Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Masters in Data Science
(05-27-2019, 04:31 PM)Charca Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 12:48 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 09:27 AM)Charca Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 04:44 PM)joeguida Wrote: So if I can't use the same courses, I'll probably just get the BA in Computer Science. If I do that, and than just take the statistics.com courses listed on the MS Data Science page, I would then only have to take the capstone right?

I'm wondering exactly the same thing. I've completed all the Statistics.com courses required for the BS in Data Science and Analytics, and I only have a few credits remaining to obtain the degree. But, like you said, if the Statistic.com courses are exactly the same for the BS and MS degrees (which I believe they are, since they have the same names and Statistic.com only has one option for each of these courses), and I wouldn't be able to re-use them for the Master's, then I might just get the credits that I need for the BACS and "save" the Statistic.com courses for later.

I've asked TESU about this but I've received a non-answer, and I can't find any information regarding whether the courses like Predictive Analytics 1, 2, and 3 are the same in both the BS and MS programs. Is anyone currently enrolled in the Master's program that can validate this information?
https://www.statistics.com/degrees/tesu-ms/#faq

I am a TESU student in the Bachelors Program in Data Science Analytics - the course topics are similar to those in the Master’s Program.  Can I get credit for those? Students can take the graduate version of Predictive Analytics 1, 2, 3 (DSI-601/602/603 or DSI-604/605/606) and Forecasting (DSI-510) at the end of their undergraduate degree program; paying the undergraduate tuition rate. If approved for entry into the grad program, students will then have already taken 12 of the necessary 36 credits needed to earn an MS degree – saving both time and money.  https://www.tesu.edu/academics/bachelors...rs-program

Thank you for pointing me to that resource, akr680. This is consistent with the information I received from TESU, in that their Bachelor's to Master's Program allows you to transfer 4 of the courses you completed for the BS to the MS.

But I've taken 9 courses at Statistics.com that are part of both the BS and MS degrees, so it looks like if I go that route, I would have to re-take the other 5 courses.

My question was (and I assume joeguida was wondering the same thing), if I change my Bachelor's program to TESU's BACS instead of Data Science and Analytics, would I be able to apply all of the 9 courses I've taken through Statistics.com to the Data Science MS?
Sorry, I don't know much information. Please have a look at the below details.

Are these the same courses that I took at Statistics.com, either for a Statistics.com certificate program, or for a TESU Bachelor’s program? The topics are similar, but the courses are at a graduate level and are structured a bit differently:

• Each course is 8 weeks long versus 4 weeks for the undergraduate BS.

• Each course has a mentored project associated with it at an MS level intensity

• To access the courses, you will log into the TESU learning management system (LMS)

• Tuition is paid directly to TESU

• The courses are officially TESU courses (not Statistics.com courses that offer a credit transfer via ACE Credit)
If I have already taken similar courses at Statistics.com, will I be able to take the TESU Masters courses at a faster rate? You probably will be able to progress through the topic faster than if you were studying it for the first time, and hence you may be able to schedule a heavier load of courses and move through the program more quickly.
Will I be able to get credit for the courses I have taken at Statistics.com? Via the American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation service, you can transfer graduate-level Statistics.com courses that have direct counterparts in the TESU MS Program. The courses to which this applies are

• Risk Simulation and Queuing transfers as DSI-620*

• Integer and Nonlinear Programming and Network Flow (also known as Advanced Optimization) transfers as DSI-621* 
------------------

Does TESU charge the full graduate tuition for this program ($668)? I'm interested in this program but it looks so expensive...

Edit - I am super confused about this degree. On statistics.com, in the FAQ:

Via the American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendation service, you can transfer graduate-level Statistics.com courses that have direct counterparts in the TESU MS Program. The courses to which this applies are

• Risk Simulation and Queuing transfers as DSI-620*

• Integer and Nonlinear Programming and Network Flow (also known as Advanced Optimization) transfers as DSI-621* 
Does this mean I'm unable to take all 12 credits from statistics.com and transfer them through ACE to the MS at TESU, without taking one of statistics.com's very expensive PASS certificates (5k)?
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP