Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Liberal Studies Degree Plan Help
Hello, 
I hope everyone has been safe the past two years. I'm revisiting this thread after the Corona fiasco has subsided after losing my job and I have found a new employer that has a program for employees through Guild Education. While I was on an unpaid leave of absence I had enrolled and paid for the Charter Oak Cornerstone Seminar(IDS-101). After this class, I'm right at 93 credit hours(attached transcript below). My new employer's education program has fully paid agreements with the following schools and programs;
  • BA/BS in Psychology(Oregon State University)
  • BS in Psychology(Excelsior University)
  • BS in Psychology in Applied Behavior Analysis(Purdue University Global)
  • BS in Health Information Management(Purdue University Global)
  • BA in Business Administration(Paul Quinn)
Having listed the above, I am also allowed to spend $5,250/yr in tuition at other schools. Therefore, should I continue with my initial plan of going to school at Charter Oak with the psychology program that was outlined on the initial thread or enroll at Excelsior to finish the rest of the Psych program since it's fully paid for. What would be the quickest and cheapest(for me)? I appreciate the help and please let me know if you'd like me to post this on another category.

Attached Files
.pdf   Charter Oak Transcript.pdf (Size: 89.3 KB / Downloads: 11)
I would either go to TESU, Excelsior, or UMPI. Charter Oak is all but impossible to get a degree at now. They've changed policies a LOT in the past 2 years.

UNPI would be fastest/cheapest, but they don't have a Psych degree.

Excelsior can be difficult to work with, but the fully paid aspect is nice and may help soothe any issues that might arise.

TESU has a Paych degree and may be easier to deal with than Excelsior. But they might not be super fast; you'd need to take at least one flat-rate term in order to avoid paying the $3k+ residency waiver fee.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • afro_knowledge
(12-14-2022, 02:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I would either go to TESU, Excelsior, or UMPI. Charter Oak is all but impossible to get a degree at now. They've changed policies a LOT in the past 2 years.

UNPI would be fastest/cheapest, but they don't have a Psych degree.

Excelsior can be difficult to work with, but the fully paid aspect is nice and may help soothe any issues that might arise.

TESU has a Paych degree and may be easier to deal with than Excelsior. But they might not be super fast; you'd need to take at least one flat-rate term in order to avoid paying the $3k+ residency waiver fee.

Thank you for the information! My degree doesn't have to be in Psych, it can be in anything that's liberal arts or anything that I can complete the fastest if that changes the direction I should be taking?
If it can be "anything" Liberal Arts, and you're okay with writing papers, UMPI will likely be the fastest even though it's possible that Excelsior might accept more of your current credits. Depends on what you have, though.

You can see what degrees UMPI offers here: https://online.umpi.edu/degrees/undergraduate/

For UMPI, you'll need a lab science (which COSC already required). If your lab science is biology, you'll need Chemistry or Environmental Science from Sophia. If your lab science is any non-biological science, you'll need Human Biology from Sophia. You'll also need 3 credits of a foreign language. Sophia now has Spanish I & II (you only need one of these). Or, if you're fluent in something like French or German, you could take an ACTFL exam to get those credits. You probably have most/all of the other GEC (gen ed) credits that UMPI requires. It's allotted differently, but still quite similar to COSC's Gen Ed requirements.

There are degree plans for the various degrees here, so you can see how close you might be to one of them: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

You must take at least 30 credits at UMPI. UMPI charges a flat-rate of $1400 per 8-week session no matter how many or how few classes you take. Most students are able to finish in 2 or 3 sessions. If you do this, with your tuition reimbursement, it'll be free. If it takes you 4 sessions, you'd wind up paying $350 out of pocket.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • afro_knowledge
@afro_knowledge, You should review the degree/program and school options from Guild Education here: https://schools.guildeducation.com/ - You have Outlier.org, Sophia.org, Study.com and many more paid for with Guild Education partnership, you should verify that though.  

There are many institutions also covered, even though TESU isn't in the list, you have over $5K to use each year.  I think you're good with a TESU double Associates (Bio/Math) degree and double Bachelors BSBA CIS/BACS, it can all be paid for...  If you're looking just at finishing faster, find out what programs/schools interest you from the link.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 17 2,483 04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 592 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 490 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 517 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 271 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,316 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 398 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 373 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az