!  I don’t want to sign up until I have some doable research questions developed!  I would do the online option as well!  For my paper, I want to explore how to make psychotherapy more effective through further training for therapists. How can they be a more giving and nurturing relational partner in the quest for better mental health? 

My degree is in Liberal Studies with a focus in Psychology. 

The paper is to be around 30 pages I think?  

I’m not sure how easy it will be to feel supported by TESU virtually so this thread is something I’m really glad to be a part of!  So thank you!

Looking forward to hearing about your and others ideas and process in producing our final and substantial undergrad efforts!
I'm not doing the capstone (yet) but are you able to do a project instead of a paper? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TESU_Capstone implies that you can do either one, depending on what your instructor says while https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...stone-like says that you HAVE to write a paper even for Computer Science. Do you only get to do a project if you do the alternate capstone?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-23-2020, 02:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I'm not doing the capstone (yet) but are you able to do a project instead of a paper? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TESU_Capstone implies that you can do either one, depending on what your instructor says while https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...stone-like says that you HAVE to write a paper even for Computer Science. Do you only get to do a project if you do the alternate capstone?

I Signed up for the Dec2020 Capstone and from what I found it seems they changed the capstone coursework. Looks like everyone has to write a 25 page research paper on a topic they pick and then have to create an 8-10 minute oral presentation slideshow about your paper. They took away the option for a creative project, which was on the old syllabus but not the new one. I linked the new capstone syllabus below.

https://www2.tesu.edu/syllabus/current/L...B-495.html

(11-23-2020, 02:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, so, I signed up for the December 2020 Term Liberal Arts Capstone.

I'm signed up too for the December term and also a Computer Science Major. Which instructor did you pick?
An oral presentation? Argh! I hate oral presentations.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • celerius
If i am going for Psychology and Computer science does it mean my paper have to cover topic related to both fields? Or i can chose to write on 1 of them?
I think this post is an excellent idea, and I hope others might continue this later.

When you are finished someone please contact me if you wish to sell the book.
Is the BSBA Capstone different from other Capstones? If the book is different then I would not be interested. I am interested in this thread though!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dorothy44's post:
  • CynKane
I was just perusing the syllabus and noticed for any career major that is under computer science, criminal justice, mathematics, psychology, or sociology, will take the Major Field Test. I honestly thought everyone did the written assessment. This uses ProctorU, but you'll use a different account from your Exam ProctorU account.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

(11-24-2020, 06:09 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: I think this post is an excellent idea, and I hope others might continue this later.

When you are finished someone please contact me if you wish to sell the book.
Is the BSBA Capstone different from other Capstones? If the book is different then I would not be interested. I am interested in this thread though!
You may want to look here
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=36222

if you're doing the bsba capstone
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(11-24-2020, 07:33 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I was just perusing the syllabus and noticed for any career major that is under computer science, criminal justice, mathematics, psychology, or sociology,  will take the Major Field Test. I honestly thought everyone did the written assessment. This uses ProctorU, but you'll use a different account from your Exam ProctorU account.

Oh no.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Plan to start my capstone in Feb if I finish up most of my computer science credits.

I'm not sure the difference between the GS and OL one.  Be nice if someone could attach their schedule of assignments for each course.
All I know if OL one has forum posts but does that mean GS has extra work since no forum posts?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 766 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 362 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,163 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy